facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 18, 2005, 01:47 PM
Banned

Default Summer Vacation

Something that has been on my mind lately. Any recommendations....

1. Destination
2. Things to do their
3. Exactly where their
4. Hotels
5. 5 day $$ cost
5. Details

I know some of you have mentioned Hawaii before. So please share your experiences.

Places that come to mind are,

1. Las Vegas
2. Florida
3. Europe
4. A Hawaii island
5. A Carribean island
6. A South Pacific atoll
7. Cruise
8. Maldives
9. Egypt
10. African Safari
11. Waterfalls visit (Victoria, Angel, Niagra)
12. Caspian
13. Meditteranean
14. Bangladesh
15. Cricket at Lords
16. NY, home of Arnab
17. England, home of Shams
18. Canada
19. Australia, home of HFan
20. Umrah in Mecca
21. Snan in the Ganges
22. India
23. Pacific NorthWest
24. California

....never realized the world was that big.

Can't wait to hear from you guys.

Old March 18, 2005, 01:51 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

how about working double shift since you don't have class anymore? oops, forgot, u don't go to school..... never mind then.
Old March 18, 2005, 01:54 PM
Banned

Trust me my friend, I've done my time. Its time I realized my dreams.

I'm pretty much done with Florida and the USA (minus Las Vegas) though (Taking advantage of business trips, hehe).
Old March 18, 2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i spent four years in hawaii - from the age of one to five (dad's phd). although i don't remember much, i know Honululu's an awesome place owing to the video tapes that my parents brought back. the weather's beautiful - breezy and sunny at the same time, the beaches are great and the place is rich in cultural heritage. it's a bit expensive though - for travelling and shor term living that is.

i see you mentioned canada...canaday eshe ki korben bhai? i don't think there's much here...other than the niagara falls, a couple of places in toronto, the parliament buildings in ottawa, some stuff in montreal and of course the all-year-round-t-shirt-weather vancouver (gee that's a lot actually)

how about bangladesh? cheapest place to go
Old March 18, 2005, 02:33 PM
Banned

Hey thanks bhai. Was dad at Bringham Young ? Was in Dhaka last year. Just needed to put it in their so that folks would not.....
Old March 18, 2005, 03:01 PM
Administrator

How about San Diego, home of Zunaid?
Old March 18, 2005, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
Hey thanks bhai. Was dad at Bringham Young ? Was in Dhaka last year. Just needed to put it in their so that folks would not.....

Dad was in University of Hawaii
Old March 18, 2005, 03:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

how about gorgeous northern california-san francisco bay area. I love the weather here. plenty of places to go within 3-4 years or even 1-2 hours.

Lake tahoe, Yosemeite, Shasta Lake, Leggete, Half moon bay, santa cruz, Reno, san francisco bay, golden gate, Moneterey etc. Southern cal also has plenty to see including san diego

Edited on, March 18, 2005, 8:13 PM GMT, by al.
Old March 18, 2005, 03:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

eh? another bay area person? Yeah, northern cali is boatloads of fun.
Old March 18, 2005, 03:58 PM
Banned

Yeah, Cali rocks, especially Sunny Diego, home of bro Z !

You all rock too! Al's the man.
Old March 18, 2005, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Pundit
-go to Florida or a cruise from florida to a caribbean destination.
Old March 18, 2005, 07:41 PM
Banned

Florida has become to me what Bankok is to the wealthy in BD. I am often down their on either short or extended business (I mean company) trips. Until 2001 I had never been their. Since then, its been almost 20 times..Ft. Ldale, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Palm Beach, Keys....

Really fun place. Unless I'm not cooped inside the Moto labs, its drive drive and drive. Love Orlando for the rides, FLL for the Ocean drive, Miami for the clubs, Tampa for Clearwater beach...ok I'm beginning to sound obnoxious.

But I've never taken a cruise from their. We once went whale watching off the Eastern Seaboard. Man, that got us really bored.

But cool ideas. Keep 'em comin.' If not me, someone else may benefit.
Old March 18, 2005, 09:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Try Grand Canyon. You can camp out there for 10 bucka a night 0.75 for a shower and all the hiking you can manage. Try this, its the best.
Old March 19, 2005, 12:06 AM
Test Cricketer

It really depends on a few things. How much time do you have? Do you want a leisurely holiday or an action packed one? Do you like natural scenic beauty or do you want to experience different cultures?

