facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 22, 2004, 11:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Even with experienced batsmen how far can we go??

What makes it so difficult to score decent runs for our batsmen, I don't know. Media says it's lack of confidence...some say bad structure of cricket. I believe later is right. But there is no improvements since we got the test status. Acutally it's hard to hope for Bangladesh officials in any levels. They are all corrupted and destroying the country forever. I am so upset that even all these defeats they haven't organized longer version of leagues!!! or even sent players for training to other countries and leagues ...even if they had to spend money.

Does not matter how experienced player we choose, our batsmen are not upto the standard of international cricket to score runs or play professionaly.

Old November 23, 2004, 01:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

well, we have to look at our cricket in the long run. I think SL's failure during the 80's made them think about their long term goals which they're enjoying at the present time! We need players with solid technique- the mental aspect can be developed if their technique is well-conditioned! Also diet should be important- in BD when i used to play in the early 90's it wasn't a professional sport. We need to support our players to make it a professional sport. Ppl have to be born as cricketers, or least have a target set at an early age.
Another thing to note is expose youngsters using various development teams and send them abroad to play against quality teams- not Kolkata Pre-School kids! Also the age-hiding tendencies needs to be reduced. There are players i've been seeing for more than 12 years now- and i can assure you that they didn't start play league cricket at 12-13 years olds