facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 28, 2018, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
BCB needs to focus on these four things. Surprising and kinda pathetic that none has been addressed yet after all these years.

1. Schedule more A-team bilateral series. It can't too hard to schedule them, and they're much needed considering players' successes in domestic competitions almost never translate to success in internationals.

2. Domestic pitches should mimic internationals'. When four quick wickets fall, our batsmen can still bat at 100 SR in domestics, and that's what they're used to. No wonder they fail in int'ls. The plethora of SLAs have to throw darts on those wickets, and no wonder we've no good SLAs or spinners in general besides Shakib. This isn't a hard fix either.

3. Why is there only one BKSP? There should be one in every zela. Seek the govt's help, focus on this instead of building unfinished stadiums.

4. Change the coaching at age groups/BKSP so that we don't just produce #4/5s and develop more professional and mentally stronger players. We need finishers and #3s too. And batsmen with better nerves, shot selection, strike rotation, and footwork.
You are spot on about no. 4/5

I've seen that there are two types of players - openers or middle order batsman. Lack of a proper no. 3 or a designated finisher. Need some strong fellas doing the finishing role like Hardik Pandya

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old June 5, 2018, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Embarrassing series loss but on a positive note again a much needed reminder to BCB that cricket is not heading to a bright future as they think
Old June 5, 2018, 01:05 PM
Cricket Sage

What wake-up call? Dead never wake up from grave.
Old June 5, 2018, 01:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

u can wake up someone who is pretending to sleep
Old June 5, 2018, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I really dont want BD to win the last match. I am sure if they win, they will say first 2 matches were fluke. We could not play according to our potential. And this is what our standard is. Everything will be forgotten. Shakib will continue be our hero, Shabbir will continue to be a child beater, Mushfiq will continue to keep, Walsh will continue to coach, Tamim will continue to be happy with dismal SR.
Nothing will be done. Need 3-0 thrashing. Only and I Hope only then BCB will wake the eff up
Old June 5, 2018, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I really dont want BD to win the last match. I am sure if they win, they will say first 2 matches were fluke. We could not play according to our potential. And this is what our standard is. Everything will be forgotten. Shakib will continue be our hero, Shabbir will continue to be a child beater, Mushfiq will continue to keep, Walsh will continue to coach, Tamim will continue to be happy with dismal SR.
Nothing will be done. Need 3-0 thrashing. Only and I Hope only then BCB will wake the eff up
Agree. Except Sabbir the child beater thing. I’m sure he won’t do that again publicly.

But rest. I’m with you. For the sake of Bangladesh future cricket. Afghanistan has to beat BD 3-0. The all calls will be calling.
Old June 5, 2018, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

.... that's what I was afraid of when Haturu left. Regardless of all his faults, Our team need a disciplinarian coach not a fatherly figure coach where players can sing and dance and take it easy.

In the report it says Tamim is taking good diet, so he must be more fit. It really so? Then how come Tamim look so tired after batting 10 overs? How come so many core players are all out of form?

Did the team really prepared for the series or just had some good relaxed time goofing with the buddies? Our core players got enough good coaching from good coaches and experience from last 7-10 years. How come they still makes same mistake gaian and again and go back to old habit? By this time they (core palyers) should have enough knowledge to self train themselves like a true experienced professional. Why they still need training basic stuff from coach ( that they are already being trained before)? Why they need pampering?

I hope the current coach is a strict disciplinarian. Otherwise we are screwed. because this core players a all cry babies, don't know what is good for them professionally.
Old June 5, 2018, 02:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

What use is finding talent when you don’t give them proper chances while you select rejects in the team like Nasir, Shafiul and Abul and that 30 year old guy?
Old June 5, 2018, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

What I have been saying from 2 years ago....

No, now it's too late. Now, best shot is to privatize BCB.
Old June 5, 2018, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

BCB kept ignoring decent pacers like Robiul, Zia, Al-Amin, forgot that takku in Tests.
And, they stuck with a few pacers. All of a sudden, those pacers are toothless and now we have no one to turn to. If we had played all those ignored pacers, their skills would have improved and there would have been competition between the pacers for spots.
Old June 5, 2018, 05:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Honestly the talent is there it's a combination of developing the talent and players also taking accountability. If a player wants to succeed in international cricket then they need high expectations of themselves, they need to aspire to become a Kumar sangakkara or a wasim akram. I think part of it is that the players just don't want it that badly, I mean look at the thread that was pulled up about mushy saying how long it'll take to find another mushy, shakib or tamim, he was doing ok at that time and even now but he wasn't a great player then and he still isn't now so what was mushy saying? It'll take another 8 years to uncover 3 players with international quality talent and perform mid range most of the time? It's like he was tooting his own horn but mushy really, nothing to toot about there, say something like this when you by international standards are a top quality player.

It's like being the best of a bad bunch, better than the rest in your group but poor by everyone else's standards.

So as I said, talent is there, yes BCB have to take responsibility, so do the players, they need to aim to have the great careers and not careers that are just considered great by BD standards because no one else in BD has gone there yet.

Yes mushy, shakib and tamim have played an important role in BD cricket but I feel that they've stifled the younger talent and not been good role models for them to progress BD cricket which is a shame because it's something the 3 have done very well but it's almost like they can't handle BD cricket moving onto bigger and better things without them, because I've got to say, at least with mushy and Tamim there are definitely players in BD who possess similar talent to them and mushy and tamim aren't consistently top tier so these players have the ability to have better careers than them and BD cricket is at a better level than when they started so what's stopping it from progressing now?

Mushy, shakib and tamim should be trying to teach youngsters to be better than them, instead they just give off the vibe that maybe just maybe if you're good enough you'll be as good as us one day, but not many of you will get there, it's rare.

You know how many mushy's and tamim's there are in other countries? And I don't mean on talent, they do have special talent, but on performance, sorry nup, plenty of players out there as good or better than them. Shakib is different, he could be better and a better role model but his talent is much more unique, probably one of the most naturally gifted cricketers you could ever come across, I mean he could've averaged somewhere between 25-28 as a spin bowler in the main two formats and 40 with the bat and been a consistent match winner in both batting and bowling, that is very very rare. He's actually not far off achieving that in ODIs.