facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2011, 06:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
BDFlag What we Need to Move Forward from Here

I'm not going to be too negative here. I have better ways to vent, thank GOD for being one over a hundred million of the best fans in the world, bar none. But I will post my Facebook status update here before suggesting what we must do now.

Quote:
Facebook status update:

Sohel Nadeem Rahman thanks the West Indian cricket team for bringing us within 20 runs of the World Cup quarter finals. A near miracle considering our defeatist Australian coach, clueless selectors and corrupt cricket board. Bring on the reckoning fellas, the proverbial chicken has indeed come home to roost!
1. A BCB Tsar who will: -

- Generate revenue and reinvest the money into the NCL and A Team cricket.

Invest in divisional teams, including state of the art facilities and qualified, proactive, passionate, foreign coaches for each and every one of the NCL teams. As the quality of cricket in the NCL improves, develop consistent performers with genuine ability in the A Team. That will bridge some of the monumental gap between our alleged first class/list A and the highest level, AND help our guys sustain whatever success they may achieve once they make it.

- Stomp-out lobbying and nepotism.

Get guys who can qualitatively analyze statistics within the reality of our context, and select players with the potential to deliver, and the talent to actually apply that potential in the middle. The selectors MUST attend games and select players based on a reasonable and transparent criterion.

I suggest Shakil Kasem for the job as long as he is allowed to do what he must. Absolute power to achieve specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-phased results. Needless to say, we must have absolute accountability in return. By us I mean Bangladeshi tax payers who pay 25% income tax and much more in Corporate and VAT payments. WE WANT OUR MONEY'S WORTH!

2. A Head Coach who is: -

- Positive, passionate, proactive and a disciplinarian. A motivator who believes in our guys more than they do, but is tough enough to hold them accountable.

- Capable of getting through to our guys and teaching what he needs to teach, and when they don't learn, be caring enough to send them down a level.

- Quick to accept responsibility and slow to accept praise.

জয় বাংলা ! ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 19, 2011 at 11:41 PM..

Old March 19, 2011, 06:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

we have definitely improved....and will improve....the world cup pressure was first of a kind.....with avergae age just 23......people just seem to go with the flow.....but i for one...can sense that we are gonna achieve a lot more...just wait and watch.....its all gonna happen....but people will come back with 58 and 78....for time being, its better to be quiete...just wait for aus series..and u will see the same people singing praises for the team
Old March 19, 2011, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Good points, We also desperately need Youth Development
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...th+development

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 19, 2011, 06:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i feel we need a Good Coach who can teach our players the modern way of playing

what we need to learn is .....

1. planning an innings - team, partnership and personal.
2. singles
3. powerplay (u dont need to be strong and big hitter) all u need to be is clever
4. how to rebuild after a fall of wicket

this will be COACHES job.

also we need to re-construct the domestic structure and give our A team and Academy team, U-19s more chance to make tours.

Our A team has a Tour start of april. which is good.
Old March 19, 2011, 06:15 AM
Cricket Savant

and we need a CLEAN SELECTION process .... thats very very important
Old March 19, 2011, 06:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

and also we r gonna get our replacements for deadwoods like mahmudullah, and naeem very soon..from beginning itself, they dint attract me....sabbir, nasir...they are genuine players....and were born with that talent.....it will still take time...but we will be THERE
Old March 19, 2011, 06:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

The selectors need to take responsibiltiy as well-alok kapali should have ben in the squad

But grass roots development is what we need most of all. Facilities for kids to develop, pacers and kids who can play pace and develop a proper batting techniques. More than a good head coach we need coaches at the academy level to devlop kids' techniques from a young age.

We also need to stop hyping our players or give rewards everytime they win-it's not really a professional atmosphere. It will take years, especially with a corrupt board.

I am quite distraught after this performance. NZ lost 4-0 to us. They'll probably be in shock as well
Old March 19, 2011, 06:27 AM
Banned

nothing will change...unfortunately
Old March 19, 2011, 06:29 AM
Cricket Guru

We brought players after players, coaches were changed...but the problem is not solved...now it's time to break the cricket board and authority....BCB is responsbile for this...they are the governming body not to create cricketers who can take pressure and perform.....players have problems but BCB never tried to find the root cause of this...
Old March 19, 2011, 06:45 AM
Cricket Savant

also one more thing play cricketer at their positions ........

dont want to see openers at 3 4, no 3 4 batsmen at 7,8
Old March 19, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

We need to do an England now. Bring players like ryan ten doschete and kevin o'braian. Send scouts with the A team to find out if there is any exciting prospect like KP or Trot in SA academy team.
Sorry for the bad joke...i am having the worst day of my life.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 19, 2011, 07:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

I don't disagree here, our problems lie at the fundamentals. If we don't fix the fundamentals how will we build for the future
Old March 19, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

that all requires we have someone with vision. vision is something that doesn't exist in a country of the blind. we should just re-name our country to what it really is, made up of, and represents: Ondodesh.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 19, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

We all know what we need to do in order to improve but we never implement our plans and we remain what we are.

I am shocked, upset and feeling deceived to see that how a team responds so poorly to a nation's call. It's shocking to see that this team made two of it's lowest totals in a home world cup.

All my life I was taught how not to show emotion. But today I failed miserably as tears rolled down my eyes while sitting at the gallery. Dream shattered - it's not a big deal but we showed how reckless we are, irresponsible we are.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old March 19, 2011, 08:34 PM

First thing first - we need to replace Mr. Kamal with Saber bhai, or I see no hope.
Old March 19, 2011, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

We need to take over BCB
Old March 19, 2011, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Depoliticize cricket altogether! Why does the government have any say in cricket?
Old March 19, 2011, 10:44 PM
Club Cricketer

1) Bangladesh cricketers are very young and need lot of quality cricket. They should find a way to participate in domestic leagues of other countries.

2) Fans need to ease up on the expectations. This is by far the most emotional lot I have seen. The danger is when the players do even half decent work they are worshipped as gods.

3) I would like them to work with Zim, Ireland, Netherland and few other nations in the same league to arrange tours back and forth to these places. I think we will truly understand where Bangla cricket stands when they play Ire in Ire.

4) Learn from SL school cricket system.

5) Fans be patient.