facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2011, 04:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

signed.

Old March 11, 2011, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Congrats Riyad, what a comeback game!!!

The stability that Riyad provides in the middle order is really crucial... However, I do hope that he keeps working on his weakness on scoring quick runs!
Old March 11, 2011, 04:25 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I have said this before and I am saying this again. Riyad is not a power play material.He is too good of a batsman and is perfect for our #4 position. Even Gavaskar wanted him to bat there...
Old March 11, 2011, 04:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I have said this before and I am saying this again. Riyad is not a power play material.He is too good of a batsman and is perfect for our #4 position. Even Gavaskar wanted him to bat there...
Riyad hardly ever hits out, he normally gets out by trying to defend or look for a single in the batting powerplay. Like today early on his innings he tried to defend a ball and eddged the ball which just fell short for the wicket keeper...
Old March 11, 2011, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

He is faboulus with such RRR6 type matches and I think I saw couple of his 20-20 innings in Dubai where he won his team this way. But in case of RRR8 or RRR9, I have not seen him delivered yet. But I love to believe he is more than capable.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Ignore BD fan's comment, his analysis is only good if we were batting first and Riyad not hitting. Riyad and Shafiul were smart to watch out for Bresnan's deliveries and go after the other bowlers. Riyad did way better than Mushiq. Mushfiq's more than acceptable dot balls cost the wicket of Shakib and further Mushfiq could not make up for that loss either.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

I don't know why people talk about replacing Mahmudullah every now and then. I would not be surprised if many of us forget his contribution today and may be even quote today's performance as 'sissy' as his strike rate was only 50 bla bla bla....many people don't think about the situation, only check the stats.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
run rate went over 7 and half? What game were you watching? The required run rate barely touched 6.5? Riyad had a plan and he was stuck with it. Sure maybe it wasn't the best plan or maybe some other day it would have failed, but today it didn't and that's all it matters. You should try to understand the situation first. The plan was to make it till the batting power play comes and than hit out. When bresnan and Shehzad was bowling stump to stump if he tried anything fancy chances are he would gotten out. I don't think he was comfortable just giving the strike to shafi at first maybe he was afraid shafi would get out. But once Shafi started hit a few boundary both of them started to loosen up a bit. There was no need for Riyad to hit boundary because Shafi was doing it. It doesn't make sense for both of the batsman's to go for big shots considering we still had well over 5 overs left and England bowlers were practically handing out free runs with wides. And the other point is Riyad needed to survive out there, even if Shaif got out the match would still not be over, and he might have been able to close out the match with Rubel's help.

Bottom line is yes Shafi is the one that lead from the front, but he couldn't have done it without Riyad. And to me that deserves just a lot of credit.
I was just going to ask the same question.
Old March 12, 2011, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Thanks you Riyadh! You are the boss!
Old March 12, 2011, 12:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

We've been hearing for a couple of years now, Naeem and Riad can bat a bit...

Overjoyed that for once he scored some absolutely vital runs, and more importantly kept his cool, and remained sensible.
Old March 12, 2011, 01:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

He should bat at #4 that's his ideal position, he's a better batsman than Mushfiq and Naeem. Liked the way he entered the big picture, his calmness, his godfather type mood as if everything was normal. Even though wickets were tumbling at the other end, he kept his cool and played his innings according to the situation. Should have never been dropped, Riyad over Ashraful anyday of the year.
Old March 12, 2011, 01:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd fan
because of shafiul we won.... he shud be given more credit-- shafiul made 24 runs off 24 balls and mahmudullah got 21 runs off 42 balls Mahmudullah nearly costed us the match.

And I thought mahmuudullah was supposed to bat like a top order batsmen. Well... he was lucky shafiul saved him otherwise loads of people would be bashing mahmudullah.... Shafiul played much better. I remember Mahmudullah edging a ball which just fell short to the wicket keeper.

When mahmudullah came out to bat i was really angry, it was like he wanted the team to lose. I mean he had no intention to try and hit a boundary. Instead he was defending and the reqired run rate was creeping up to seven and a half. But shafiul then the next over scored i think a four and a six to mantain the required run rate.

