facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old December 11, 2002, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Just face it, WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

In the last two days, I have read so many posts full of analysis about our performance and who to blame and what could be done differently, I kind of get the feeling that you guys are all hiding from the real issue.

So, I am going to give it to you straight. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY AT THIS LEVEL!! No player in Bangladesh is Test class. Thats just how it is. A few(Kapali, Masri, Ash) have the potential perhaps to become test class players. But right now, we don't have any. We could select different players, the coach could give his motivational speeches, ta da ta da ta da, bottom line is, our players are just not upto the standard. Its like Tehsin bhai, Rajputro, Nasif, Subho and I taking on the Chicago Bulls! No amount of coaching or motivation can help us. We would probably go down 300 to 4. What would be the point of blaming us or our coach or go into a discussion about whether Orpheus or Arnab should have been picked instead of me? Complete waste of time.

From what I saw against Pakistan in Jan and against SL in July, our batsmen are technically very suspect. Their heads dont stay still, their footwork is messed up (its not about moving your feet, its about moving it to the right areas) and they have no idea about which balls to leave and which to play. Unless the next generation of BD batsmen are more technically correct, our run of low scores will not end. Courage and guts like Pilot has shown over and over again are very useful attributes. But if your game is just not good enough, then there is very little that can be done.

[Edited on 11-12-2002 by Sham]

Old December 11, 2002, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

You guys have probably realized having read the previous post that I am very upset by our performance. Everytime Bangladesh plays a game of cricket, the feeling is the same as asking out a girl and getting slapped in the face in return. You go in with a heart full of hope and come out abused and emotionally scarred!
Old December 11, 2002, 08:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

We are not that BAD either.
Old December 11, 2002, 08:54 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Slapped ?

It's more like getting kneed.

OKay, our players are not good enough for test cricket but they are not bad enough to go from 80 for 3 to 87 all out. That' where we get all worked up.

We know what they can do and we pretty much expect it, I DO. But, to lose by an innings and 310 runs ? That is definitely not us. We should have scored our usual 150-250 on both innings. Not getting there is the big dissapointment. Also, not being able to close down opponents between 400-450 is the dissapointment. I'm not surprised that they score 300. But here is the thing, how come none of our opponents have a bad innings ? That's just amazing. Manush bored hoyeo to shob wicket harate parey taratari, we don't even get that.
Old December 11, 2002, 09:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default My Solution

Of course we're not good enough and we won't be until we have the following in place:

1. A good domestic competition.Frankly speaking, I'd rather watch Pura Cup matches than Bangladesh play, so rich is the talent there.And what do we have?Nada.During the off season, we should send our teams at varying age levels overseas, esp. in Austarlia, NZ and England. E.g-Hasan Raza played 3 seasons of junior county cricket before breaking into the team again.

2. A good youth system. I think we already have that.Our kids are putting up good performances consistently.But we need more visits to Academies and such.

3.A good selection system.But thatz asking for too much I guess.
Old December 11, 2002, 11:12 PM
Banned

Sorry, I hate to put a low ring to all this..but really, how is all this going to help at all ??

Some kind of fantasy driven game we are playing here, only, are we not ? The sooner you realize that, the lesser the pain.

Lets just sit back and enjoy, regrdless ! I know I will.
Old December 12, 2002, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Who gives a toss?

Does it really matter whether we're good enough or not? At least I get to see BDeshis on TV for f***'s sake! I get to see BDeshi sportsmen representing our colors, instead of floods, cyclones, bombings, crappy politics, etc.

I'd like to see consistent improvements though, as was the case under Saber Hossain. As things stand now, we're getting worse, which is a real shame.
Old December 12, 2002, 05:38 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I am pretty sure if our players can play on good wickets - for 2 to 3 seasons aktana, then their performance at the international level will improve dramatically.

After all, 97 ICC trophy win didn't come in just a single day, neither did our win against Kenya, Scotland and finally Pakistan.

Before 97, there was 79, 82, 86, 90, and espcially 94 ICC tournament in which our former national players have all given us and our older generations - who used to keep news of cricket at those times - just a bag full of disappointment.
Old December 12, 2002, 09:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Obviously I'm frustrated with our cricketers.But I'm even more frustrated with the ourselves.Yes, we're going through a turbulent period--ok,said with just a tad of understatement--but exactly what were we expecting when we got our status?Yes, our batsmen look competely inept right now, but how long have we been playing against test class bowlers again?Good things will come to those who will wait.But they will come.

Meanwhile, we are right to criticize our team.But let's have some contructive criticism here folks.Good times, bad times, gimme some of that...right?
Old April 4, 2008, 06:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We the BD fans have to have patience to see real improvement. Every one knows that improvement does not happen overnight in cricket. Everyone including BD and int experts know and say that. Problem is being caused by some vested corners who, "Shout about cancellation of test status/2 tier etc etc". That's virtually panicking the Players, fans and organizers alike. I am sure, we are on track.

Some international entities seem to be consciously trying to slow down the process of our development through destabilizing inexperienced cricketing infrastructure by creating additionl pressure.

We must realize the fact that, we have to have patience and not panic to keep pace with any criticism, that only will delay the process of development further. We are improving for sure.

Last edited by BANFAN; April 4, 2008 at 06:17 AM..
Old April 4, 2008, 08:17 AM
Test Cricketer

I did not know BD forums are for archeologists! What is the reason for digging this thread from Mahenjedaro era?
Old April 4, 2008, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

May be he saw a preview of the new Indiana Jones movie. I predict many more will be motivated.
Old April 4, 2008, 11:07 AM
Cricket Sage

We are still not good enough?

Thats no good.
Old April 4, 2008, 11:11 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham
In the last two days, I have read so many posts full of analysis about our performance and who to blame and what could be done differently, I kind of get the feeling that you guys are all hiding from the real issue.

So, I am going to give it to you straight. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY AT THIS LEVEL!! No player in Bangladesh is Test class. Thats just how it is. A few(Kapali, Masri, Ash) have the potential perhaps to become test class players. But right now, we don't have any. We could select different players, the coach could give his motivational speeches, ta da ta da ta da, bottom line is, our players are just not upto the standard. Its like Tehsin bhai, Rajputro, Nasif, Subho and I taking on the Chicago Bulls! No amount of coaching or motivation can help us. We would probably go down 300 to 4. What would be the point of blaming us or our coach or go into a discussion about whether Orpheus or Arnab should have been picked instead of me? Complete waste of time.

From what I saw against Pakistan in Jan and against SL in July, our batsmen are technically very suspect. Their heads dont stay still, their footwork is messed up (its not about moving your feet, its about moving it to the right areas) and they have no idea about which balls to leave and which to play. Unless the next generation of BD batsmen are more technically correct, our run of low scores will not end. Courage and guts like Pilot has shown over and over again are very useful attributes. But if your game is just not good enough, then there is very little that can be done.

[Edited on 11-12-2002 by Sham]
Alas!! the situation is still the same after almost 5 years and 4 months.

the only thing both Bangladeshi players and supporters good at is in playing the same old gramophone record - we can play much better than what we are playing and all that bullshits.
Old April 4, 2008, 11:12 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
I did not know BD forums are for archeologists! What is the reason for digging this thread from Mahenjedaro era?
cos the thread is appropriate even for today.
Old April 4, 2008, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default most stupid thread

we've got someone who is trying to be OVERSTMART!
wastage of time
Old April 4, 2008, 11:55 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomalCA
Alas!! the situation is still the same after almost 5 years and 4 months.
We just have to be a little more patient, that's all.

After all, 5 years is not equal to even a decade!