facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 19, 2006, 07:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Default The new jaijaidin :(

Hello, i have a doubt how many of you are jaijaidin fan but i couldn't get proper forum to talk about it. Jaijaidin has recently turned into daily newspaper from weekly magazine. So far the performance, really suck. The weekly magazine was so far better and i used to enjoy reading it. Now why should i read jaijaidin anymore? There are plenty of daily newspapers online which are infact much better in contents and news. Their website is not at all user friendly and arrangement of news is not proper. There is no article like b4.
Well, i'm not sure whether they are still publishing their weekly jaijaidin magazine. Coz i don't find that online anymore.
www.jaijaidin.com

Old June 19, 2006, 07:59 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I am really surprised to see the below par performance of Daily Jaijaidin. I have not expected this from Shafiq Rehman. I was reading Jai Jai din for the last 10-15 years and new look jai Jai Din is really disgusting.
Old June 19, 2006, 08:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Miraz, do you know whether the jaijaidin weekly magazine still exist or not? or is it just dead?
Shafiq rehman has gone too commercial these days. I heard he got the land for free where his new jaijaidin office is located. He exploited the goverment official by saying abt the daily jaijaidin newspaper and hence applied for land. ANyway, don't know how much true it is.
Old June 19, 2006, 08:57 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Jaijaidin weekly does not exist right at the moment. Shafiq Rehman will bring it again if daily fails.
Old June 19, 2006, 10:01 AM
Test Cricketer

ya my dad was a fan of jaijai din....still is probably .....i didnt like it coz i wudnt understand most of the talks there.....that was in the old days..
Old June 19, 2006, 05:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

I WAS a Jai Jai Din fan for long time. Before BNP's current term they somehow maintained their balance. However, recently (specially after 2000) they turned into a government propoganda machine. They still do criticize oppositions (most of the times rightly); but they fail to do so for governments wrong doing these days - instead they try to spin it in their way.
Old June 19, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

jai-Jai Core-o Jai-Jai-er Din ar to Jai na. Ebar Money Hoi Asoleyee Jabee.
Old June 19, 2006, 09:03 PM
Cricket Legend

একি আশ্চর্য দেখিলাম!বাংলা যায়যাদিন এ বাংলাদেশেরই মানুষ বাংলার কথা বলে বাংলিশে লিখে!ছিঃ ছিঃ কি লজ্জা...ধিক তোমায় যায়যায়দিন।
ইংরেজি লিখার যদি এতই শখ থাকে তাহলে ইংরেজি সংবাদপত্র বের করলেই পারে!নাহলে এক কাজ করা যাক। ইংরেজি কাগজ বের করে তার মাঝে মাঝে বাংলা ঢুকিয়ে দিলে কেমন হয়? ঠিক যেন এই উক্তির মত "আগে নাটকের মাঝে মাঝে বিজ্ঞাপন দিত আর এখন বিজ্ঞাপনের মাঝে মাঝে নাটক দেয়"

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 20, 2006, 03:37 AM
Test Cricketer

I wanted to mail jaijaidin, but they haven't provided any email address on their site.....Probably they know that they will be showered by hate mails. I used like jaijadin just coz of their authors. Never used to read political news though.
Old June 21, 2006, 04:41 AM
Test Cricketer

i guess jai jai din's new innovation kinda backfired...

jaijaidin was better off the way it was.....their conversion to a daily newspaper is like Times magazine merging with playboy magazine....a sure failure...
Old July 16, 2006, 10:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Yeah I agree to the point that New Jaijidin is not in the same league as old weekly one. But let us wait and see. If I am not misteken Jaijaidin tried the daily format once before. That attempt failed. Let us see whether they can improve enough to keep their old fan base intact.
Old July 16, 2006, 10:36 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

New Jai Jai din is getting better every day. The OLD Jai Jai Din is published on every Tuesday as 'Politics and Society' supplement of Jai Jai Din.