I remember mullah doin this before in previous matches, where it looked like all he cared about was his average.

-Please don't get angry at me, I am extremely happy that Bangladesh won, but just saying that mahmudullah didn't actually play that well
I really have to say you do not understand cricket. Cricket is not just about hitting the ball. He is an accomplished batsman and needed to take into account that Shafiul is just a tail ender and thus took the sedate approach. You need to know how to appreciate a player with Brains. And you are saying he was nearly costing us the match? Are you a fool or what? Sorry I do not usually intend to make personal attacks but you kind of pissed me off!
Old March 12, 2011, 01:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd fan
because of shafiul we won.... he shud be given more credit-- shafiul made 24 runs off 24 balls and mahmudullah got 21 runs off 42 balls Mahmudullah nearly costed us the match.

And I thought mahmuudullah was supposed to bat like a top order batsmen. Well... he was lucky shafiul saved him otherwise loads of people would be bashing mahmudullah.... Shafiul played much better. I remember Mahmudullah edging a ball which just fell short to the wicket keeper.

When mahmudullah came out to bat i was really angry, it was like he wanted the team to lose. I mean he had no intention to try and hit a boundary. Instead he was defending and the reqired run rate was creeping up to seven and a half. But shafiul then the next over scored i think a four and a six to mantain the required run rate.

I remember mullah doin this before in previous matches, where it looked like all he cared about was his average.

-Please don't get angry at me, I am extremely happy that Bangladesh won, but just saying that mahmudullah didn't actually play that well
The state of you...incredible. I think you need to stick to watching the PL on Sky.
Old March 12, 2011, 01:59 AM
Banned

Shafi and Riyad our heroes.
Old March 12, 2011, 02:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I'm not a Riyad fan but he did exactly what was needed when Shuhash showed his intent to go for the win. Without Riyad's intelligent support, he'd have either run out of partners or worse, gotten out swinging, as simple as that.

Riyad has always been more effective in tandem, be it with bat or ball. I've seen him provide key breakthroughs with the ball when someone's creating sustained pressure from the other end. Bat in hand, he can do the same once someone from the other end can help him play his natural game. His natural game means settling in with overly defensive shots, painfully finding the gap every now and then, and about 30 or so balls later, finding the boundary safely. He values his wicket and should bat further up the order in tests.

On a side note, I don't see how Ashrafool can be considered "talented" without flaunting our ignorance of the concept. Someone who doesn't learn from his all-too-often unforced, careless batting errors after more than 100 moronic dismissals, cannot be called anything other than a moron, no matter how much potential he has. It takes talent to apply that potential in the middle when it counts, no matter how hard you work in the nets.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 12, 2011, 02:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I'm not a Riyad fan but he did exactly what was needed when Shuhash showed his intent to go for the win. Without Riyad's intelligent support, he'd have either run out of partners or worse, gotten out swinging, as simple as that.

Riyad has always been more effective in tandem, be it with bat or ball. I've seen him provide key breakthroughs with the ball when someone's creating sustained pressure from the other end. Bat in hand, he can do the same once someone from the other end can help him play his natural game. His natural game means settling in with overly defensive shots, painfully finding the gap every now and then, and about 30 or so balls later, finding the boundary safely. He values his wicket and should bat further up the order in tests.

On a side note, I don't see how Ashrafool can be considered "talented" without flaunting our ignorance of the concept. Someone who doesn't learn from his all-too-often unforced, careless batting errors after more than 100 moronic dismissals, cannot be called anything other than a moron, no matter how much potential he has. It takes talent to apply that potential in the middle when it counts, no matter how hard you work in the nets.
very well stated. had it not been for shafiul, we would have reached 200-9 in 50 overs and soundly lost by 25 runs.

Riyad is a shoo in for tests though, should bat up the order at no 5 perhaps with Shakib at 6.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 12, 2011, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Riyad contributed just as much as Shafiul in my books, Riyad had a plan of leaving 40 odd runs in the last 5 and have a go. Shafiul made his job much easier, but still the maturity he showed, the way he handled Shafiul and picked up singles was truly world class.

