facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 21, 2016, 06:57 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

he is nowhere near fizz, but ahead of shakib in terms of bowling when shak started..but so was gazi

Old October 21, 2016, 07:03 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
he is nowhere near fizz, but ahead of shakib in terms of bowling when shak started..but so was gazi
Gazi was a chucker nd has poor attitude which is not the case with Miraz
Old October 21, 2016, 07:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
are u 100% sure he wont be called?, he is an offspiner and he is not from India
Old October 21, 2016, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Miraz's action looks clean and people on other forum also mentioned that his action looks clean. Infact, the straightening of the arm is probably around 5 degrees at most.
Old October 21, 2016, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
are u 100% sure he wont be called?, he is an offspiner and he is not from India
Haha, maybe if Papon agrees not to send Fizz to IPL
Old October 21, 2016, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
But the second point was very true. There was a story during Hathurusinghas early days when he had asked Gazi to do some drills in the net, which he didnt and then lets say was not so honest about it. The coach caught him read handed and gave him an earful.

I think all these kids who will come from the Under 19 setup will be much more disciplined, hard working. The coaching standards are extremely high and demanding. So slightly unfair to compare our new find to the likes of Sunny's and Gazis
Old October 21, 2016, 09:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
But the second point was very true. There was a story during Hathurusinghas early days when he had asked Gazi to do some drills in the net, which he didnt and then lets say was not so honest about it. The coach caught him read handed and gave him an earful.

I think all these kids who will come from the Under 19 setup will be much more disciplined, hard working. The coaching standards are extremely high and demanding. So slightly unfair to compare our new find to the likes of Sunny's and Gazis
You are absolutely spot on about the U-19 setup. One of the main reasons why so many of Bangladesh U-19 stars fade away after a couple of Stellar seasons is that during U-19 they received many technical tips, coaching etc...but after U-19 most of them are stuck with domestics, lack of a proper mentor to guide them, easily self-satisfied with status quo etc...barely A team and some of them forget what they have been taught, I think Shakib, Tamim and Rahim are the only exceptions to this.

Too many examples to quote, unfortunately.
Old October 21, 2016, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
You are absolutely spot on about the U-19 setup. One of the main reasons why so many of Bangladesh U-19 stars fade away after a couple of Stellar seasons is that during U-19 they received many technical tips, coaching etc...but after U-19 most of them are stuck with domestics, lack of a proper mentor to guide them, easily self-satisfied with status quo etc...barely A team and some of them forget what they have been taught, I think Shakib, Tamim and Rahim are the only exceptions to this.

Too many examples to quote, unfortunately.
Among these 3, Shakib, Tamim and Rahim, only Shakib set the world on fire. Rahim and Tamim had their technical flaws and didn't perform too well. As they played more matches, they got more mature. At that point of time, we had no backups. Who would replace Mushy or Tamim?

The difference between the players of the past and the current set of players is that, currently, the level of coaching is better, and the domestic system has become more competitive. Miraz, Shanto, Pinak, Saif, all have been playing mainstream domestic cricket for Bangladesh. Miraz, Shanto, Pinak, Saifuddin, Adul Halim are now going to be part of the BPL. Also, the ambition levels are higher.

Watch this video of Miraz:

The video is long so I am just going to sum some of the views shared by Miraz

" - I am focusing more on my bowling than batting. I think the bowling comes more naturally to me"

"To be successful in higher level, you need to work much harder than you have worked in U-19 level. Also, you cannot be satisfied with ordinary performance"

Focus upon the the 2nd statement. This is an 18 year old kid who is the son of a rickshaw-puller. And he is making such mature comments which most of us, hailing from very well to do family wouldn't even think about at such an age.
Old October 21, 2016, 09:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Not always true. Nasir was a star graduate from U/19 program yet Hathuru dislikes him for his indiscipline.

In the current batch, coaches are struggling to enforce a fitness regime on Pinak.
Old October 21, 2016, 09:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Not always true. Nasir was a star graduate from U/19 program yet Hathuru dislikes him for his indiscipline.

In the current batch, coaches are struggling to enforce a fitness regime on Pinak.
Was nasir a under 19 guy?, I am not sure..when he burst into our cricket I heard that he gave up BKSP for a contract with abahoni....I could be wrong
Old October 21, 2016, 09:49 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ Nasir was in 2008 U/19 teams. Momin once talked about how Nasir was the star student in BKSP.

Don't know about his leaving BKSP early. I assumed he is an age cheater thus was not included in 2010 team (he certainly looks older than Sabbir-Momin from 2010 batch).
Old October 21, 2016, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Mehedi was thw guy we missed during the odis. Him bowling to lefties of Englands would have taken many wickets. Stokes in first odi had many lifes but against Mehedis spin he would peharps gone earlier. Plus I reckon Mehedi at 8 would have handled the collapse of first odi better. I saw him bat U19 wc under pressure looks a good headed cricketer, knows how to bat whatever the situation.
Old October 21, 2016, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen

Well sometimes we the fans, the media make such heroes and celebrities out of our cricketers that they cant handle the fame and go astray. Nasir Hossain could be a clear example-as someone who spends a lot more time on his own commercial projects than improving skills. When Nasir started he was one of the fittest and most athletic players in the team. This July when they did the test he was in the bottom, maybe above Jubair. Of course one has every right to do what they want, but it comes at an opportunity cost-which Mr Nasir is facing now.

Television shows, photoshoots/video, product launch, all these are not unusual for some of our cricketers even the night before a game. Thankfully, BCB has put in a lot more restriction in the last couple of years, but of course BCB cant control what happens when there are no series or competitions. In this time, some like Riyad and Mushfiq continue to hit the nets work hard, while others do photoshoots for fashion brands and launch perfumes. I think thats the situation here.
Old October 31, 2016, 05:04 AM
Cricket Legend

I nominate MHRAM as the new chief selector

Miraz is one heck of a find for Bangladeshi cricket