facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 23, 2010, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The pitch is turning it in to a fruitless competition. No one wants to see the batsmen struggling in a limited over match. The choice of teams is worng. Ind-Pak would be better.

Old May 23, 2010, 05:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
No. But OZs have great players that can win crowds over. They have great players. None of that Indo-Pak stuff. That wont bring any Americans into this. Only push them away. "its a foreigners game", which is already the image for cricket in American minds. But cricket shouldnt be shown as foreign sports, because America's history got cricket all over it.

So things need to be Americanized, only then they will like it. Starting with by stop playing those Bollywood songs. Bringing Pak-Ind teams will just push them away, and it will only bring Sub crowds. And they already love cricket. They dont need to worry about that.

I know, they will love the Aus team. Good fielders, big hitters, and full of speed stars. They will relate more with Aus then Indi-Pak. Australia can be the Beckham of cricket.
i have a cousin who lives in USA. once he came to BD. i was watching cricket. he said his father watches cricket. he watches sometimes but dont understand.

he cant understand these things

1. why a pitcher needs to run so long ???
2. even though he runs so long he seldoms beat the striker and no reward for betaing the striker
3. why strikers run with bat ???
4. why only 2 or 4 long innings played, why not 9 short innings like baseball ????

NB: my cousin plays as a pitcher in his college team
Old May 23, 2010, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Its gonna be extremely hard 2 get cricket popular in America..baseball is the dominant sport and cricket cant just walk in and become a popular sport..ICC screwed it up though..1st of all having Sri Lanka and New Zealand? They don't have the fan bases like India and Pakistan do..I think they shoulve had India playing Australia..that way you get a strong fan base and then the powerhouse of cricket in the Aussies..also why was that pitch so poor? They needed 2 make it a flat bed..the match was so damn boring that I almost fell asleep..you cant have such boring matches and expect Americans 2 like it..bangladesh_sy has a good point..ICC should reach out 2 the subcontinental crowds 1st before they go 2 the Americans..1st worry about getting fans 2 the game before worrying about Americans grasping the game..so India vs Pakistan wouldve been great..
Old May 23, 2010, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
So things need to be Americanized, only then they will like it. Starting with by stop playing those Bollywood songs. Bringing Pak-Ind teams will just push them away, and it will only bring Sub crowds. And they already love cricket. They dont need to worry about that.
Yes they do. None of my brown friends bother to follow cricket and most of the 2nd/3rd generation kids are already in love with other Americans sports. When you say american you are talking about pure american like, but those 2nd/3rd generation sub continental peoples are american as well. ICC has to get these people back in first. I agree with bollywood type song that stuff was bogus specially since neither of India Pakistan was playing. But its a start. Like I said real Americans won't show up to watch these games doesn't matter either Australia or India or anyone playing because they have no idea what's it all about. ICC has to get the word out and if they can get the word out through the younger brown generation thats a good start. My younger brother doesn't follow cricket but he knows about it. If he starts following again he is bound to tell his "American" friend. I'm talking about something along this line.

Quote:
Australia can be the Beckham of cricket.
did you watch any match Beckham played in America? The only people that showed up to watch Beckham were the people that already knew him. He didn't make football any more or less popular in U.S. More than half the Americans probably still don't know we are in the world cup.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

this will be too one sided game looks like,NZ 9/4
Old May 23, 2010, 11:26 AM
Cricket Savant

This might be the only T20 without any boundary hit.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:26 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

NZ:13-5

wth??
Old May 23, 2010, 12:16 PM
Cricket Savant

this Florida pitch is terribe,
the place is good thgh.
Old May 23, 2010, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

America likes man's game. Kabadi will be more popular game before cricket:-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

ICC is spending a lot of money on cricket in America but I honestly don't see cricket getting very popular here..I see cricket becoming more like rugby which would be good in my opinion..the thing is cricket is similar to baseball so its nothing the americans have not seen..also in America the sports that have power are the more popular sports, for example football, basketball, and baseball..look how intense rugby is but still it attracts little attraction for the most part..cricket is becoming less popular in the non South Asian countries even..so ICC should do something about that before working on a big project like America..
Old May 26, 2010, 10:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Couldn't agree more

Post of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
America likes man's game. Kabadi will be more popular game before cricket:-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 26, 2010, 11:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

It will be very popular among the homosexuals