facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 21, 2011, 03:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Do we have the luxury to ignore Nazmul who is bowling good over and over?

Most of the times he gives us early breakthrough...bowls in a good line and length..very very accurate almost always and he proved that you don't need to be pacy to trouble the batsman.

But why? time and time again he gets dropped for less effective bowlers like Shahadat, Shafiul or Robiul...

how long will the selectors or management keep ignoring him...they ignored him for 7 yrs..

will they ignore him after this good performance in the next series...do we have the luxury to ignore a great bowler like Nazmul?

Old December 21, 2011, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Not a "great" bowler, but definitely gets the nod ahead of Shafiul, more so in ODIs at home. Never understood why they always sit him out.

Btw, Ian mentioned that he had a well disguised slower one, but all of the slower ones I've seen from him in this Test were misdirected and easy to detect. He has great control over his L&L though, and being able to move it both ways ever so slightly as to deceive the batsman and procure an edge is a huge bonus.
Old December 21, 2011, 04:07 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

He is must for t20 and odi and may be even test.

Ideal pace attack against Pak, our next full series(after asia cup). We seriously should play 3 seamer from now on.

Odi:
In the playing XI:Rubel, Mash, Nazmul
Reserve: Shafi and Reza.

Test:
In the playing XI: Rubel, Shafi, maybe Nazmul or a new comer.
Bench:new comer/Nazmul and Mash as our bowling assistant coach and let him play if if 2 or more pacer gets injured from playing XI.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 21, 2011, 04:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Not a "great" bowler, but definitely gets the nod ahead of Shafiul, more so in ODIs at home. Never understood why they always sit him out.

Btw, Ian mentioned that he had a well disguised slower one, but all of the slower ones I've seen from him in this Test were misdirected and easy to detect. He has great control over his L&L though, and being able to move it both ways ever so slightly as to deceive the batsman and procure an edge is a huge bonus.
I was skeptical at first of using the term "great"...then i thought about the current lot of our fast bowlers and nazmul's accuracy, Line nd Length and i thought indeed he is the great one...
Old December 21, 2011, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Nazmul proved his case!
Old December 21, 2011, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

At the current point in time he is the best we got, so why play someone else. He needs to be in the team.
Old December 21, 2011, 05:49 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

I agree he should stay in the team

Picked up most wickets for fast bowler and had the best economy rate

Shahadat was a joke and Robiul didnt fare much better

Selectors pick others ahead of Nazmul because they have a bit more pace but what they dont realise is power is NOTHING without control
Old December 21, 2011, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Robiul sure has an Aussie-cricketer-from-the-90s-like gut. At least some of the coaching seems to be getting through.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

so waht does he actually do different than Rajib & Robiul? anyone can analyze a bit more, I missed most of our bowling.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
so waht does he actually do different than Rajib & Robiul? anyone can analyze a bit more, I missed most of our bowling.
he got us early breakthroughs in both innings...he troubled the Pakistani batsman with accuracy and were unlucky not to get more wickets.

Shahadat was very expensive.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

He did good in the 2nd test, but I dont see him as one of our pace attack. His domestic record is good but not the best among our pacers. We must find/coach good fast bowler if we want to play competitive matches. Masrafi is almost gone. Shafiul is very good, but hasn't done anyting spectacular. Shahadat is out of form for ever, so we really need good pacers.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

He is one of the few of the lot who can actually swing the bowl. I heard people say Shafiul does that too but I didn't see it from Shafiul on a constant basis. I would want him to be a little more accurate with his line and length and without a doubt he has the potential to go a long way. He is a must for ODis from here on.