facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 9, 2010, 05:42 PM
Street Cricketer

Default my two drops

In my opinion bangladeshi players should stay away from IPL. I know it is a lot of money. But the thing is Mashrafe is the best bowler of bangladesh. And first when he joined kolkata, shahrukh said, something about mashrafe one of the special player of kolkata knights. and what happen last time, he doesn't get any chance and that lowered his self-esteem. finally when he got a chance, he gave more run that made the opposite team win from almost winner kolkata. its nothing. it shows that because he didn't get chance his confidence went down that is why he performed poorly. Take this word from me, any player now, if they get into ipl they will not be chosen to play for the team. What will happen then? Our players quality will go down with bangladesh's future in cricket. better bangladeshi players should stay in bangladesh and try to improve or take to the next level bangladeshi domestic leagues.if necessary bring players to bangladesh and compete. if ranatunga can come to play bangladesh when bd wasn't even a test team, i am pretty sure a lot of players will come.

Old April 9, 2010, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I doubt there are many players from foreign countries who would want to play in our domestic system....

As for that KKR thingy, he was probably overhyped going in due to that huge bid. And his struggles are more due to physical fitness methinks, rather than not playing for KKR.
Old April 9, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I doubt there are many players from foreign countries who would want to play in our domestic system....
If you are ready to pay, anyone will come.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:50 PM
Street Cricketer

yes i agree to you both. but when someone doesn't get chance and they get frustrated, it is hard to concentrate.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Good points by Ali Max bhai!! I agree with you Akib bhai on Mash's health, fitness issue and as well as with Banfan bhai, yes if I can pay enough money I can get the whole South African and Australian teams to come play against China in the mountains of Bhutan.
Old April 9, 2010, 08:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_Max
In my opinion bangladeshi players should stay away from IPL.
LOL! stay away? No 1 even want our players. There was only 1 player on the list, and that was Shakib, our best player, and even he didnt get picked ..so
Old April 9, 2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
LOL! stay away? No 1 even want our players. There was only 1 player on the list, and that was Shakib, our best player, and even he didnt get picked ..so
So?!
They (IPL) will beg TI to play for their teams; Ice Man will be a Million Dollar Tiger next year...
Old April 9, 2010, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Becos of lower self esteem not play...sound bad excuse..
Old April 11, 2010, 01:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_Max
In my opinion bangladeshi players should stay away from IPL. I know it is a lot of money. But the thing is Mashrafe is the best bowler of bangladesh. And first when he joined kolkata, shahrukh said, something about mashrafe one of the special player of kolkata knights. and what happen last time, he doesn't get any chance and that lowered his self-esteem. finally when he got a chance, he gave more run that made the opposite team win from almost winner kolkata. its nothing. it shows that because he didn't get chance his confidence went down that is why he performed poorly. Take this word from me, any player now, if they get into ipl they will not be chosen to play for the team. What will happen then? Our players quality will go down with bangladesh's future in cricket. better bangladeshi players should stay in bangladesh and try to improve or take to the next level bangladeshi domestic leagues.if necessary bring players to bangladesh and compete. if ranatunga can come to play bangladesh when bd wasn't even a test team, i am pretty sure a lot of players will come.
The best suggestion imo also..
Old April 11, 2010, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

IPL right now is probably the best t20 league in the world. Joining this league will do a lot of good things for our players. Not playing that many matches won't harm them because they will still be practicing alongside some of the very best. Practice is very important when it comes to developing a players skills and when that practice is against players like tendulkar, ganguly, hayden, warne etc. You are bound to get better. Mashrafe's self-esteem did not take a hit, as far as I know he still is determined to do better and is still the best pacer we have. Plus mashrafe was bounch to get benched, to be honest he was only taken to kkr as a bait for a bigger a fan base and since that didn't work anymore, they waived him.
Old April 11, 2010, 01:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
IPL right now is probably the best t20 league in the world. Joining this league will do a lot of good things for our players. Not playing that many matches won't harm them because they will still be practicing alongside some of the very best. Practice is very important when it comes to developing a players skills and when that practice is against players like tendulkar, ganguly, hayden, warne etc. You are bound to get better. Mashrafe's self-esteem did not take a hit, as far as I know he still is determined to do better and is still the best pacer we have. Plus mashrafe was bounch to get benched, to be honest he was only taken to kkr as a bait for a bigger a fan base and since that didn't work anymore, they waived him.
Agree with that, as IPL team will have much better facilities for our players to practice...
Old April 11, 2010, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Don t be worry shakib and tamim will surely get their chance they are still young and anyone hereDon t want shakib to become next ishant sharma or tamim to become next ashraful

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 11, 2010, 06:10 PM
Street Cricketer

practicing and actually playing are totally different thing
Old April 11, 2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

I don't really want to see any of our players in the IPL, they will embarass us. Mash amader man ijjot shob dubay dilo, shakib niye amra gorbo korti pari, jodi ekta faltu Indian batsman Shakib er ek over ee 20+ run ne amader mukh shesh. I am happy to see our players participating in NCL and glad that Shakib wasn't picked.
Old April 11, 2010, 08:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Very well said.
Old April 11, 2010, 08:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
I don't really want to see any of our players in the IPL, they will embarass us. Mash amader man ijjot shob dubay dilo, shakib niye amra gorbo korti pari, jodi ekta faltu Indian batsman Shakib er ek over ee 20+ run ne amader mukh shesh. I am happy to see our players participating in NCL and glad that Shakib wasn't picked.
Don't under estimate Shakib. These days Spinners are deciding factors for winning IPL3 matches. Shakib could well be the top wkt takers. Only time will tell. He will get the much needed support from excellent fielding and wkt keeping of his IPL team, if chosen.
Old April 11, 2010, 09:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
IPL is the best ???

in marketing and popularity and non cricketing affairs, yes .

but cricketing , none of their 3 teams reached the semifinals in the CL t20.

because i think indias 2nd string batsmen and bowlers are way worse than the aus, eng, or SA 2nd sting bowlers and batters
Old April 12, 2010, 10:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

Frankly, Who will pick our player in IPL? i doubt, not even if they can play 8 foreign player a team. And mashrafe is probably going to give 20/30 run in a over any day with any reputed team. He plays intl cricket because all other pacers of our country are crap.
Old April 12, 2010, 10:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

the quality of cricket in the ipl is not a high standard,bcos there is only four oseas players per side,and perhaps the indians like their own conditions better,why not play the ipl in aus ,in the champions league it's not going to be a indian team winning it,look at trinidad for instance,and look out for guyana
Old April 12, 2010, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

@ Dhrubo
You can read all the cricketing books, spend hours in the nets, talk to your coaches.....even in your sleep, but you only learn when you are out there in the middle.
And as O_S bhai said, IPL is not the highest quality of cricket. I am unsure about the county T20 comp or the south african/kiwi T20s, but I have seen the Big Bash[Aus] and it is much better than IPL, BigBash has better players and the game's a lot faster. Why IPL is not the best league was best described in a competition called champions league.
Old April 12, 2010, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiriket
Frankly, Who will pick our player in IPL? i doubt, not even if they can play 8 foreign player a team. And mashrafe is probably going to give 20/30 run in a over any day with any reputed team. He plays intl cricket because all other pacers of our country are crap.
Tamim is currently one of the world's best opener : look his stat in 2010 he is impressive

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)