facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 13, 2008, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
I would rate Zunaed and Tamim in the same catagory also rasel must be a permanent fixture. Its proved already that Nafees is not just good enough to play against test playing nations. Even he get enough chance to make some runs, at best he can go is 25-30. I dont understand why Zunaed is not in the team.
You and I think alike then. Bring the boy in and give him a few chances. He should not be dropped even if he scores golden ducks in the next two ODIs. Give him at least five matches. I would personally prefer giving him 10-15 matches, because if we can give Ashraful chance after chance after 110 ODIs or so, I feel like we can afford to give this guy at least one-tenth of those chances.

Old April 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Great match. Well done Tigers. Ashra-fool's unnecessary run out was crucial.
As were Tamim's refusal to get an easy 100, or Ash's sick persistence with an out of sorts Farhad after our kepten shaab denied Rajib a chance to redeem himself early on.

He can be cruel to players he doesn't like - BiZu, Farhad and Alok to name a few - and overly generous to those he does, Abir and AfAh for example.

Young guy wayyy over his head. Sadly, we have no plausible alternatives IMHO.

Having said that, I have no doubts he'll pull an Aravida on us all from his late 20s to mid 30s Inshallah.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

MaMu ase, abar MaMi o ase

Magar, AfAh ase kintu Bhai nai ken?
Old April 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
MaMu ase, abar MaMi o ase

Magar, AfAh ase kintu Bhai nai ken?
Aibo ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Having said that, I have no doubts he'll pull an Aravida on us all from his late 20s to mid 30s Inshallah.
hope it comes earlier than that...cuz by then his career will be over...most ppl retire in early 30s.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 13, 2008, 04:25 PM
Cricket Guru

we were soooo close! soooo close! i think i
m gonna cry now btw to those who wanted sakib out of the team......i have one thing to say to you all, HAHAHAH IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 13, 2008, 04:38 PM
Cricket Guru

I still can't get over the 23 run loss,,,,,only 23 runs! 23!!!! ARGH!
I feel like banging my head on a wall! ONLY 23 RUNZ!!!!!!
Old April 13, 2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Antora, one could argue that had Ash and SN scored a few more (or any in SN's case), things would have been different. So if you're feeling like you just ate more than your weight of Fakhruddiner kacchi, then let the vomit flow in this thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=26414
Old April 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan

Fine batting performance from both sides. When PAK made 300+ i thought it was a foregone conclusion that they will win by 60-70 runs.
Old April 13, 2008, 07:51 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Missed the game as I was traveling.

285 against Pakistan is good but not enough at the end.

We should try to avoid the whitewash. Tigers, please don't wait until the last ODI.
Old April 13, 2008, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

The way this series is going, BD is doing better each game though they started off with complete garbage. I may be wrong but 285 is our highest score I believe in ODI (and lot of test matches).

We need to be consistent and give another knock out like this. Because today Pakistan went over 300, but not necessarily tomorrow and that is our winning ticket.
Old April 13, 2008, 07:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
The way this series is going, BD is doing better each game though they started off with complete garbage. I may be wrong but 285 is our highest score I believe in ODI (and lot of test matches).

We need to be consistent and give another knock out like this. Because today Pakistan went over 300, but not necessarily tomorrow and that is our winning ticket.
Against Test playing nations, Yes!

Bangladesh's highest ODI total is 301 against Kenya at Bogra.

Score Overs RR Inns
Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
301/7 50.0 6.02 1
v Kenya Bogra 17 Mar 2006 ODI # 2350
293/7 50.0 5.86 1
v Ireland Dhaka (SBNS) 22 Mar 2008 ODI # 2695
285/7 50.0 5.70 2
v Pakistan Lahore 13 Apr 2008 ODI # 2700
278/6 50.0 5.56 1
v Scotland Dhaka (SBNS) 17 Dec 2006 ODI # 2467
Old April 14, 2008, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Even if Pakistan scored 270-280 and we batted well, we would still lose by a small margin. Because then there would be less urgency in our batting.
Old April 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Even if Pakistan scored 270-280 and we batted well, we would still lose by a small margin. Because then there would be less urgency in our batting.
I agree. Some of the dot balls were unnecessary when the fielding restriction was off. Time and again they showed how Moyo had 100+ SR with 61 singles in this series.
Old April 14, 2008, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well i am satisfied with the match.no hard feelings against the batsmen during the last overs,pak bowlers bowled really well.anyways,jara khela deksen did you people see ash's face during the last overs?daat kelaitesilo as if saying,"are ami thakle toh fattay ditam!ki ballere toka martese ora ami hoiletoh uray martam".
Old April 14, 2008, 04:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I don't know about you, but I thought that was a great game. I don't mind desh losing agianst quality opposition as long as we put up a bit of a fight as we did here.

If either one of Tamim, aftab, shakib or Ash had not got out, we could've won this. Good show by the boys. Now let's go out there and win the last 2 and the T20...
Old April 14, 2008, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

SN out>
BiZu
enough said.

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old April 14, 2008, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Good game. After a long time we fought till the end of a match against a Good team. It was not easy to watch BD match (on computer) and ManU-Arsenal match (on tv) simultaneously!! I enjoyed both!!
Old April 14, 2008, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
Good game. After a long time we fought till the end of a match against a Good team. It was not easy to watch BD match (on computer) and ManU-Arsenal match (on tv) simultaneously!! I enjoyed both!!
ha ha, i had the same problem but then i just stopped watching man u- vs arsenal, and instead watched match of the day at 10:20 bbc 1

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old April 14, 2008, 06:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

I think we could have won the match If Mash was out there little earlier than was sent but to be honest I was quite happy with the overall performance
Old April 14, 2008, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Pakistan's fielding has greatly improved compared to what it was in recent times. Seems that there has been great improvement in their overall performance under their new coach.BD looked really sloppy in the field, they could have saved at least 25 to 30 runs, field settings for Akram was bad also, too many gaps, From their body language, I also think that all the boundaries hit by Akmal deflated them, but I must give credit to Tamim for his fielding, he is about the best there.

Hopefully, after observing that they are improving, they can regroup and pull off a win. Asif is a good bowler and they have not faced him yet, so anything can happen. Ash is good at losing the toss, so if Pakistan batsfirst, they have to be restricted to below 275 runs.
Old April 14, 2008, 06:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: AFRIDI

I must say Bangladesh played very well!!! that was a very brave reply...but the better team won at the end...even though I thought Pakistan played poor cricket...didnt like anything the batting failed nobody was able to continue the gr8 show what the openers showed us...bowling wasnt good...even someone like Afridi looked ordinary...but Sohail Khan was looking good...he showed some good temperament, good speed and good control of line and length looks like a good prospect...anyways the only good things for me were Kami did, Salman Butt a class act, Fawad rocked with his fielding and Sohail Khan did well
and for Bangladesh must say they were really good...came so close...but unfortunately important wickets fell at the wrong time...but Saqib was good
Old April 14, 2008, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey007
I must say Bangladesh played very well!!! that was a very brave reply...but the better team won at the end...even though I thought Pakistan played poor cricket...didnt like anything the batting failed nobody was able to continue the gr8 show what the openers showed us...bowling wasnt good...even someone like Afridi looked ordinary...but Sohail Khan was looking good...he showed some good temperament, good speed and good control of line and length looks like a good prospect...anyways the only good things for me were Kami did, Salman Butt a class act, Fawad rocked with his fielding and Sohail Khan did well
and for Bangladesh must say they were really good...came so close...but unfortunately important wickets fell at the wrong time...but Saqib was good
Dont worry we'll win the next match