facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2007, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Ok here is a thought. I came across this suggestion in some thread in BC and thinking over it now it actually makes sense. We want JO to play because he can ensure( or has a greater probability) of keeping his wicket intact for the first 10 overs. Everyone here would agree I hope that this is the only reason for his inclusion. So my suggestion is why not have rahim opening with tamim. Rahim has a much better technique than either JO or SN. He is capable of keeping his wicket intact for the first 10 overs with the same probability that JO has. He would be better at scoring a bit more quickly than JO. Moreover we can pick an extra player who can either bat or bowl or do both. I would suggest Farhad reza because that would strengthen our batting (wont make any difference in bowling though, FR is a younger version of KM). What say you all ?

Last edited by layperson; April 10, 2007 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: wrote ball instead of bowl. BC lingo catching up to me *shaking my head*

Old April 10, 2007, 08:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

I dont mind if they replace JO with SN..but atm i wud like Habibul Bashar to stay in the team..he's a decent player..a captain? I dont know..and im not sure they can make a new captain by today..so forget it.Bashar stays as the captain for now..on the other hand i dont think farhad reza's getting a game in this world cup..same with shahadat hossain.
Im like 95.9 % sure that they will retain the same line up they had against SA. Maybe SN will come in.
Old April 10, 2007, 08:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

I have always been a strong hater of JO. But i think we should drop JO just after the England game. Something tells me JO needs to be there for the England game.
Old April 11, 2007, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruTM
I have always been a strong hater of JO. But i think we should drop JO just after the England game. Something tells me JO needs to be there for the England game.
For this reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
i don't know but golla seemed to be a murid of a special peer or somebody. cause everytime he plays, something happens and golla lovers start to praise him.
Old April 11, 2007, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Amar ar kisu bolar nai. Batsmen'ra ekta't thekey ekta gadha.
Old April 11, 2007, 09:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
For this reason?
Where is spitfire now? I have always opposed to JO, but not this time. There was a reason for it. Before i say about Bangladesh team i do a lot of thinking. I read hundred posts before posting one. I am dissapointed to say the least.
Old April 12, 2007, 06:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
- Bagh bagh-e....pocha shamuk-a pa katey ebong durghondho choray.
- Prochur mama achey BD-tey...kana mama'r proiojon nai.
-!!
Do you smell something?? I do.

This thread is a perfect example of how to criple a winning team.
Old April 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruTM
Where is spitfire now? I have always opposed to JO, but not this time. There was a reason for it. Before i say about Bangladesh team i do a lot of thinking. I read hundred posts before posting one. I am dissapointed to say the least.
He is trying to stop wild fires in other threads. he just crossed 20. give him some time. As our players gain experience so will he. having 11 strokeplayers in one game can thump the big boys (docile pitch) but in other lively pitches a recipe for a disaster. There needs to be a balance.
Old April 12, 2007, 09:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

The Thread title should changed to
"I know how to make a winning team a crippled one!"
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 12, 2007, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

What makes a team crippled?

1. When you have opener who may knows how to stay in the wicket, but don't know how to rotate and take 1s and 2s. Example: Gullu

2. When a team depends on off form super's past glories, but not present form. Example: SN, Bashar

3. When a team depends on too many boom-boom hit-or-miss Afridi type of inconsistent players. Example: Ash, Aftab, Tamim

4. When you team depends on 5 bowlers (out of which is 6th bowler at best). You pretty much all the options while fielding

5. When you team players doesn't knows the maths: i.e. 1+1+1+1 makes 4. Therefore if you can squeeze in 1s, you don't need to score 4s all the time to keep the score running

6. When you team doesn't understand that: intelligent running betweeen the wicket creates presure to the opponent, where as stupid runouts pretty much take all the oxygen out of the team. Example: When they hit a single to the boundary, if they take quick single (rather than lazy single) it creates some pressure to the fielder. the other example of stupid runn-out Bashar's runnout.

7. If the Captain fails to contribute, he pretty much loose any leverage to lead the team.

8. If the team's statagey is just to block 10-15 overs and nothing else. Thats a loosing mentality. Thats makes the team more dependable to those hit-or-miss boom boom players and later batsman needs to be more reckless to make up the runs. It may be good for players like Aftab/Ash to show their heroics once in a while, its not good for younger players like Sakib and Co who are developing a a steady contributers.

9. When lower end batsmans doesn't understand their role based on team's need. Against ENG, only Mashrafee adjusted and contributed whereas the others failed to support Sakib

10. When team think-tank thinks the that the best way to revive a off-form batsmans is to bump up his batting order (rather than bump-down).
Old April 12, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

JO and solidity related discussions to be continued in this thread
Old April 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What makes a team crippled?

Wow! With all that I mean a crippled team we managed to beat NZ, Ind and SA in span of 3 weeks.

If we were not crippled handicapped then we would beat Australia 10 out 10 times it seems. Go BD go!!
Old April 12, 2007, 12:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Wow! With all that I mean a crippled team we managed to beat NZ, Ind and SA in span of 3 weeks.

If we were not crippled handicapped then we would beat Australia 10 out 10 times it seems. Go BD go!!
Crippled doesn't mean total paralysis you know. So yes, with crippled team, we will be able to make some noise here and there once in a while... beyond that it will be all quite.

Its not that we don't have players... we have young players like Mashrafee, Sakib, Razzak, etc. All we need is new and positive attitude and build the rest of the team around this core players. And if we don't change... pretty much new players will also change and play like a Master Ash... two eid and you are assured for the rest of the season.
Old April 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Crippled doesn't mean total paralysis you know. So yes, with crippled team, we will be able to make some noise here and there once in a while... beyond that it will be all quite.
wow few BD performers beat all other WC performers in span of three weeks they almost beat the England also.
Old April 16, 2007, 02:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Thank you very much for this wonderful thread.