If you ONLY have five days to spare, then definitely cross out Australia, Europe, Africa & Asia. If you want to have a leisurely holiday cross those out too. In general I HIGHLY recommend Paris to everyone (cliche or whatever, it is the best city in the world imo), but Europe in summer is terrible. Hordes of braindead Yank/Jap snap-shot tourists make the experience quite unbearable. I went there in late Sept, and had the worst time in Versailles. It would be OK if these people were actually interested in the history, but they're not; they just go there to take pictures of themselves in front of famous things to show their family and friends.

If I had 5 days to spare and lived in the US, I'd probably just go to Canada and chill out.
Old March 19, 2005, 12:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

if you are into history. ME, central asia and mediterrian regions can be attractive. offcourse, you need to avoid the danger areas and arrange enough time. You can start with turkey, cyprus or iran. Some of the central asian history, we can relate to also

Edited on, March 19, 2005, 5:32 PM GMT, by al.
Old March 19, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

go to dubai, its truly amazin
Old March 19, 2005, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by couger
Try Grand Canyon. You can camp out there for 10 bucka a night 0.75 for a shower and all the hiking you can manage. Try this, its the best.
Great Location!!
I been there in December...not a good time to go, but still I was amazed. I'll certainly go there during summer in future.

I am planning for Rocky Mountain during the Memorial Day weekend. You can think about that too.
Old March 19, 2005, 08:26 PM
Banned

Europe is a great idea, Fab. I've only been to England and Vienna, hence most places are yet to be explored. How is Bavaria ? We've kinda already decided that we'll take the whole Euro Rail tour when we're a little older. But I remember one thing, London rocks ! Way way more cosmopolitan relative to anything here in the USA.

Grand Canyon. Now that's an idea. I just love the South Western cultural mosaic.

Hey Babubangla, guess where I was sent to from work this January - Yeah, Denver. But heck, we arrived a few days earlier and drove further West to Vale. Now that's fitting, the Rockies really rock. We cannot ski, so our fun was restricted to snow boarding and tubing. Plus, I'm a photographer, so that kept me busy as well.
Old March 19, 2005, 08:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

I was about to recommend Europe. It I was to travel that's where I'd go. The question is where to go? The Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy region would be your best bet. The women in the Czech Republic are great though if that's what you're into
Old March 20, 2005, 03:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Definitely cricket at lords this summer. Take the Euro trip next summer - once you hit Germany tell your wife we are home hunny bunny!!
Old March 20, 2005, 08:48 PM
Banned

Swell ideas, HFan. I hear the Serbian women are a piece of art as well....but no, I'm not into that kinda thing....anymore.

Hey, how about learning how to surf on Bondi beach ?

Orpheus, they have bunnies in Germany ?
Old March 20, 2005, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Yeah come to Europe man

Lot of places to go. As Fab said, Paris is amazing! Rome is one of my favourite cities in the world as well. Prague too actually, gorgeous place! I would say go to Italy for 10 days if you can get that much time off and see as much as you can, from Venice, Florence and Sienna in the north down through Rome to Naples and the Italian Riviera. The other part of the world that I would love to go to is South America. Might want to consider Brazil or Argentina as well, or even Peru, land of the Incas.
Old March 20, 2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

Very interesting ideas, Sham. Infact, my dad's been bugging me for years for a trip to mucchu-picchuu.

Unfortunately, here in the US, I am shackled by the full force of capitalism and my ever increasing personal ambitions. Sigh.

I wish a vacation was more than just about downloading and dumping all the stress.

Haha, speking about lap-top vacations. Those freaks.

YAMEEN, I've been to Dubai. But for a full day only. I'm not sure I have enough money to get into a gold buying frenzy....for my better half.
Old March 20, 2005, 10:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
Hey, how about learning how to surf on Bondi beach ?
No way, Bondi is not the place to learn how to surf. Way too crowded and the surf's not that good. Best places to learn how to surf are the beaches of northern NSW e.g. Byron Bay or the beaches of QLD. Actually, you wouldn't like Byron Bay, it is the pot smoking hippy capital of AU Incidentally, we're going to Byron Bay next week for the East Coast Blues and Roots Festival which will have REM playing (apparently they are blues and roots ).

New Zealand looks like a very nice place; any plans to go there? Would be a photographer's haven I should imagine. We're planning to go there in September. But next month we're heading up to Cairns to check out the Great Barrier Reef (before it totally loses it's beauty)...
Old March 20, 2005, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

I woudn't pretend to offer any kind of advice to the learned and wise, but this particular destination stood out from the original list of options:

21. Snan in the Ganges

I think this definitely is worth looking into for anyone looking to reform themselves. The Gangar jol is relatively cleaner at this time of the year. And one can join the devotees on the banks for various body and mind cleansing yoga movements. Life is good on the banks of the river Ganges.