facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 30, 2012, 03:11 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Duro miya, I thought I would go to Essex and get myself an Essex jersey/jumper to add to my Worcs jersey and jumper

Old May 30, 2012, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
^^^ Me bherry bherry hapy....me go and chee chakib flay kirket por echex.
He is not playing for Essex actually ..BCB don't want to release him...

oh well I love to see him playing for national team anyway

Liked how he mentioned the lack of test matches in FTP !!

But I'm little worried about his continuous cricket.. forget about the last 4 years, since December he actually didn't get a straight 10 days break..
Old May 30, 2012, 03:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Duro miya, I thought I would go to Essex and get myself an Essex jersey/jumper to add to my Worcs jersey and jumper
for a second I thought like that until I saw "BCB did not give him no objection certificate...... :sad:
Old May 30, 2012, 03:18 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
He is not playing for Essex actually ..BCB don't want to release him...

oh well I love to see him playing for national team anyway

Liked how he mentioned the lack of test matches in FTP !!

But I'm little worried about his continuous cricket.. forget about the last 4 years, since December he actually didn't get a straight 10 days break..
I think the stress on the body is different too. In T20, it's all concentrated - Shakib has to bowl 4 overs, field and bat >15 overs (given the fact that we have a fragile top order) all in 3 hours. In a Test, he may have more of a gap between bowling and batting but he still has to be fit enough to bowl/bat all day! With the dearth of first-class and Test cricket, I'm not sure if he'll be prepared for that...(the same applies to the rest of the team even more)
Old May 30, 2012, 03:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Sakib-"We [the Bangladesh team] have forgotten what a Test is! I don't think about it anymore..."

That gives me tension.
Old May 30, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Prothom Alo
Old May 30, 2012, 04:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Sakib-"We [the Bangladesh team] have forgotten what a Test is! I don't think about it anymore..."

That gives me tension.
agree with shakib with my life.....forget test....who needs that crap
Old May 30, 2012, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
agree with shakib with my life.....forget test....who needs that crap
Shakib didn't mean that playing test gives him tension rather the lack of it frustrates him..So he doesn't want to think about it .. He left it to the board !!
Old May 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

That gives me tension.
Another words huge batting collapse and huge innings defeat will welcome us back to test cricket whenever we do play test again. I hope I'm wrong.

is it just me or shakibs saying 'mes' instead of match ? 'Ami tow bhabsi tamim onek mes khelbe'.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Shame on BCB for not giving him NOC for Twenty20 in England.. It was better for him to play in England Twenty20 rather than unofficial T20 in Zimbabwe
Old May 30, 2012, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

There should be a "Other PL" section, specially with soooo many PL going around

Anyways here is the official PPL promo.. Look they have added Shakib's names as a star foreign players.. After all those Pak series drama will they invite any of our players??? I don't think so...

Last edited by oronnya; May 30, 2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old May 30, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

That gives me tension.
then play FC atleast and score a triple, why don't you!
Old May 30, 2012, 11:48 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Shame on BCB for not giving him NOC for Twenty20 in England.. It was better for him to play in England Twenty20 rather than unofficial T20 in Zimbabwe
Exactly. Not only would he get to play T20's in England but FC cricket too!

BCB should think rationally. Poor.
Old May 31, 2012, 03:39 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Seems like finally shakib getting the attention that he suppose to get..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 31, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

dhur,enough OF THIS IPL hungama.
eibar desh take jita bhaaaai... and I know that's how Sak thinks.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:08 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I would revisit post # 5434 of this shuta :-)
Old May 31, 2012, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Good to see PPL adding Shakib in the promo video
Old May 31, 2012, 09:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Its good decision to play for BD rather County specially when new coach is taking the charge .
Old May 31, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Champs and the card
Roshmila Bhattacharya, Hindustan Times

Two days before IPL Season 5 flagged off, Matrix launched a new TV commercial in association with the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). The ad featured Shah Rukh Khan with all-rounders Brett Lee, Brendon McCullum and Yusuf Pathan making a case for the Matrix forex card and Juhi Chawla, the judge,

finally ruling in its favour. “Shah Rukh was confident that this season his knights would ride away with the trophy,” says Kabir Sadanand, director, Frog Unlimited. “KKR doesn’t need a mentor, they have one in their franchise owner.”

He’s also all praise for Juhi, who despite the last-minute call, went out of her way to make the ad happen. The first of the commercials in Matrix’s ‘New Dawn, New Knights’ series, the ad recreated the magic of the SRK-Juhi jodi (pair) and was aired as a sequel to an earlier ad. It continued with an abbreviated version that promised to make international travel easier.

