facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 1, 2018, 12:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy
Post India strips 4 Million citizenships

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-45002549

This is very concerning. Some of these people have lived there since their childhood.

My question is if the people alleged to be illegal immigrants are not in possession of a passport of their original nationality, where exactly will they get deported to?

Old August 1, 2018, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quoting my own post from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
4 million Indians stripped of Indian citizenship.

BJP hatching a plan to push them to Bangladesh - another cleansing based on ethnicity and religion.

Not sure if they will really follow up on the plan to push millions to BD or if they are doing it for the sake of politics, but the people are really suffering.

Prothom Alo Link

Other links

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-45002549

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-of-foreigners

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...044002717.html
Old August 1, 2018, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Several pieces of lies are propagated with regards to this issue. That 4 million Bengalis in Assam are the refugees of BD liberation war is the most obvious lie.

In the Inside Story program of Al Jzeera, the lie has been debunked by an Indian expert. Majority of those migration happened in late 18th and the early 19th century under British Raj, when farmers from Bengal moved to Assam to produce more food corps.

Also, Assam shares little border with BD, when you compare it with the border Meghalaya shares with BD. How come then 4 million people ended up in Assam but not many at all in Meghalaya during the liberation war?

As another expert highlighted during the show, the whole exercise has no moral basis because the law is retroactive in nature.

The divide and rule politics may produce short term dividends for BJP, but might result in division of India in future.

BTW, more inflammatory rhetoric.
Old August 1, 2018, 01:44 AM
Test Cricketer

There is literally no way to conclusively prove that the people being stripped of citizenship are not Indian citizen. As much as I dislike Donal Trump, even he didn't step so low.

The current Bangladeshi government is very India-friendly. I would be surprised if they stood up to India and said no. We'll continue to be flooded with possibly genuine Indian citizens whom Modi wants to dispose.
Old August 1, 2018, 02:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Let’s see how India and the world media tackles this one.
Old August 1, 2018, 01:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I always wanted to discuss this topic. There is a narrative among Indians and their media that they are flooded with illegal Bangladeshis. As if everyday we cross the border by thousands for a better life in India. They like to pretend they are USA and BD is Mexico.

But I have not any heard from anyone in BD from any sources that Bdeshis are crossing the border and illegally living in India. Heard of illegal migration to Italy, South Korea, Cyprus, Malaysia, Singapore, other ME countries, Libya (north africa), and recently Brazil. But never India.

ora dabi kore million million bangladeshi bole india te illegally thake ar kamla khate. koto tuku shotto eita ke jane. amar kache purai bhua dabi mone hoy.
Old August 1, 2018, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

I don't think the typical Indians realize just how significant the muslim population is in India. Until recently, India had more muslims than Pakistan (and second only to Indonesia). If they would understand that, they would also realize how dumb it is to blame Bangladesh. You've always had muslims, either accept it or stop claiming yourself a secular nation.

This has strong parallels to Myanmar. I don't think it will ever get to the point of genocide, it seems more like a political tactic as BJp gear up for election season.
Old August 1, 2018, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I always wanted to discuss this topic. There is a narrative among Indians and their media that they are flooded with illegal Bangladeshis. As if everyday we cross the border by thousands for a better life in India. They like to pretend they are USA and BD is Mexico.

But I have not any heard from anyone in BD from any sources that Bdeshis are crossing the border and illegally living in India. Heard of illegal migration to Italy, South Korea, Cyprus, Malaysia, Singapore, other ME countries, Libya (north africa), and recently Brazil. But never India.

ora dabi kore million million bangladeshi bole india te illegally thake ar kamla khate. koto tuku shotto eita ke jane. amar kache purai bhua dabi mone hoy.
Amaro bhua mone hoi. Possibly kichu illegal cross hoi but not a lot especially with border forces on alert.
Old August 1, 2018, 02:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I don't think the typical Indians realize just how significant the muslim population is in India. Until recently, India had more muslims than Pakistan (and second only to Indonesia). If they would understand that, they would also realize how dumb it is to blame Bangladesh. You've always had muslims, either accept it or stop claiming yourself a secular nation.

