facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 5, 2017, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

iDumb, does have a point however,

The racial makeup of the neighborhood was 11.2% (7,078) White, 11.1% (6,960) African American, 1.0% (657) Native American, 27.4% (17,252) Asian, 0.2% (116) Pacific Islander, 6.6% (4,139) from other races, and 6.6% (4,136) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 36.0% (22,644) of the population.[Wiki)

Originally, many European families (Italian, Dutch, British, Irish, Scots, Danish, and German) lived in Richmond Hill.[17][30] In the 1970s, the neighborhood was predominantly Hispanic.[10][17] Today, the south side of Richmond Hill consists mostly of South Asian Americans (Indians and Bangladeshis) and Caribbean Americans (Trinidadians, Guyanese, and Jamaicans), who have steadily emigrated to the United States since the 1970s.[17][40] Richmond Hill also has the largest Sikh population in the city

Old July 5, 2017, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

And the guy from all the way Sydney Australia settles it with his 2010 daily news link.

Couple of decades ago Astoria Queens was a big Bangladeshi immigrant settlement location. Every other Bangladeshi was settling there. Fast forward to now.. there is a massive white migration there... these are changing demographics... Ramnants of those previous Bangladeshis are still there but for a new Bangladeshi immigrant to be in astoria right now, they would have to sell all their GUSTIs land to afford to settle there...

It takes less than a decade to change the complexity of a location.

Census data from 2010 is irrelevant.
Old July 5, 2017, 03:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
5 businesses that were previously run by guynese ppl overtaken by Bangladeshi in a single block is significant .... businesses tells u what type of local demand there is ... which is from the make up of local population ....

When Bangladeshi Muslims are infiltrating ... the bar / alcohol store is running out of business and being replaced by halal stores ..... if u don't understand this basic concept .... there is nothing to talk to u about ...
You calling me a fat aunty is a delicious piece of irony. I don't have to show the US census, you can look it up yourself. Besides, facts seem to go in one ear and out the other with you. I and Dinraat showed you several articles that call Richmond Hill "Little Guyana." But apparently that's not good enough for you.

So instead why don't you provide some facts that "Bangladeshi muslims are infiltrating." Show me that bars/alcohol stores are running out of business and being replaced by halal stores." Go ahead and show me this is happening. I'm supposed to just accept your BS while you demand I provide you with census data? Last I checked, plently of bars in Richmond Hill and clubs blasting soca music. Why havent those closed to cater to local demand? Try and prove that everything you said isn't just complete nonsensical ramblings. Otherwise shut up cause you sound like a twit. Like I said, desi aunty with her 2 cents.
Old July 5, 2017, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And the guy from all the way Sydney Australia settles it with his 2010 daily news link.

Couple of decades ago Astoria Queens was a big Bangladeshi immigrant settlement location. Every other Bangladeshi was settling there. Fast forward to now.. there is a massive white migration there... these are changing demographics... Ramnants of those previous Bangladeshis are still there but for a new Bangladeshi immigrant to be in astoria right now, they would have to sell all their GUSTIs land to afford to settle there...

It takes less than a decade to change the complexity of a location.

Census data from 2010 is irrelevant.
Well, duh. Nobody is denying immigrant communities don't change. Harlem used to be an Italian neighborhood. Now they have yuppies gentryfing the place. But that doesn't change the fact that it is synonymous with African-American culture. But by your logic, Harlem should be known as a yuppie place and nothing more. Census is not the best indicator but if a place is callled "Little (insert country here)" there is a very good reason for that, and to change that takes a big shift. Maybe in the future, the guyanese community in Richmond Hill will be tiny or not exist at all. But as of now, it is still indisputably Little Guyana. And that's a fact. Apparently calling it that gives you something of an identity crisis. Do you not like living in Little Guyana? Does it make you sad which is why you are getting so riled up? Here's some advice, just move rather than trying to pretend an entire community doesn't exist.
Old July 5, 2017, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I'm supposed to just accept your BS while you demand I provide you with census data? .
I did not demand anything.. you brought up census data saying my "anecdotal data" isn't good enough and I asked you to provide the census data that you speak of...

and even had you provided that (i know u wouldn't because i know what kind of argumenter u are... not much of a thinker really)...it wouldn't matter because you don't know how census data work...and how 2010 the last us census data would be irrelevant in a changing demographics as it will lag behind.

