facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 21, 2005, 03:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Kibria\'s killers finally caught?

10 BNP men charged with killing Kibria

The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) yesterday pressed charges against 10 BNP leaders and workers for their alleged role in the grisly grenade attack on an Awami League rally in Habiganj on January 27.

The accused are Habiganj district BNP Vice-president AKM Abdul Quaiyum, Ayat Ali, Kajal Mia, Selim Ahmed, Tajul Islam, Shahed Ali, Jainal Abedin Jalal, Jamir Ali, Jainal Abedin Mumin and Muhibur Rahman.

Police have arrested eight of them while the other two -- Kajal Mia and Muhibur Rahman -- are on the run.

Quaiyum, also president of Zia Gabeshana Parishad (Zia Research Council), planned the attack and finalised it at a meeting with the accused, except Jamir and Mumin, at his Habiganj house a few days before Eid-ul-Azha, the IO told The Daily Star over phone.

Mumin, Lashkarpur union ward 2 BNP secretary, Jamir Ali, union BNP president, and Jalal, a BNP activist, allegedly executed the plan. Mumin threw the grenade at the rally of Kibria at Baidder Bazar Government Primary School in Lashkarpur.

According to the chargesheet, Quaiyum brought a grenade before Eid-ul-Azha and gave it to Jalal a day after the Eid. But Jalal declined to carry out the attack, as he was a known face in the locality. Then they asked Jamir to find a 'trusted' person for perpetrating the attack and Jamir hired Mumin pledging to give him Tk 50,000.

Jalal handed the grenade over to Mumin immediately before the attack and instructed him on how to throw it, investigator Munshi Atiq told The Daily Star after submitting the chargesheet yesterday evening.

After throwing the grenade, Mumin melted in the crowd and left the scene hurriedly along with Jalal.

Two days later, Mumin and Jalal met Jamir and claimed the pledged money. Jamir told Mumin that the payment would be made later as Quaiyum had not given the money yet.

Detectives and Rab arrested Mumin, also a postman at Baidder Bazar Post Office, six days after the incident.

MOTIVE
The IO mentioned that Quaiyum, being an ambitious leader of ruling BNP, had planned to kill Kibria, local lawmaker, two years ago to secure a strong position in the local politics as he had a plan to contest parliamentary elections.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/03/21/d5032101011.htm

Old March 21, 2005, 12:27 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

if they gets proper judgement (prove that they are really guilty and get punished accordingly and failry), within BNP's era, that would be something really different, and good ofcourse.
i'm worndering to myself, can i be that optimistic?
Old March 21, 2005, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Who is Kibria?????
Old March 21, 2005, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
hah...forget it!
Old March 21, 2005, 05:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by aka
Who is Kibria?????
Sleep, sleep, sleep Rip Van Winkle.
Old March 21, 2005, 06:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
hah...forget it!
Actually, I was wondering if I should take this story at face value or not. Macabre farce upon macabre farces make me smell a rat here. Who knows what lies beneath the glossy venear of perceived thruth.

Edited on, March 22, 2005, 5:52 AM GMT, by couger.
Old March 21, 2005, 10:07 PM
Test Cricketer

hhehehe
Old March 21, 2005, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

i think i posted somewhere else and we'll hear more soon enough, but odds are that these 10 low level operatives are just being sacrificed. And then again, it's doubtful there will be a trial and conviction anytime soon. Of course they could just be executed crossfire style. I suspect they may try to break out of jail next weekend....
Old March 21, 2005, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
i think i posted somewhere else and we'll hear more soon enough, but odds are that these 10 low level operatives are just being sacrificed. And then again, it's doubtful there will be a trial and conviction anytime soon. Of course they could just be executed crossfire style. I suspect they may try to break out of jail next weekend....
The sad truth is that you are probably right.