facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Its hard to blame a guy who scores a fifty but that extended celebration should have been reserved till you have seen your team into a winning position. If a player is content with fifty when there is 150+ still required he is only thinking about himself. In contrast look at Shak... He knew he needed to stay and went about it with minimum fuss even after fifty
cut him some slack please.. It was his comeback innings and he got little too complacent... Tamim is our best batsman and we need him to get his confidence back and the more confident he is the more he will be able to contribute for the team..

I don't want to compare anyone with Shakib.. he is the only man who never gets complacent with his personal achievement.. he is carrying the burden of the whole BD team on his young shoulder for quite a long time now... yeah he is short tempered but he is never cocky about his own achievements... A pure team's man who changes his gear according to the team's situation.. My respect for such player just goes up with every single match he plays..:notworthy :

Old March 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I think you mean strongest...

Have you seen India and Sri Lanka recently. Pakistan is currently in a more stable situation and are playing great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
Pakistan the weakest among the big 3? You gotta be kidding I would say they'r the strongest. 2nd strongest SL & 3rd India. -___-
Ind & SL gave Australia good run for their money in ODIs and that too in Australian condition. They no doubt are better teams in subcontinent. And paks lost 0-3 to England(weakest ODI side among top 4) in their second home UAE.
Old March 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Play Anamul or Mominul in place of Safiul, no need three pacers. What the heck Rahim and Riayadh were trying to show us by swiping and chopping when the win was set for us, they just gave away the entire game. And why Rahim brought Mash in death over despite knowing that Mash sucks in those overs. Just have to say hayre kopal !! amader playerra emon keno??
Old March 11, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Questions

Why did BAN decide to Bowl at toss?
Why did 7 out of 10 BAN batsmen get bowled?
So bad! Clean Bowled!
Old March 11, 2012, 12:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Oh FFS, Shakib once again screwed over by the crappy tail sloggers and middle order. Though Nasir played brilliantly, proved why he's got tremendous talent a la Shakib. Mahmudullah's decision too proving costly in the end.

Also seriously dumb captiancy at the end of the innings by Mushfiq, everyone knows Mash is crap at the end. Should have managed bowlers better. Nasir didn't even bowl, and neither did Mahmdullah bowl enough.

And also get over Shafiul, he's just crap in ODIs overall - could have really used Nazmul with the bowl+bat, or even Reza.
Surely, you would have been happier if your favorite BD player won the match rather than just brought them agonizingly close? I'm having uncomfortable flashbacks to the KRB v DG semifinal....
Old March 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Ind & SL gave Australia good run for their money in ODIs and that too in Australian condition. They no doubt are better teams in subcontinent. And paks lost 0-3 to England(weakest ODI side among top 4) in their second home UAE.
Pakistan beat sri lanka 4-1 in the last series. Pakistan definitely has the most dangerous bowling attack out of the 3.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I watched till the first water break. And IDK about you, but it looked a different team. They looked happy and united, and bright (probably because of the Pakistani style jersey). Last couple of series they've looked very gloomy. So it was important that they win this. I'm afraid if we lose another one, we might just go back to being gloomy.

We lost the game after 6th wicket in both innings. They were 6/199, and should've cleaned up the tail lot sooner. 6/222, shakib is out there, only Nasir just got out, our tail should've showed more fight.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Questions

Why did BAN decide to Bowl at toss?
Why did 7 out of 10 BAN batsmen get bowled?
So bad! Clean Bowled!
Four of those were slogs across the line. One was a gem of a delivery. One inside edge off a needless late cut, another suicidal cut shot off a skidder from afridi.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Surely, you would have been happier if your favorite BD player won the match rather than just brought them agonizingly close? I'm having uncomfortable flashbacks to the KRB v DG semifinal....
Nasir kichui shiklo na oita theke...asha kori he's learning to finish the game from this type of mistake.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Four of those were slogs across the line. One was a gem of a delivery. One inside edge off a needless late cut, another suicidal cut shot off a skidder from afridi.
Thanks. I hope the Batsmen will learn from those that you pointed out - especially under the situation the event happened. Some were out approaching a higher score, some were established, and some were purely inept. Nasir, Jahurul ended their stay prematurely, Tamim probaly thought 'now I am settled' - well it was Hafiz anyway. So extra vigilance was needed, this was in the 2nd spell probably - as usual Tamim got cocky I presume - that is his character. Shakib I understand - he was trying to save the game. But Tamim will always be Tamim. One member pointed out - when is the last time he has done a match winning knock. Got his 50, and off we go. Bleh!I have no respect for that guy - me me me primadonna.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:15 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
Nasir kichui shiklo na oita theke...asha kori he's learning to finish the game from this type of mistake.
If anyone, Nasir ke dosh diyen nah. O ja khela dekhalo, Shakib-Tamim chara bakider dekha uchit. Can play with a straight bat, slog and run rapidly between the wickets. Baki shob mental jinish shikbei Shakiber kach thekei. Tokhon ora amader Bevan/Hussey/Symonds er moto lethal finishing combination hobei

