facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 5, 2012, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru

I think it's best to avoid BC after Bangladesh loses a match :p

Old December 6, 2012, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Rick Sanchez...what's he upto now? Anyone know?
Old December 6, 2012, 01:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
Rick Sanchez...what's he upto now? Anyone know?

The guy who got fired from CNN for antisemitism?

I looked him up right now. He has some sort of gig with Fox News latino. Lol, I didn't even know there was a Fox News latino.
Old December 6, 2012, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I can't seem to forgive Mushfiqur no matter how hard I try. God, it is still eating away inside of me.
Old December 6, 2012, 03:50 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
I think it's best to avoid BC after Bangladesh loses a match :p
ki bolo??..harer por moner dukho ghochate ato entertainment r kothay paoa jabe???
Old December 6, 2012, 04:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

The 'Fiscal Cliff' Calculator Shows How Much More in Taxes You Might Pay Next Year

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...cut-scenarios/
Old December 7, 2012, 07:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Which one would be easier to argue? Pirated movie sites should/shouldn't be banned. I agree with both of em :S. I mean I want free ****. But I also get where they are coming from. I wouldn't want my crap to get pirated. Now it just comes down to which one would be easier to argue ...

Opinions?
Old December 7, 2012, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Which one would be easier to argue? Pirated movie sites should/shouldn't be banned. I agree with both of em :S. I mean I want free ****. But I also get where they are coming from. I wouldn't want my crap to get pirated. Now it just comes down to which one would be easier to argue ...

Opinions?
Is there even an argument to support piracy? Granted there is much that stinks in how movie copyrights are designed and what it allows you to do, I can't see you come up with a cogent (and justifiable) argument to support piracy. No, its free does not cut it.
Old December 7, 2012, 07:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Is there even an argument to support piracy? Granted there is much that stinks in how movie copyrights are designed and what it allows you to do, I can't see you come up with a cogent (and justifiable) argument to support piracy. No, its free does not cut it.
Completely Agree.
Old December 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Yeah if I go there, I'll have to deal with the whole piracy issue, not just movies, and open up a new can of worms. But I was thinking along the lines with the music industry, and how MP3 totally changed everything. Back in the day people would get tracked down for downloading free music, but now it's just too much to handle. They had to evolve with the technologies.

And I was trying to argue it because it's free. I just think it'd be impossible to stop it from happening. They will come up with new ways pirate stuff. So I was trying to figure out a way to work with it, instead of fighting it.

IDK I'm sticking with "For" for now.
Old December 7, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Well, you have to argue for what truly constitutes "originality" and "copyright infringement". Is there truly sth. completely new under the sun:primary or secondary? I don't have any details but once a guy refused to put works citation saying he had photographic memory and he could rattle any info. out so the need for bibliography was moot.

Doc is getting too weak here (emotionally) to get personal with issues at hand. First rule of lawyering: Don't become personal with case.

One can argue anything one wants if one only will. hehe...

And also if for music, WHO gets the credit? There are producers, songwriters, percussionists etcetera and by the time it reaches your cochlea it has gone through several transformation under lot of people.

Also, don't forget to cite me when you use my idea quoting me you jackax.

Edit: We just talked in Anthro how two South American countries are fighting for their right to be the first one to produce potatoes. It kinda ties with one of the threads we had abt jamdani sarees a while ago. OH that makes me think...HIRE NAVO to make your argument. :P
Old December 7, 2012, 09:46 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Navo, are you willing lawyer up for this? How much do you want for a 4 page + bib. paper?

I really can't sit through and write this thing. This is one of the last and least important thing left in this sem. I finished all the important stuffs, including a 14 page term paper earlier last week. And this class is so stupid that even though I have like over 150 extra credit and pretty much nailed this class w/o doing much, if I don't turn this stupid thing in I won't pass. That makes zero sense!
Old December 7, 2012, 10:13 PM
Cricket Sage

What's with all this piracy talk? How are we suppose to live without Chorai Links?
Old December 7, 2012, 10:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Exactly! BC of all places should be pro piracy!