Still not up to the mark as a National Daily. Keeping my finger crossed.
Old July 16, 2006, 01:14 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I hardly read this mag, haven't read the daily yet but if it's as bad as people are saying then I suppose Daily Jaijaidin will be counting its days soon..
Old July 16, 2006, 05:20 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
I wanted to mail jaijaidin, but they haven't provided any email address on their site.....Probably they know that they will be showered by hate mails. I used like jaijadin just coz of their authors. Never used to read political news though.
they do. look at the bottom of the page. I wrote them about changing the font as it was hard to read the hand writing style font, and now look, its traight!

about being it daily, i do not read it anymore. I enjoyed the weekly. I asked them about the special editions such as eid shankha or valentine day shanka and they said those will be printed as usual. but I miss the regular features. there are so many of the dailies, jajadi had no need to be one.

on the side note, I did not like its too BNP supported write ups. how is daily doing from that point of view?
Old July 17, 2006, 02:22 PM
Test Cricketer

It' is just irritating reading jaijaidin these days......even their daily news website is not updated on time..they are a day delay all the time....ya it's true- all what they are doing is buttering BNP......i'm not comfortable with their new format..i guess old format was more user friendly and more apna apna...
Old July 17, 2006, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

jaijaidin er Din jai Jai kortese... Mone hoi je cono din chiro diner jonno chole jabe.
Old July 18, 2006, 03:14 AM
Street Cricketer

Jaijaidin sports mail id.....jjd_sports@yahoo.com or jjd_sports@gmail.com
Old July 21, 2006, 04:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Welcome somoy to BC
Old July 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

I would be happy as long as they publish "prem lila"
Old July 22, 2006, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

JJD doinik is rubbish,specially their new spelling system.
Old October 27, 2006, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Jai Jai Din shuts down
Staff Correspondent
Jai Jai Din, the latest Bangla daily that began with a big bang, suspended its publication indefinitely on Friday, putting all its newsmen and employees in utter uncertainty.
Its management in a notice pasted on the wall of the newspaper house claimed that its power generator was out of order and the DESA power supply was not enough to keep the daily up and running.
The management also cut 104 jobs, including that of its chief news editor Amit Habib. Half of the sacked staff were stationed at its Dhaka office and the rest at its bureau offices across the country.
Some quarters find it significant that the shutdown that caused the country’s largest loss of media jobs in a single day coincided with the end of the BNP-led 4-party alliance government’s tenure on Friday.

The timing is interesting. No more free money anymore may be?
Old October 27, 2006, 03:28 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Timing could have been co-incidence (i would have called it co-incidence unless it was jaijaidin). but it was due to happen when they turned the weekly to daily. that was a bad move.

they should go back to the way it was.

Another bad move is turning prothom-alo online into subcription. my guess is, it will go back to original soon as well.
Old October 27, 2006, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Well you don't see a sharee store closing their business just before eid. If they need to close it they do it after eid to milk some last money.

With the current political situation, this is equivalent to pre-eid time for any news media. Ususally even a struggling new media would wait upto next election before shutting down.

Thats why it makes more fishy.

btw the current jai jai din is not your old 'jai jai din' any more where they used play a public shadow police role pointing out any current government's (either BNP or Al or JP) power abuse.
Old October 27, 2006, 09:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Well you don't see a sharee store closing their business just before eid. If they need to close it they do it after eid to milk some last money.

With the current political situation, this is equivalent to pre-eid time for any news media. Ususally even a struggling new media would wait upto next election before shutting down.

Thats why it makes more fishy.

btw the current jai jai din is not your old 'jai jai din' any more where they used play a public shadow police role pointing out any current government's (either BNP or Al or JP) power abuse.
Fazal vai, you are absolutely spot on!! Reading the paper in Prothom-alo it gave me the same idea. Just the time to switch. Wait and see. And then surface again.

My account of JaiJaiDin:
It bloomed as the anti-Ershad/JP front, atleast to my memory....even at the early years of Ershad. It was the most vocal opponent of the Army-Power. You might know how S. Rehman was miserably treated by HOMOErshad! Then on Jaijaidin kept the tone of Anti-gov flavor, irrespective of Party and Power. The Magazine worked as if they used microscope to find out the faults and follies and provided visionary solutions. To me that was the most modern version of weekly journalism. To our friends, that was the polotical entertainment.

But then he fell for the disgraceful attitude of Aggabahi shangbadik and lost in the middle of a chaotic competitions of aggabohon! Hah! Jaijaidin is dead at that day. Probably he thought he would be able to keep his morale high, even if he walks in the mud. But he has been degraded in the mud!

I am sorry that JJDin is really dead!I know Shafik Rehman will be back in business, in what ever form.

About Prothom-alo: it is really a bad move. Hope they would switch back.

Last edited by Duck; October 27, 2006 at 10:04 PM..
Old October 27, 2006, 10:35 PM
Test Cricketer

the quality of jaijaidin became really bad ever since they started publishign the daily news.....totally chamchami of BNP.......it was one of my favourite magazine and i really used to enjoy it. Rehman solely destroyed it.