This has strong parallels to Myanmar. I don't think it will ever get to the point of genocide, it seems more like a political tactic as BJp gear up for election season.
its a dangerous propaganda. because if you don't counter it, then it will be a fact. I think it has already reached that stage as we are seeing policy borne out of such propaganda and sentiment.

@adamnsu, of course its bhua. bolen dekhi apni koita manush shunsen india te churi kore giya kaj kortase. borolok hok ar gorib. but nishchoy shunsen onekei middle east or malaysia/singapore gese. ar pasher deshe gese ar amra keu i shuni nai.

but now they have 40 lakh muslims who in past couple of years illegally going to assam out of all places. yeah to assam. not to big cities like mumbai/delhi or even kolkata. but the shining beacon of assam. jottoshob!
Old August 1, 2018, 02:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

BJP possesses an extremely dangerous ideology.
India Congress is a great political party! A political party consists of true humanist values.

So, to India, we-BD is Mexico
ANd to us-BD, India is Arizona-Texas??!
Old August 1, 2018, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Seems like India is trying to do what Myanmar did with Rohingyas. More than nationality, its the religion they are looking after it seems. Any of our Indian BCites like to share some thoughts on this?
Old August 1, 2018, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
@adamnsu, of course its bhua. bolen dekhi apni koita manush shunsen india te churi kore giya kaj kortase. borolok hok ar gorib. but nishchoy shunsen onekei middle east or malaysia/singapore gese. ar pasher deshe gese ar amra keu i shuni nai.
Actually many criminals from BD do go there and hide.
Old August 1, 2018, 05:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Actually many criminals from BD do go there and hide.
How many in 4 million though? And I think the Indian intelligence have more tabs on those criminals
Old August 1, 2018, 05:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

What's 4 million of 1.2 billion?
Old August 1, 2018, 06:45 PM
Test Cricketer

It's xenophobia that Modi promotes and gains power from. Even Donlad Trump didn't stoop this low, yet the world makes so many headlines about him and yet so few about Modi. Modi has always been a fascist (and quite possibly a war criminal).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots

He was banned entry into the EU/ UK and US back in 2005 to 2013.. Even George W Bush government revoked his tourist visa into the US, cancelled his diplomatic visa and condemned his actions in the mass murders of Muslims.

And now this guy is the PM of India, what did you expect?
Old August 2, 2018, 02:00 AM
Cricket Guru

TBH those Hindu fanatics who were the anti beef brigade and beating up Muslims was quite shocking. It happened under Modi. I fear for these 4 million and what will happen to them.
Old August 2, 2018, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
BJP possesses an extremely dangerous ideology.
India Congress is a great political party! A political party consists of true humanist values.

So, to India, we-BD is Mexico
ANd to us-BD, India is Arizona-Texas??!
Congress is much better than BJP but at the end, all are opportunists.

I have not heard any forceful opposition to this NRC practice from Congress yet. Only Mamata Banarjee and her Trinomul Congress made vocal opposition. Mamata is another autocrat in making (her recent role in panchayet elections are no different than electioneering being carried in mayoral elections by AL govt of Sk Hasina), but at least in this regard, I give credit where credit is due.

And it was Rajib Gandhi, who passed the bill that intruders after 24-March-1971 shall be considered as illegal immigrants.
Old August 2, 2018, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

This is a true observation. I think simply the number of illegal BD migrants in Italy alone will outnumber all illegal BD migrants in India.
Old August 2, 2018, 04:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Exactly @mufi02. They pretend as if India is a first world country, with a significantly better living standards than Bangladesh to justify illegal immigration and living in hiding for 30+ years.

I dunno about Europe, but in Australia Bangladeshis have a very good track record of not overstaying their Visas. I wonder what India has that a country like Australia lacks that would attract such illegal mass migrations like they claim.

I saw many Indian Bengali idiots comments on news posts on Facebook, claiming Bangladeshis are flooding into India like rats. What a bunch of bullshit. Mocking us by calling us "Kangladeshi", and funny how West Bengal's GDP per Capita is very close to that of Bangladesh. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. We are surrounded by the poorest Indian states.