Now you are arguing my 5 business post is made up (u should have done that in your initial post) instead of now... because now you sound desperate!!

I dont' care what's richmond hill is called... asking a random guyanese guy "have you visited richmond hill LOL" makes a dumb nonsensical joke... because you can also apply the same for a bangladeshi... he can equally ask you " have you visited richmond hill lol" cuz there are a lot of bangladeshis and mosques in richmond hill.. but it sounds dumb doesn't it??
Old July 5, 2017, 04:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Well, duh. Nobody is denying immigrant communities don't change. Harlem used to be an Italian neighborhood. Now they have yuppies gentryfing the place. But that doesn't change the fact that it is synonymous with African-American culture. But by your logic, Harlem should be known as a yuppie place and nothing more. Census is not the best indicator.
wtf are you talking about. Gather your thoughts first then write please.
Old July 5, 2017, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
wtf are you talking about. Gather your thoughts first then write please.
Aunty says what now? This is rich coming from a guy talking about Tropical bars and hitting on fat ladies. And if you are going to quote me, quote all of it. Including the parts that disprove your BS. And certainly don't edit it. Pathetic!

You can't think of anything to justify your nonsense which is why you pretend that I'm being incoherent when anyone worth a salt can see how bafflingly idiotic your comments are. Rubbing your nose into a conversation, and trying to justify it by talking about some joke you seem to think I made, and then going off the rail with your supposed "anecdotal data" (now that's a laugh, I doubt you actually know what that means). and then avoiding having to respond by sinking even lower with your pathetic comments. You are a sad case and I'm done with you. Goodbye.

Last edited by Yankees; July 5, 2017 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Old July 5, 2017, 05:09 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

@idumb aka gaa e poira jhogra expert: Yankees referenced something to aklemalp, why on earth do you need to get your "aunty" nose into the conversation? You need to turn on the table fan and drink a glass of thanda pani
Old July 5, 2017, 05:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hehehehe....Jadukor da, I always have to admit - I love my idumb...Orpheus is super Gold...Hehehe!
Old July 5, 2017, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
@idumb aka gaa e poira jhogra expert: Yankees referenced something to aklemalp, why on earth do you need to get your "aunty" nose into the conversation? You need to turn on the table fan and drink a glass of thanda pani
I would not want to get involved in a fist fight with him.Looks like he will go hulk* any moment

(*Due to the volatility of BCites recently, this should be taken as a joke, not as a means of rocking the boat and starting a fight.In plain old english, just having some fun)
Old July 5, 2017, 09:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Just realized I have never visited Richmond Hill. Is that the area by Queens Mall?

on a different note, I am surprised that Guyanese are the fifth largest ethnic group in NYC (at 130,000+ from Yankees' article). I wonder what is the population of Bangladeshis in NYC? We surely have surpassed that.
Old July 5, 2017, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Just realized I have never visited Richmond Hill. Is that the area by Queens Mall?

on a different note, I am surprised that Guyanese are the fifth largest ethnic group in NYC (at 130,000+ from Yankees' article). I wonder what is the population of Bangladeshis in NYC? We surely have surpassed that.
Has to be 250k plus I am assuming since it was close to 150k in 2010. But unofficially this number has to be close to 400k by now.
Old July 5, 2017, 10:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Has to be 250k plus I am assuming since it was close to 150k in 2010. But unofficially this number has to be close to 400k by now.
2010 census said 50k Bangladeshis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladeshi_Americans)

but we all know that is not true. Jackson Heights alone has that many people on a typical weekend lol.