I am not really a Riyad fan in ODIs, but well done Riyad.
Old March 12, 2011, 03:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
very well stated. had it not been for shafiul, we would have reached 200-9 in 50 overs and soundly lost by 25 runs.

Riyad is a shoo in for tests though, should bat up the order at no 5 perhaps with Shakib at 6.
190 all out by the 44th, best case scenario.

Riyad is definitely a shoo-in for tests as things stand now, and I see a lot of potential in his bowling also. His combined use of drift, bounce and turns in during the WI BanglaWash was revelatory, as was his ability to bowl long spells with good focus.

But as guys with equal temperament but better ability and variety like Shubhagauto with bat, and Nasir with bat and ball challenge him, he'll have a hard time retaining his position in the test side. They can also challenge him in the shorter formats without difficulty, as can a match and emotionally fit Alok Kapali.

Someone unsissifiable like Rumman can easily replace him and Nayeem in the shorter formats with bat and ball.

So he should continue to work hard in order to improve, cast aside loser advice, play with desire and enjoy the ride as long as he's here.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 5, 2011, 03:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

a little history on Ryad:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...05/news/159773
Old June 5, 2011, 07:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

riyad as it stands should for sure have a test spot purely for his batting ability, i reckon naeem should be given more of a shot there to and shuvagoto is someone who could be given ago and might hold a spot in the future. but riyad, if he continues to get similar results as he has done with the bat in tests, then he should have a long term spot in the team.
Old June 6, 2011, 04:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

মাহমুদউল্লাহ

প্রথম পাঁচ

মাহমুদউল্লাহ

প্রথম ব্যাট
ভাইয়ার দেওয়া একটা ব্যাট। খুব সম্ভবত এস জি...আমি তখন ক্লাস সেভেনে পড়ি। মনে আছে, ওই ব্যাটটা দিয়ে একটা ফিফটিও করেছিলাম।

প্রথম ম্যান অব দ্য ম্যাচ
২০০০ সালে নির্মাণ স্কুল ক্রিকেটে ময়মনসিংহ জিলা স্কুল দলের হয়ে একটা ম্যাচে অপরাজিত ২৬ রান করি, ১৮ রানে নিয়েছিলাম ২ উইকেট।

প্রথম সেঞ্চুরি
অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলের হয়ে বিকেএসপির বিপক্ষে প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে ৭৯ বলে ১০৩ রান করেছিলাম। বিকেএসপিতে হয়েছিল ম্যাচটা।

খেলে প্রথম আয়
নির্মাণ স্কুল ক্রিকেটে ম্যান অব দ্য ম্যাচ হয়ে দুই হাজার টাকা পেয়েছিলাম। পরের দিন সকালে স্কুলের বন্ধুদের খাওয়াই। বাকি টাকা দিয়ে সম্ভবত এক জোড়া কেডস কিনেছিলাম।

প্রথম বিদেশ সফর
অনূর্ধ্ব-১৫ দলের হয়ে মালয়েশিয়া সফর। এসএসসি পরীক্ষার পর পর আম্মুকে বলছিলাম, চলো, কোথাও ঘুরে আসি। এর মধ্যেই ট্রায়ালে অংশ নিয়ে অনূর্ধ্ব-১৫ দলে সুযোগ পেয়ে যাই। সফরটাও কেটেছিল খুব ভালো। ছয় ম্যাচের তিনটিতেই আমি ম্যান অব দ্য ম্যাচ।

 সাক্ষাৎকার নিয়েছেন: তারেক মাহমুদ
- PA
Old June 6, 2011, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I like this guy.He is improving slowly and steadily.He is a good fighter.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 6, 2011, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ now if he clicks at no. 4, he's glued a spot in the national team
Old June 6, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

He's better than given credit for.
Old June 7, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ i know. i hate the way shakib underbowls him ALL THE TIME!!!