facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 1, 2006, 03:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees
Post Zimbabwe tour..Curse or Blessing?

Blessing

I think.. we should be happy with whatever BD's doing right now..beating Zimbabwe easily in 2 matches doesnt mean they are just done..I mean common we recently lost 3-2 to them! We ask our cricketers to be patient..what are we doing now? we are being impatient..as soon BD's doing well..just in 2-3 matches though..we want them to play the big guns..that will actually ruin the current form or flow we are having.
And again..our points wont change anything.. Whatever ICC has given to BD..they will have to get it done first! And since they are doing it easily..why objecting about it? Lets just be happy about it!
We always live in the present .. " NOW "
Not in the future..
So i actually OBJECT everyone who are saying that this Zimbabwe series is ruining Bangladesh's performance and its a curse to our players..because it is not..Its giving us confidence and good stats..which we badly need.
Look at Inzamam < the great test batsman.. He has more than 2 thousand runs scored against Zim,Bangladesh..doesnt he play good? Yes he does.
We need the taste of victory..and only playing minnows can give us that ..at the moment.
If Shahriar Nafees can score easily with Zimbabwe..He's building his confidence..when he'll play big guns..He'll have the confidence behind him..and He'll himself continue his flow. So lets not whine about good things we are getting..lets take it positively..lets not be typical 'bangalis' whining about everything. Age amra Zimbabwe ke harate partam na..but just that we defeated them 8 times in 2 years..we think we are wasting time on them..thats not true.
Anyway..If i write everything i feel on this topic.. It would be 10-11 pages..
So go ahead.. post your feelings on it.

No hardfeelings by the way.

Thanks!

Old December 1, 2006, 07:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
...So i actually OBJECT everyone who are saying that this Zimbabwe series is ruining Bangladesh's performance and its a curse to our players..
Really? Who said it's a curse? I thought everybody feels that we could've had the time well-spent had ICC not planned to screw us over by not letting us play the big teams along with the minnows.

But really, who said it's a curse? Bring him/her/them here. Ajke ore ekdin ki amar dui tin din bujhay debo
Old December 1, 2006, 10:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

whoah, u just called them minnows, can one minnow call another minnow minnow?

anyway i dont think anyone is complaining here, any cricket coming our way is a blessing.
Old December 1, 2006, 10:58 PM
Club Cricketer

One thing that this series will do good to BD is that they are going to taste what winning really taste like..... and lemme tell you this , it tastes sweet.
Old December 1, 2006, 11:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
Blessing
So i actually OBJECT everyone who are saying that this Zimbabwe series is ruining Bangladesh's performance and its a curse to our players..because it is not..Its giving us confidence and good stats..which we badly need.
Incase you have not noticed... most people on this board are unhappy because BD is unable to play stronger teams along with ZIM & Kenya...not because of the 'possible bad impact(!)' of playing against ZIM/Kenya And if someone thinks that it can harm us ... that is solely his/personal opinion also which he/she is entitled to have.

But when it comes to opening threads... this is surely one of the worst topics to put on the table... since Bangladesh team itself is still to become consistant in performance and most of the top teams still beat us consistantly and convincingly. Moreover... this discussion is going on in full swing in the other related threads...please keep this rather controvercial discussions in that thread.

Last edited by Ahmed_B; December 3, 2006 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: mod.content: Lock notice removed.
Old December 2, 2006, 05:56 PM
Retired BC Admin

The thread has now been opened to encourrage healthy discussion.
Old December 2, 2006, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

i think curse is the wrong word here. but its not a blessing either. we dont hav much to lose here.but the boys can gain a lot though.like wat it feels like scoring tons. picking up wickets,winning. still these small series doesnt help us really all that against the big teams.

wow Chinaman actually reopened a thread !!!! i though he only knew how to close themjust kidding. this thread aint that bad . there are worse ones.
Old December 3, 2006, 11:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Thanks to everyone for their views.
Thanks chinaman for reopening..we actually do need some thread where different people come out with different opinion..not like the ones " wow SN's the best player " and everyone posting "i agree".

Ahmed_B : Bangladesh has played better cricket than India in last 1.5 Years..which includes Bangladesh facing Australia,Sri-Lanka,WI. So I dont really agree with most of you said..but thanks for your views.
Old December 3, 2006, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Well certainly bd didn't asked to play only minows. They had no option but to play them or not play at all. SO i don't see any point on asking this question. I would have under stood if BD wanted to play only them when they had other options but they don't. Its like asking why the begger is eatting on the leaf not on a plate. I hope every body gets my point here.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 3, 2006, 06:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Well certainly bd didn't asked to play only minows. They had no option but to play them or not play at all. SO i don't see any point on asking this question. I would have under stood if BD wanted to play only them when they had other options but they don't. Its like asking why the begger is eatting on the leaf not on a plate. I hope every body gets my point here.
Kabir bhai...since we have the same name, I would like to say..."Damn, I thought I'm the only smart one around...but I guess all Kabirs are smart! " And the most interesting part is, I get your point too
Old December 3, 2006, 07:13 PM
Retired BC Admin

Please do not call them minnows. Remember how we feel when others refer to us like that? We should respect our opponents if we expect the same from them. Besides, by all means, we are still the monnows as well whether we agree or not.