facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 20, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I apologize in advance if I hurt any feelings or sensitivities, but in my humble opinion, drawing or depicting the image of the prophet should actually give the 'human' face necessary to avoid worship. I am not talking about this Facebook thing. I am speaking in general. Islam wants us to recognize him as a human, and I find it insulting that God has enough faith in us, that just a depiction would cause us to abandon him and worship his prophet. Art leads to an enlightened society. Just look back at dark ages Europe and what art and literature in subsequent ages did for the age of enlightenment. The stagnation of Islamic world/culture has been too long.
thats why Quran doesnt forbid it. To be more precise it was law passed on by the Ottoman Empire.

Its a hadith (tradition), most problems in the Islamic world stem from Hadith.
Old May 21, 2010, 03:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
thats why Quran doesnt forbid it. To be more precise it was law passed on by the Ottoman Empire.

Its a hadith (tradition), most problems in the Islamic world stem from Hadith.
From where did you learn the details of Salat brother? Al-Quraan said the basic of it. But the details came through Hadith.

Allah's own words about following the Prophet as guide
“Say (O Muhammad!): "O mankind! I am sent unto you all as the apostle of Allah to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He that gives both life and death. So, believe in Allah and His apostle the unlettered Prophet who believed in Allah and His words: follow him so that you may be guided."” Q7:158.

Allah says: "You have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful pattern of (conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day and who engages much in the praise of Allah." Q 33:21.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
From where did you learn the details of Salat brother? Al-Quraan said the basic of it. But the details came through Hadith.
Im talking about false hadith. eg stoning apostates/adulterers/rape victims/ homosexuals, advocating paedophilla, oppression of women

PS: we dont know which hadith are authentic or not.

Last edited by Nafi; May 21, 2010 at 09:16 AM..