facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2012, 07:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I want to congratulate Bangladeshi bowlers for not letting Gayle cut loose. This was one of the reasons why We won the series

Old December 8, 2012, 07:55 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Bull. DJB isn't even half the player that Shakib is.
Half? Not even close.
Old December 8, 2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
You can try and downplay it but the facts remain that Ramdin, Charles and Bravo ALL PLAYED in our last odi series which was against NZ and we won it 4-1, they were also part of the WORLD CUP winning team, so you can mock their stats all you like, but the truth is at international level they've won more than every Bangladesh player thats ever played the game,

Furthermore i don't know how people can claim "it's our best team" when both Powell and Permaul made their debuts in this series and haven't played an odi before now!! .
Please don't sound like a sore loser. Both teams fielded the best available eleven. If you cannot accept that, I feel sorry. Had we lost, we would not have given the Shakib excuse. He is our best player, you know. Were you missing your best player?
Old December 8, 2012, 09:17 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

^^ LMAO!! I didn't even realise they did that bad! The way Windiefan was going on about 4-1 I thought they were averaging 50+ or something. Johnson Charles averaged 10.33. How can you say with his inclusion Windies would've been full strength? Ramdin scored just 14.
Old December 8, 2012, 10:58 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

What a sore loser
Old December 8, 2012, 11:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Well that backfired! taught your team a lesson to NEVER underestimate us again
I'd argue we had a lot to gain by blooding some youngsters, beating Bangladesh in another series with the same old players would be nothing new and wouldn't teach us anything.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I want to congratulate Bangladeshi bowlers for not letting Gayle cut loose. This was one of the reasons why We won the series
aami nishchit gayle Bangladesh e aisha yaba er khoj paise.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Please don't sound like a sore loser. Both teams fielded the best available eleven. If you cannot accept that, I feel sorry. Had we lost, we would not have given the Shakib excuse. He is our best player, you know. Were you missing your best player?
Ramdin and charles would have been playing had we been up against a bigger side as both are NOT injured right now.

And i'm not being a "sore loser", i'm just correcting a false notion that is designed to make Tiger fans believe that they beat "the best west indies had to offer", that wasn't the case.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
^^ LMAO!! I didn't even realise they did that bad! The way Windiefan was going on about 4-1 I thought they were averaging 50+ or something. Johnson Charles averaged 10.33. How can you say with his inclusion Windies would've been full strength? Ramdin scored just 14.
So no player has some bad games then? did you see Gayle in this series?
Old December 8, 2012, 11:24 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
And i'm not being a "sore loser", i'm just correcting a false notion that is designed to make Tiger fans believe that they beat "the best west indies had to offer", that wasn't the case.
fine Tiger fans dont believe that we beat "the best west indies had to offer", but WI fans do believe that the "not best west indies had to offer" was beaten by the "not best Bangladesh had to offer"
Old December 8, 2012, 11:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Clearly this wasn't a full strength Bangladesh team without Shakib Al Hasan.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 8, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

No point of whining about teams being "full strength." The team you put out there on the field, that's your full strength team. And you have to expect your team to win regardless of whose on the field. No excuses.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol, ok then an experienced WI lost to an inexperienced BD team.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Ramdin and charles would have been playing had we been up against a bigger side as both are NOT injured right now.

Alright man I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not serious and just trying to crack a joke here

If not, did it ever occur to you that maybe Devon Thomas was selected on current form? Maybe because in the NZ series Devon performed and averaged (28.5) better than Ramdin (14) and Charles (10) both combined?
Old December 9, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:

i wonder which player u would have dropped from this squad before the series started?

i hope u dont want to play all 15 players at the same time
Old December 9, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
I'd argue we had a lot to gain by blooding some youngsters, beating Bangladesh in another series with the same old players would be nothing new and wouldn't teach us anything.
That's a ridiculous claim! I doubt even the best teams in world cricket would dare to do that against BD in BD, esp after the recent Asia cup performance and the 4-0 NZ whitewash!!! Is it really worth taking the risk of losing a series to a lower ranked team that'll be etched in history forever and surrender bragging rights?

