facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2005, 01:09 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default External Item: Handsome bonuses for cricketers

According to Daily Star each player will receive Tk 2.5 lakh for being a member of the Test series squad against Zimbabwe while a victorious one-day squad during the NatWest Series will receive Tk 1.5 lakh.

more>>

Edited on, July 19, 2005, 6:10 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Old July 19, 2005, 01:31 PM
Test Cricketer

This taka's could 've been used to feed the poor in our country.

Our players have got enough money to sustain.

Dont like the idea of giving them the money rather than giving Enamul Haque Jnr an award.....
Old July 19, 2005, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I guessthey forgot what happened to our team after ICC trophy and 1999 WC
Old July 19, 2005, 02:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I guessthey forgot what happened to our team after ICC trophy and 1999 WC
BD Cricketers nowadays sport a totally different attitude than the post-ICC Trophy and WC99 days. The current bunch are much more professional and have grown in stature. Therefore, I think its pretty safe to say that these cash bonuses wont harm the mindsets of our players.
Old July 19, 2005, 02:06 PM
Club Cricketer

could have invest it in youth system, so every club, or divisions has their own youth system. So club could produce young cricket playing trough the youth rank and guide them through to their first team.

or in any other way we should have invest this money, not giving away as income........e.g. new grounds in dhaka or set up bowling camp as some of u suggested.
Old July 19, 2005, 02:30 PM
Club Cricketer

I am happy that they are receiving these bonuses. what is all this trash talk about it could have been used somewhere else. no matter what you guys say, money is important in life and a good player should not have to do any other type of work. That should be our aim but we are a poor country and have limitations. So, whatever these players are getting its good. Cricket needs to be seen as a profession as well as a sport by young ones and specially by their parents and only then we can have a really bright future. How do you think the western countries have such successfull teams?
Old July 19, 2005, 08:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

i find nothing wrong in paying the players for winning matches.it gives them financial freedom and also inspires current and future cricketers to take the game more seriously.if players were making this much money when some of us used to play,a lot of us would atleast have given a sincere thought about becoming professional cricketers.
Old July 19, 2005, 08:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

I agree absolutely that performance desrves financial reward. However, remunerations only for the national team will not encourage cricket as a profession. For this to be a reality, the leagues need to be heavily funded, and this has to come from public support.. not only the govt.
Old July 19, 2005, 09:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

reward:
a hundred in 100 balls should get $5,000.

accountability:
making below 20; have to pay back the training cost per day.
Old July 19, 2005, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

If you add all of this up it still is a insignificant sum of money. Spending this amount on players is not going to take anything away from anything. BCB is one of the most well funded organizations in BD.

And if anyone thinks by giving each player 3/4 hundred grand is spoiling them or it'll get to their heads then I must say they haven't followed BD cricket as clsoly as some of us.
Old July 19, 2005, 10:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
i find nothing wrong in paying the players for winning matches.it gives them financial freedom and also inspires current and future cricketers to take the game more seriously.if players were making this much money when some of us used to play,a lot of us would atleast have given a sincere thought about becoming professional cricketers.
true that!
Old July 19, 2005, 11:16 PM
Street Cricketer

I am utterly disappointed on disturbing and disingenuous comments made by some immature individual. How does he know that our players have gotten enough money to sustain? My suggestion is that he ought to find some financial backgrounds/facts about Rafique, Enamul Haque Jr or Ash after reading this post.Regardless of their financial backgrounds, weather poor or rich, these are professional players and they deserve it. I would hope and recommend that this is just the beginning and BCB would expand the rewarding scope and our business/corporate community would contribute more for a better financial scheme.

I anticipate that some day, hopefully in our lifetime, some of our players would make millions of dollars like Sachin Tendulkar and become household names in the World.

Edited on, July 20, 2005, 4:21 AM GMT, by BDCL.
Old July 20, 2005, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

They should let the players keep the 100% of their M.O.M. awards instead of forcing them to share it. That would be better than giving this kind of money rewards.
Old July 20, 2005, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Spitfire,

Nope, cricket's a team game. It's appropriate to share all the prize money equally.

Anyway, star players will get bat contracts etc etc etc

Ian Whitchurch
Old July 20, 2005, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Ian, is there any other country which forces the players to share their personal prize money? (like M.O.M. and M.O.S. award)
Old July 20, 2005, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Ian, is there any other country which forces the players to share their personal prize money? (like M.O.M. and M.O.S. award)
Spitfire_x86,
I am not sure about whether forced or not ...........but i heard in a prize giving ceremony Ramnaresh Sarwan (who was MOM on that match) saying the whole team gonna share the money.
Old July 20, 2005, 01:40 PM
Club Cricketer

I personally think that the amount of bonus is too much compared to their performance. Players should be rewarded, but I think they need to earn it with consistent performance. It reflects BD mentality - one win here and right after that big parties and make heros.
Old July 20, 2005, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Spitfire,

The Australian rugby union team has done it for years.

Ian WHitchurch
Old July 20, 2005, 07:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

I agree with most on this thread that financial reward is important. It rewards good performance, and motivates youngsters to take up the sport. As selfish as it is, money does make the world go 'round.

However, I hope that the administration do not reward unjustly. Personally, I think that they should not have rewarded the players 1.5 lakhs for the natwest vistory. It was just one ODI match, and they did not make the finals. Yes, it was a great victory, but rewarding players for one-off victories in series, regardless of the enormity of the win, is not a constructive thing. What do you guys think?
Old July 20, 2005, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Jabbar,

They knocked over the bloody world champions, and then they followed it with scoring 250 against them.

What they did was bought Bangladesh a legitimate shot of being invited to Australia as the third side in a future three-cornered contest, because Channel 9 know that Ashraful and the rest of them will give the punters some good entertainment.

And thats worth a great deal to the Bangladesh Cricket Board.

Ian Whitchurch
Old July 21, 2005, 01:29 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW
Jabbar,

They knocked over the bloody world champions, and then they followed it with scoring 250 against them.

What they did was bought Bangladesh a legitimate shot of being invited to Australia as the third side in a future three-cornered contest, because Channel 9 know that Ashraful and the rest of them will give the punters some good entertainment.

Ian Whitchurch
well thought out comment
Old July 21, 2005, 09:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by left-hander
Quote:
Originally posted by IanW
Jabbar,

Ian Whitchurch
We need more left handers in the team ;-)
well thought out comment
Old July 22, 2005, 01:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool

We need more left handers in the team ;-)
well thought out comment
definitely!

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 6:48 PM GMT, by left-hander.
Old July 22, 2005, 02:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:

Well... the word 'force' doesn't really fit here...
Sharing MOM or MOS awards between team-mates is nothing new at all... infact it is a commonly-practiced thing.. and yes... among other teams as well. Its something like a traditional way of sharing the spirit of success.

And about the awards...
well.. these awards are only a part of establishing high-end proffessionalism into Bangladesh Cricket. We fans better get used to it... as these are quite usual ways to enhance the value of high performance among future youngstars!