facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2011, 06:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

where was the respect from the world when we lost close gamess.........like multan, fatullah,, and so many incredibly close gamessss we lost......look...to earn respect......U GOTTA WIN ittt
we dint earn it in past...coz we lost..dint matter by 1 wicket, or 1 run...a LOSSS is a LOSS
the difference between SA winning a Wc was not even one run in 1999......it was a tie...we have grown up the hard way....let them learn it the hard wayy........and ireland cant beat any other team in the group except for maybe netherlandss...they havent got a future in cricket...as simple as that...all these technicians, electricians shd stick to their original jobs......

Old February 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ya... now that we survived the assult, I am all for the Irish Team.

"Go Irish Go !!!!" Give a big Baash to England, WI and India !!!!

This time no mercy.... go for the Kill !!!!
And i will be rooting for the teams u mentioned to break world records against this team of technicians, electricians, or cricketers from street, so thatt ICC is justified in not including Ireland.....i havent even seen ind (except for that flat track swinger sehwag) to pass on comments agasint us like how ireland does.....they are good for rugby.....they hava a chance to be atleast quarterfinalist there.. not in cricket....go play golf...its a perfect part time sport for part timers....
Old February 25, 2011, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

কাঁদো, আয়ারল্যান্ড কাঁদো
Old February 25, 2011, 08:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
কাঁদো, আয়ারল্যান্ড কাঁদো
haire bangaleeee.....
Old February 25, 2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

off the field sure i'll wish them my best.

but on the field, i love seeing bangladesh tear their hearts and feeding it to the dogs. thats the way it should be. devastate porterfield in such a way he will be depressed for eternity.
Old February 25, 2011, 08:41 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
And i will be rooting for the teams u mentioned to break world records against this team of technicians, electricians, or cricketers from street, so thatt ICC is justified in not including Ireland.....i havent even seen ind (except for that flat track swinger sehwag) to pass on comments agasint us like how ireland does.....they are good for rugby.....they hava a chance to be atleast quarterfinalist there.. not in cricket....go play golf...its a perfect part time sport for part timers....
it was in 2007 they had technicians and electricians..now 13 of their 15 member team are full time players and play in the english county..where r u coming from?..2007?
Old February 25, 2011, 08:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
I am all for respecting every team as thats the way it should be

I love Ireland and enjoyed my holiday there last year and the people are lovely but the Irish players dont seem to have any self respect. They talk about how proud they are to represent their country and how they play with pride however they will jump at the chance if offered to play for England..This is very cowardly and oppurtunistic yet they have the audacity to whinge about not getting test status!
Nothing personal, I think only because you live in London, you can do such gross generalization about the Irish!! Not surprised, really !!
Old February 25, 2011, 09:39 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ya... now that we survived the assult, I am all for the Irish Team.

"Go Irish Go !!!!" Give a big Baash to England, WI and India !!!!

This time no mercy.... go for the Kill !!!!
Go Irish Go!!! Win one less game than us.
Old February 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
it was in 2007 they had technicians and electricians..now 13 of their 15 member team are full time players and play in the english county..where r u coming from?..2007?
who cares? they will be technicians, teachers once again...this sport wont last long in their country....its just going thru one of those spurts like kenya or scotland had in earlier days.....

Last edited by kalpurush; February 26, 2011 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Please read Board Rules A. 1. 3. ...
Old February 25, 2011, 09:51 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
who cares? they will be technicians, teachers once again...this sport wont last long in their country....its just going thru one of those spurts like kenya or scotland had in earlier days.....the way they talk....they got the appropraite result...back to where u guys came from..cricket isnt for these kind of people...
u got the point right brother..look in the mirror..if u love cricket u shouldn't say this...everybody deserves to play this game
Old February 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
well we have beaten them handily in their conditions as well.

its simply a matter of the nature of the wicket.

minnow teams are, on an absolute scale, stronger at bowling than batting. for example, conventional wisdom holds that minnows are better at batting and not at bowling. they might cite Netherlands as an example. however, make a flat track and out the teams out there facing the same bowlers, the stronger side will score more runs. this is because batting is quite a bit more complex than bowling. technique is involved, approach is involved, situational awareness is involved.

thus, on bowling wickets (any wicket where batting is quite a bit tougher than bowling), the gap in technical and other aspects of cricket is narrowed between 2 teams of different calibre.

on flat wickets, the gap is widened. the better batting team will simply be able to bat the opponent out.

thus against India, we were totally outclassed. OK, maybe not totally, but comprehensively nonetheless. we would have been more competitive on a wicket like todays.

same thing holds true for the Irish.

on a flat track, we would have most likely batted them out of the game circa 2008 (when they had Eoin Morgan). but on a bowling track, any advantage we had was negated. we've seen this before with Zimabwe, and some other teams we've beaten.

just my personal theory.
right on! This is certainly a very nicely put out explanation of why we should always play iin less batting friendly pitches with stronger batting teams like India. We should have played in a similar kind of track against India.

We have to admit that the Irish players play in better league than we do (that is in county league compared to our domestic league), so they will always be competitive. I hope them the best of luck in for tall the games left.
Old February 25, 2011, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
u got the point right brother..look in the mirror..if u love cricket u shouldn't say this...everybody deserves to play this game
bro...let both of us stop talking abt opposition...we shd be actually hugging each other celebrating our dramatic victoryy last game rather than discuss these trivial stuffs.......lets march on for the windies gameee!!!
Old February 25, 2011, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
who cares? they will be technicians, teachers once again...this sport wont last long in their country....its just going thru one of those spurts like kenya or scotland had in earlier days.....the way they talk....they got the appropraite result...back to where u guys came from..cricket isnt for these kind of people...
I am sorry, but this is one of the dumbest post I've read here in BC in the last 4 years. You just said that their team is made of "technicians, electricians, or cricketers from street" and when Night Wolf refutes your point, you answer with a 'who cares?'.

Also, do you care to clarify what you mean when you say 'cricket isn't for these kind of people'? I am not sure if you are trying to be funny or if you actually think the way you type. I really didn't want to personally attack you, it's just that I felt like this when I read some of your posts here.
Old February 25, 2011, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Yes my respect to the Irish. They are a really good team , like everyone can bowl and bat in that team :P wel.. pretty much...

but.... I must say as much as i felt sorry for Poterfield, I LOVED his expression! Shrugging the shoulders, he actually looked like he was going to burst into tears :|

but yes, Ireland deffs deserve to be playing in WC 2015.
Old February 25, 2011, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
who cares? they will be technicians, teachers once again...this sport wont last long in their country....its just going thru one of those spurts like kenya or scotland had in earlier days..
How old are you? I really hope you are no older than 15 cause otherwise you sound ....

Last edited by kalpurush; February 26, 2011 at 02:45 AM.. Reason: Please follow Board Rules A. 1. 3.
Old February 26, 2011, 12:14 AM
Test Cricketer

A sensible thread. When you beat an associate member of the ICC, humility is the way.
Old February 26, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
Nothing personal, I think only because you live in London, you can do such gross generalization about the Irish!! Not surprised, really !!
actually Im a Scotsman living in England, dont just presume my influences are from there mate, maybe you want to look at who is doing the generalization here..

Well i stand by my comment, if u do your research and check the facts, u will find guys like rankin, porterfield, obrien brothers etc are queing up to play for England. These are also the same players itching for Ireland to get test status, how is that possible when all their good players are pinched by England??

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)