facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2008, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Default International Cricket News Sources

International news

Cricinfo
Cricinfo Blogs

British news

BBC
The Times
Independent
Telegraph
Guardian

Cricket boards

Cricket Australia
English Cricket Board
New Zealand Cricket
Pakistan Cricket Board
Cricket South Africa
West Indies Cricket Board

Last edited by Arnab; March 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM..

Old March 2, 2008, 12:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

thanks
Old September 13, 2008, 10:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriyar Nafees

Cricdb
Old February 8, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

nice
Old August 19, 2009, 01:37 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Bangladesh cricket schedule for 2009/2010

Can anybody give us the full schedule? Does the champions thropy include bangladesh in august?
Old August 19, 2009, 02:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK
Can anybody give us the full schedule? Does the champions thropy include bangladesh in august?
No. But includes WI replacement squad.
+++
Zim at BD 5 ODIs - October 09.
SL, Ind Tri series at BD. Dec 09 - Jan 10.
Ind at BD 2 tests - Jan 10.
At NZ 1 test, 3 ODIs (T20 not finalized yet) - Feb 10.
T20 WC.
At Eng 2 Tests - May 10.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Utseya quits captaincy
The Daily Star

Prosper Utseya has resigned as captain of Zimbabwe, handing over a formal resignation letter following a meeting with the managing director of Zimbabwe Cricket. His replacement in the position is all-rounder Elton Chigumbura.

"It has been a privilege for me to captain Zimbabwe for the past four years," Utseya stated in his resignation letter. "It has been an experience that has been fraught with many emotions, though I am glad to say that, overall, I have enjoyed the experience immensely and would not have wished for it to be otherwise.

"I remain committed to the cause of the team and Zimbabwe Cricket," he continued. "That commitment is something every international sportsman has. It is more so for those who, like me, have had the honour to lead their national sides."

Thrust into the senior national team in 2004 at the age of 19 when the 'rebel' players withdrew, Utseya held his place in a weakened national side, taking over the captaincy from Terry Duffin in 2006. He led Zimbabwe in 67 one-day internationals, with 20 victories, and all 10 of the Twenty20 internationals the team has played so far.

Always economical but rarely incisive, Utseya came of age with the ball during the tour to West Indies in May 2006, where his flight and spin belied his lack of experience and years. He should, in all likelihood, retain his place in the side on his bowling alone as he, together with left-arm spinner Ray Price, has formed the backbone of Zimbabwe's spin-oriented attack in recent times.

Utseya captained the side in the darkest days of Zimbabwe cricket, but despite some positive results in recent times the team has continued to perform inconsistently, even against weaker opposition. It is understood that he stepped down in the interests of the team's future development.

Chigumbura will now lead the side in their tri-series against India and Sri Lanka at home, which starts on May 28. Another player who got his start in the national side during the 'rebel' player crisis, Chigumbura has since emerged as a frontline performer for Zimbabwe with both bat and ball, and already captains the Mashonaland Eagles. His appointment as captain was a unanimous decision by the ZC Board.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Chigumbura is not a unanimous choice. His place in the squad is not permanent. I thought Taibu would have been better and more experienced. Wrong choice for the Zim board. I wish all the best to Chi since he is the leader now.
Old February 26, 2011, 03:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

This thread didn't have a post for almost one year.
Old January 1, 2012, 01:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Alastair Cook marries on new year's eve. Many many congrats for his new innings

Alastair Cook, who was married on New Year's Eve in Stewkley, found a novel way to head off with his bride after their nuptials
Old January 17, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafr...ry/549840.html
Quote:
Graham Ford, the former South Africa coach, has announced he is quitting as head coach of the Dolphins, the Durban-based franchise. Ford, who requested to be released with immediate effect, said he had ambitions of coaching an international side.

"While I feel a passion for Dolphins cricket, I respectfully ask for an immediate release from my Dolphins coaching position in order to follow my dreams of involvement at an international level," Ford said.

Ford took over as coach of South Africa from Bob Woolmer in 1999 and held the position till 2001. He moved to Kent as director of cricket in 2004, and in 2006 he returned home to take charge of the Dolphins. In June 2007, he was offered the challenge of coaching India but, to the embarrassment of the BCCI, declined. In 2009, he withdrew his name from the shortlist of candidates for the England coaching job.
Is it possible to get him now? Seriously speaking though wonder where he is planning to go. Pakistan have a vacancy but that's about to be filled by Whatmore. After the horrendous performance of India, might they be looking for a new coach? But I doubt they'd offer him the position again given he declined it once already.