Ok, now I'm really counting on Navo's response! Thanks a lot Zee! You turned me into a bigger slacker than I was an hour ago!
Old December 8, 2012, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Begum Rokeya Day observed...

http://www.clickittefaq.com/entertai...-day-observed/

Where should this be posted???
Old December 8, 2012, 05:10 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Navo, are you willing lawyer up for this? How much do you want for a 4 page + bib. paper?

I really can't sit through and write this thing. This is one of the last and least important thing left in this sem. I finished all the important stuffs, including a 14 page term paper earlier last week. And this class is so stupid that even though I have like over 150 extra credit and pretty much nailed this class w/o doing much, if I don't turn this stupid thing in I won't pass. That makes zero sense!
Haha, if you were serious Dilscoop, you could have messaged me. Going into personal 'moral and ethical relativism' regarding piracy, as Sohel bhai would term it, is not desirable but in the macro-scale, as countries have varying laws and codes regarding piracy, whether it is 'lawful' or 'not lawful' becomes different from whether it is 'right' or 'wrong'.

For instance, Bangladesh has certain stringent TRIPS [trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights] obligations to meet but as it is a developing country, the time period in which it has to satisfy such obligations is longer. As I mentioned in an earlier thread on a similar topic, Bangladesh only has to implement TRIPs related to pharmaceuticals after 2016 - so till then, effectively, pharmaceutical patents will not be upheld as strictly. By analogy, users in another country which is not a signatory to international conventions on IP/copyright piracy or doesn't have a stringent laws on movie piracy, would be able, to a large extent, get away with their activities. It may be ethically wrong but it won't be unlawful.

Besides this, you could/could have talk/ed about how difficult, expensive and laborious the process of enforcing such a ban is., as totally distinct from whether it is desirable or not. Imagine the kind of expense the US had to go through to take down the international operations of Mega Video?

This could lead to another issue - a hierarchy of IP laws, regulations etc. Those who can enforce the copyright, patents, etc. of their products (in this case movies) actually have IP rights in substantive terms. Other countries may, no matter how rigorous their respect for IP, find themselves without such protection due to a lack of resources, etc. Ultimately, it'll be American and British movies and TV shows that benefit from IP protection, get proper royalties etc while other country's films, tv shows, songs etc can get pirated unhindered as they can't enforce their rights internationally in the same way. Is such a gap desirable and does it support the ethical impulse that drives us to say that pirate movie sites should be banned?
Old December 8, 2012, 10:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I was half serious. Now I'm dead serious. I need help. I got nothing done all day. I'm stuck on this. I wore myself out after writing over 25 pages past week while sleeping for about 20 hrs. My room smell like starbucks. I wont be able to get it done by Monday afternoon. I have one other essay due (that one is short). And I have 2 essay finals coming up!

Took way too many writing classes this sem.

Those are some good key points. Looks like I'll stick to "for." I'll PM you
Old December 8, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

LOL dammit i completely forgot your pm. Sorry bro cannot help.
Old December 8, 2012, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
Begum Rokeya Day observed...

http://www.clickittefaq.com/entertai...-day-observed/

Where should this be posted???
Its own thread. It's Begum Rokeya.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

No Worries Zee.
Old December 9, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Just finished writing about Carracci! DONE! ****! How did I end up with this guy of all people! His style is so boring!

Ok! Now to piracy.

IDK what to argue!!!! God! It should be banned! Because that's what makes sense! or does it? I'm blanking this.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:47 AM
Cricket Sage

BK Bhai is Back!!! Now this calls for a celebration.
Old December 9, 2012, 05:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Very sad to learn one of my youngest cousin getting murdered by shonthrashi.

Inna lillahi wa Inna ilahi rajeun.
Old December 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cricket Sage

^ MO bhai is that the person that was murdered in front of Nobin Chondro school in Sylhet? My parents know him and his family too. My mom and dad were talking about him today. I think his name is Shajib or something.
Old December 9, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

My condolences, MohammedC.