what's surprising is 32% poverty rate. I don't think I met any "poor" Bangladeshi in NYC. Just hiding income for tax purposes and food stamps.
Old July 5, 2017, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Yesterday watched a documentary on BBC showing how Bangladeshis are flooding into Italy. Some of the stories were sad, like fake promises made, taking money from people's relatives by faking video that they have been kidnapped and they need to pay ransom money. Apart from UK and US, which other countries have lots of Bangladeshi? Not sure if we have a thread on that.
Old July 5, 2017, 11:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Yesterday watched a documentary on BBC showing how Bangladeshis are flooding into Italy. Some of the stories were sad, like fake promises made, taking money from people's relatives by faking video that they have been kidnapped and they need to pay ransom money. Apart from UK and US, which other countries have lots of Bangladeshi? Not sure if we have a thread on that.
had a friend visiting Italy and said a lot of the street vendors in venice/naples are Bangladeshi (and most of them are illegals).

Middle East and South Asia (Malaysia/Singapore) has the biggest Bangladeshi diaspora. But as they are "temporary" workers, they don't have much cultural impact. So for western countries, after UK/USA -- Australia/Canada has the most # of Bangladeshis. Recently people are now exploring Germany (relaxed immigration for higher education) and few other Scandinavian countries.
Old July 5, 2017, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
2010 census said 50k Bangladeshis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladeshi_Americans)
you can't go by outdated census data specially when it comes to Bangladeshis. Numbers Roman bhai guesstimated is surprisingly very accurate it seems.; Look at the number in your link in the upper right corner with citation.... it is listed as half a million Bangladeshis....

even 2010 census data is dead wrong (obviously they are not counting the illegals, also the methodology needs to be reviewed for more accurate critique)

The area near queens mall is not richmond hill... it's more Elmhurst/Rego park, I grew up there... it's mostly overtaken by chinese population now... when I was there it was significantly dominated by hispanics and Bangaldeshis such such myself were coming in... but now it's overwhelmingly getting chinese...

RIchmond hill is more in southern jamaica area and you probably didn't ever go there it's because you didn't need to.... There isn't any "hub" that's going on there... and it hasn't been a safer part of queens but it is changing now.... houses are still somewhat affordable there.. once it goes full scale Bangladeshi - that will no longer be the case :p Give it 1 more decade.

Invasion of Banglaeshis are driving out lot of these previously dominated group...
Old July 5, 2017, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
had a friend visiting Italy and said a lot of the street vendors in venice/naples are Bangladeshi (and most of them are illegals).

Middle East and South Asia (Malaysia/Singapore) has the biggest Bangladeshi diaspora. But as they are "temporary" workers, they don't have much cultural impact. So for western countries, after UK/USA -- Australia/Canada has the most # of Bangladeshis. Recently people are now exploring Germany (relaxed immigration for higher education) and few other Scandinavian countries.
There seems to be a lot of Bangladeshis living illegally in most countries (those mentioned in the post) I think the crackdown and the rapid focus on immigration around the world will mean a lot of them has to return to BD.

One of my cousin works in middle east, he say's that the people there consider Bangladeshis as Miskin (Poor people) and show immense disrespect. Apart from middle east, where most are "temporary" workers as pointed out, I can't see how those illegal people will survive in the long term in EU countries, sooner they will be haunted down and sent home. The focus on immigration is HUGE! compared to any other times before.
Old July 5, 2017, 01:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Display Options Currently Active Users Moderators
Showing threads 1 to 40 of 5865 30 (1 members & 26 guests) Moderators : 14

Tigers_eye
RazabQ, Tintin, ammark, AsifTheManRahman, Rubu, kalpurush, shuziburo, PoorFan, tonoy, Navo, Jadukor, Nadim, Night_wolf, horizon