Jaihok, or ar Shakiber RBW ar fielding ajke onno level-ei chilo.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Tamim was tired....He is not really fit enough to take three singles every over....he was really getting tired, so i don't think it was overconfidence/arrogance(I could be wrong). He took lazy shots until one too many bit the dust. I am forgiving him for today...His selfish innings is exactly what Bangladesh and Shakib needed to build on a solid platform to post 200+.

Culprits: Jahirul(too many unnecessary heaves and slogs until one to many costed him his wicket)
Rahim: should have done much much better.
Riyad: should have done much much better.
Mashrafee and Razzak: All they needed to do What Mahmudullah did exactly 365 days ago from today in Chittagong, take singles and give strike to the on-song batsmen. it was not to be....
Old March 11, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Ki bolchen! As per Physio Tamim was is 100% fit - don't tell me now he is not 100%. Cmon! He can't stay for more than 116 Minutes!!
Old March 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Nasir got out to a pretty good delivery today can't blame him like I did during the KRB DG semifinal. Infact he played so sensibly, that all that mischievous(and naive) acts during BPL is starting to fade away in my mind. He is learning quick.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:23 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
If anyone, Nasir ke dosh diyen nah. O ja khela dekhalo, Shakib-Tamim chara bakider dekha uchit. Can play with a straight bat, slog and run rapidly between the wickets. Baki shob mental jinish shikbei Shakiber kach thekei. Tokhon ora amader Bevan/Hussey/Symonds er moto lethal finishing combination hobei

Jaihok, or ar Shakiber RBW ar fielding ajke onno level-ei chilo.
exactly, blaming Nasir would criminal.

YOu may think Nasir score 47..but to me he scored 47 + 25 (yes, his fielding today has saved at least 25 runs today)
Old March 11, 2012, 12:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

but ill be happy with tamim's performance. Not a moment did he looked like he was a bit edgy. He set the platform for a good match. Mushy and Lullah couldnt capitalize....and our bowlers are crap, with the bat
Old March 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hope Razzak gets caught chucking, this guy seriously just doesn't belong in this team!
Old March 11, 2012, 12:32 PM
Banned

Mushy's out was pretty stupid. During our recent series against paks the commies repeatedly talked about how dangerously BD batsmen were cutting ajmal & afridi where may other world class batsmen didn't dare to do that. It should have been a lesson from them- regardless of how easy it might look, don't play cutshots against ajmal & afridi. if you don't learn from your mistakes you can never go pass 23 avg.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Ki bolchen! As per Physio Tamim was is 100% fit - don't tell me now he is not 100%. Cmon! He can't stay for more than 116 Minutes!!
Even during his golden days tamim used to get tired after scoring 60 odd runs. This is norm for tamim. He is injury free but not fit enough to stay long.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Mushy's out was pretty stupid. During our recent series against paks the commies repeatedly talked about how dangerously BD batsmen were cutting ajmal & afridi where may other world class batsmen didn't dare to do that. It should have been a lesson from them- regardless of how easy it might look, don't play cutshots against ajmal & afridi. if you don't learn from your mistakes you can never go pass 23 avg.
man none of our players learn
Old March 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I hope Razzak gets caught chucking, this guy seriously just doesn't belong in this team!
lol that is really mean.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Even during his golden days tamim used to get tired after scoring 60 odd runs. This is norm for tamim. He is injury free but not fit enough to stay long.
must be the effect of smokin those expensive Dunhill's or B&H's whatever he has been smokin.
Old March 11, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

only us can lose a winning match
Old March 11, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Blame goes to Nassir equally. Shoud've just rotated the strike with Shak and batted till the end to get over that line. IDK why he tried to hit the 3rd boundary! Gave was in the bag until he got out.

We just don't know how to finish off the games, we just don't! This is very annoying. They get nervous when they come close.

Quote:
lol that is really mean.
It is what it is...
Old March 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Probably matha gorom hoye jai and he craves a smoke. Next time tell him to feign injury - go retired hurt, have a smoke and then come back. Seriously now!