I can understand your frustration man! You guys had the best team in the 70s and 80s, but you have to come to the realization that WI are world beaters no more (in ODIs and Tests), and will have to work really hard to get back to the top.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:

Why if they(Ramdin, Charles and John Doe) are sooooo goooood and not injured did not get into the playing 14? Are they the best weapon of you so you gave them a REST against a WEAK team? Are they better than Gayle, Samuels, Pollard, Narine, Roach, Rampaul? I thought either the best people in a team gets rest against weaker opposition or crap players get kicked out of the team due to their performance. Enlighten me, please!
Old December 9, 2012, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Did you see Shakib in this series ...

Opps i mean Did you see TAMIM in this series?
Old December 9, 2012, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Why if they(Ramdin, Charles and John Doe) are sooooo goooood and not injured did not get into the playing 14? Are they the best weapon of you so you gave them a REST against a WEAK team? Are they better than Gayle, Samuels, Pollard, Narine, Roach, Rampaul? I thought either the best people in a team gets rest against weaker opposition or crap players get kicked out of the team due to their performance. Enlighten me, please!
And that my friend just burned him to ashes ...
Old December 9, 2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
fine Tiger fans dont believe that we beat "the best west indies had to offer", but WI fans do believe that the "not best west indies had to offer" was beaten by the "not best Bangladesh had to offer"
This WI side was clearly weakened because Garry Sobers, Vivian Richards, and an in-form Michael holding did not play. If they played, WI would have won by at least 300 runs.
Old December 9, 2012, 01:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
This WI side was clearly weakened because Garry Sobers, Vivian Richards, and an in-form Michael holding did not play. If they played, WI would have won by at least 300 runs.
Even that's not full strength! Gotta include the Ws, Lara, Chanderpaul, Marshall, Ambrose ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 9, 2012, 01:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Its not just one series, kiddo. Gayle may have struggled in this series but he's renowned batsman not a nobody. Charles and Ramdin have what we call faltu averages in the domestic circuit and their numbers from the NZ series is an accurate representation of that. And Even Bravo as an all-rounder is nowhere near the quality of a Watto, Vettori, or Shakib.

Like I said, if WI had played that NZ series "full strength" side you keep going on about, you'd have been smashed 5-0. You should thank the selectors/management that you got out of Bangladesh with some dignity at least.

At any rate its probably just as foolish to argue with someone who thinks Ramdin and Charles are world beaters as it is with someone who thinks Hillary Clinton is hot.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 9, 2012, 01:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I don't bother to argue with someone who doesn't know what he is saying.
Old December 9, 2012, 05:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
BD played without their best batsman (Shakib), best spinner (Shakib), best pace bowler (Nazmul), player with the best momentum atm (Abul who scored the record breaking century), 2nd best pace bowler (Mashrafi) in the last match-- the list goes on and on. They also debuted four players vs WI's two. If Shakib plays, I guarantee you WI doesn't win a single match in this series.

Speaking of ODI series, most recently we also beat teams like India and Srilanka to reach the finals of the Asia cup, and lost to Pakistan only by 2 runs in the finals. Go back couple years, and we also beat NZ 4-0. Fact is both teams fielded their best available eleven, and Bangladesh is a pretty solid ODI team at home (Can't say the same about tests). So there's no shame in losing to a good home side in a closely contested series.
We also win 3rd odi against wi in 2011 home series.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 3, 2013, 07:21 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:

Neither Ramdin or Charles have played a match so far in the ODI series v Australia. Or will you now say Australia isn't a big side?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindi...es/572999.html

Powell top scored for the Windies today with 83 of 90. Even without Samuels in he team, Charles hasn't been selected. I know this debate is already over, but I just wanted to make sure the nails haven't come up in the coffin.