Breaking the shackles of cash and crossing borders, Kabir then filmed another ad for Matrix Sim card featuring Brett, Yusuf and all-rounder Shakib al Hasan, two days before KKR defeated Delhi Daredevils in an all-important match. “Shakib is really big in Bangladesh and we thought the product could benefit from him and the KKR connect,” he reasons.

Now that KKR has finally lived up to its promise, Kabir is planning a Champions Edition campaign: “Since many of the overseas players have gone back, we’ll take snippets from all the Matrix ads we’ve shot featuring KKR and maybe get SRK to anchor it, he’s our Badshah after all.”

Yusuf pathan
You get what you see, there’s nothing fake about this giant all-rounder, whose right arm off breaks are as lethal as his towering sixes. He’s not an actor or a party person but a cricketer who is always aiming to perform.

Shakib al Hasan
The Bangladeshi batsman-cum-left arm orthodox bowler was like a wide-eyed child. I think Shakib has done a Coke ad before but this campaign was his big break and he wouldn’t leave the sets even for a minute to rest. He was too awed by the elaborate camera set-up.

Brett Lee
The Aussie all-rounder is a born athelete and actor. He will come to a shoot with his guitar and strum it between shots or play pranks on his co-stars. Brimming with energy, the speedster is fun, both on field and off it too!

Brendon McCullum
This New Zealand batsman-wicket-keeper and bowler keeps reminding me that just because he has been rubbing shoulders with Shah Rukh Khan doesn’t mean he is an actor too. Initially Brendon is very reserved but once he opens up he cracks great jokes!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entert...e1-862811.aspx

Last edited by oronnya; May 31, 2012 at 12:01 PM..
Old May 31, 2012, 02:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Old May 31, 2012, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Gambhir in this video talks about Shakib's small but important contribution in the final!

http://cricketnext.in.com/live/news/.../66157-13.html
Old June 1, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Legend

From Joy Bhattacharjya's blog :

What a season! I am still pinching myself. And if I have been a bit late with this one, this is the season for forgiveness.

May 27th Windsor Room, Taj Coromandel. The team meeting starts in the normal format with coach Trevor asking everyone to just concentrate on each ball and the process – and not the result. Gautam
follows that with an inspired speech where he asks every player to stand beside, and if necessary, in front of his teammates to support and protect him. And then it’s Shahrukh’s turn. A beautiful video, voiced by him with wishes from all the players and staff’s families. It meant a lot of hard work to put it together, but the effect is magical.

Once we are in the ground, we are trying to keep things as low key and normal. The players are already pumped up. Now they just need to keep calm and stay in control. As Chennai hammer 190, the single thought in everybody’s mind is that we didn’t bowl that badly. If Chennai can hit our attack so hard, surely we have a chance with theirs.

Shakib comes straight up to me and whispers that we are winning it. Still don’t know where he got his confidence from!

When Bisla walks in, I remember an incident from the day before. I am probably the worst dressed among all the KKR staff – and my footwear is normally a disgrace. Bisla had dragged me off to a showroom to pick up new sneakers, which he refused to let me pay for. After saying thanks, I remember telling him that good things happen to good people. Well, they do!

The winning runs are a blur – as we run on to the ground I remember screaming and then going completely speechless. And then Mathew Joy, Vinita Bangard, and Abhishek Singh pull out 500 t-shirts with the champion’s logo. They had got these printed three days ago, talk about confidence in the team. Our marketing and sponsorship team rocks!

The last couple of days have been out of this world, with the road journey in Kolkata and the celebration on the Eden Gardens being something that we were privileged to be part off – once in a life time moments. Kolkata is simply incredible that way. No other city can come close to their warmth and passion. I remember the response Gautam got for saying “ami Kolkatar chhele” – literally ‘I am a son of Kolkata’.

It’s been a journey to remember for all of us, and we will be back together in just a few months when the Knights get together to challenge for the Champions League title. Wish us luck – and till then, goodbye!

http://kkr.in/blog/what-a-season.aspx

Shakib
Old June 1, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Shakib you legend.
Old June 1, 2012, 07:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Well that proves why Shakib is Shakib. He's gonna back down from a fight and never gives up hope. The guy is a winner. This run with KKR hopefully has improved his match winning abilities even more.
Old June 1, 2012, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Essex suffer from Shakib Al Hasan U-turn

Essex's problems with overseas players have continued after they missed out on Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.

Head coach Paul Grayson has said a deal had been struck with Shakib, the world's top one-day all-rounder.

But Bangladesh have opted to not release their former captain, preferring to take him on the upcoming tours of Zimbabwe and South Africa.

Read more