facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 23, 2012, 02:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

He's been virually retired since the 07 world cup, folks. He only came back for AC to get the 100th against BD bowling attack. It won't hit until he hangs up his boots in Test cricket...and honestly, I hope he continues to play until age 45, so I hope he hits some good Test form in his upcoming matches.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 24, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
He's been virually retired since the 07 world cup, folks. He only came back for AC to get the 100th against BD bowling attack.
What a grinch.
Old December 24, 2012, 06:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
He's been virually retired since the 07 world cup, folks. He only came back for AC to get the 100th against BD bowling attack.
Sachin played 80 ODI matches after the 2007 WC. How is that virtually retired? I would say he's been virtually retired from ODI since the 2011 world cup. Up till 2010 he was playing ODI for India pretty regularly. He played just a handful of ODI's in 2010 leading up to the WC in 2011.

I was expecting this announcement from Tendulkar right after WC 2011. IMO, that was his perfect opportunity to say good bye to at least ODI cricket.
Old December 24, 2012, 07:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Sachin played 80 ODI matches after the 2007 WC. How is that virtually retired? I would say he's been virtually retired from ODI since the 2011 world cup. Up till 2010 he was playing ODI for India pretty regularly. He played just a handful of ODI's in 2010 leading up to the WC in 2011.

I was expecting this announcement from Tendulkar right after WC 2011. IMO, that was his perfect opportunity to say good bye to at least ODI cricket.
80 ODIs after 07 world cup is not that many at all, esp when you factor out the 11 WC and AC you're left with 65 or so matches. India have probably played 200 ODIs or more in that time span.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 24, 2012, 11:34 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
80 ODIs after 07 world cup is not that many at all, esp when you factor out the 11 WC and AC you're left with 65 or so matches. India have probably played 200 ODIs or more in that time span.
You make absolutely no sense. He played the 2011 WC and was a big run getter and you are calling him virtually retired after WC 2007? He scored the double hundred in ODI also after that WC 07.
Old December 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Dhoni played roughly 150 ODI games after 2007 WC. So Sachin played over 50% of the games Dhoni's played in. How exactly is that virtual retirement? If Dhoni's played in about 150 ODIs that means at best India played 170 ODI's during that time span, not 200, that's including WC games and Asia cup.

Where exactly are you trying to go with this? Just because Tendulkar didn't play every single ODI's in that time span doesn't mean he retired. Some of his best innings came after WC 2007, including the first double hundred in the ODI history and that 175 against Australia. It's a given fact that he reduced the number of games significantly after the 2007 in order to pro long his career and play WC 2011 at his home.
Old December 25, 2012, 01:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Dhoni played roughly 150 ODI games after 2007 WC. So Sachin played over 50% of the games Dhoni's played in. How exactly is that virtual retirement? If Dhoni's played in about 150 ODIs that means at best India played 170 ODI's during that time span, not 200, that's including WC games and Asia cup.

Where exactly are you trying to go with this? Just because Tendulkar didn't play every single ODI's in that time span doesn't mean he retired. Some of his best innings came after WC 2007, including the first double hundred in the ODI history and that 175 against Australia. It's a given fact that he reduced the number of games significantly after the 2007 in order to pro long his career and play at his home for the 2011 WC.
Dude just get a lawyer and file a law suit. I'll be happy to settle out of court. Apologies for stepping over your sensitive toes.

#OneTeam1Dream