And the GDP per Capita of Assam is actually lower than that of Bangladesh, meaning Bangladeshis have a better quality of life than residents of Assam.
Old August 2, 2018, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

We Bangladeshis are spreading around the world like wildfire.

I had a Italian colleague who use to work with me, but now back to Italy.
He tellls me how there’s a lot of Bangladeshis in Italy..

But I don’t believe the Indians.. 4m seems highly inaccurate and exaggerated.

Also seems like IK don’t like our government/people.. imagine both India and Pakistan tag team on us..
Old August 2, 2018, 08:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Without any bias or prejudice.

Yes there are many Bangladeshis (mainly hindus) that migrated to India. That also explains why as per census the percentage of Hindu population in Bangladesh decreased by few percentage point since liberation.

One reason for the above is something that hardly anyone knows about and people who do rarely speak either . There was an act called "Vested properties act". This act took away a lot (i mean a lot) of properties from the hindu population of Bangladesh. I infact know 2 families personally (One migrated to Canada).

However I do not think that India (BJP Govt) got any issued with the emigrated (illegaly) Hindus, their problem is with the Muslims.

As a Bangladeshi, I am not going to act "holier than thou" towards any country given our own track record. Rohingyas were never welcomed (till last year) in Bangladesh by the Awamileague Govt because according to them, the rohingyas were vote banks for BNP/Jamaat. Exact Parallel to BJP and Muslim migrants from BD. They are thought to be votebanks of Congress.

I am not sure about the 4 million number. But given how close BD current govt is with Indian govt. I will be surprised if these people are pushed inside BD.
Old August 2, 2018, 09:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

^this is going off tangent and comparing one issue with another.

of course there are hindu discrimination against BD and unfortunately a lot of them moved to India. it is fact and no one can deny that.

rohingyas coming in as refugees are a fact as well. that they live in camps and some trickled into general population are well documented.

you bring those two examples and then state "BD illegal immigrants in India" as fact as well. but that is not the case. that is how a dubious claim becomes a fact (such as hindu exodus / rohingya influx). that is playing in to their narrative and accepting it as truth.

there is a strong consensus among Indians (not saying govt) that they are flooded with illegal immigrants from BD. that their major cities are inundated with them and we are crossing the border in droves. so much so that a poor indian state like assam has almost 4 million illegal bangladeshis.

no one is asking to be holier than thou. yes, discrimination/racism/xenophobia exists in the world and our region. but that doesn't I can't discuss and debunk a false claim because of other injustices in the world.

I am not critiquing how India treats her minorities (muslims/dalits). It is their internal issues and that's where we Bdeshis can't act holier than thou as we aren't that better either. that would be hypocritical. but I am well within my rights to question a totally false claim as it affects the image of my country and countryman. note that their blanket xenophobia and false claims includes all Bangladeshis (whether hindu or muslim). nothing holier than thou about that.
Old August 2, 2018, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

you put any topic and if tonmoy dhaka particupates you know it will deviate to a religion discussion. I would be surprised if it didn't.
Old August 2, 2018, 09:24 AM
Test Cricketer

^^ Agreed.. I am not claiming that the number discussed is accurate in a sense that they all illegally immigrated from Bangladesh... I dont even know if 4 million that are stripped of citizenship are all muslims either? But given we are talking about BJP, it is safe to assume that most of these 4 million are Muslims. Sorry for going off tangent..

A citizen of a land is always a debatable issue. There is a major ongoing debate about it with the rohingya crisis and not to mention the Israel Palestine debate,

Just my personal point of view, if someone lived in a country for decades than he/she should not be thrown out claiming illegal citizens. On a similar note, if someone or their forefather left a piece of land/country and never returned there for decades/generations than he/she has no right to that piece of land anymore (exceptions being that they left because of persecution).
Old August 2, 2018, 09:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

^ I agree as well. It just frustrates me how pervasive this false claim is amongst Indians. Social media, forums, blogs are filled with the sentiment that millions of Bangladeshis are crossing the border illegally every year.

As if it US/Mexico haha. But the quality of lives in these two countries are almost similar. Poor people from rural area move to Dhaka/Ctg and that's why population exploded in these two major cities.I doubt if any would go to Assam out of all the places where they won't speak the same language.