facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old August 4, 2005, 03:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

All Ashraful needs to shut S(tinky)aurav up is to play well, may be hit a 100.

Old August 5, 2005, 12:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
Did anyone see this Ganguly comment anywhere else on the net? If not, I doubt about this Bhorer Kagoj comment because Bangladeshi Media sometimes publish "Home-made" report.
Yes, I never seen such statement, but Gangualy is very popular face in some Indian Bangla TV Channel, and we missed many comments of him if somebody is out of Tara Bangla, Akash TV, Indian Bangla ETV, Zee Bangla TV Channel! They always love to show some Ganguly Picture at their daily bangla news & views activities. As Prothom Alo saying the same, surely he did say such thing, no doubt! I am so sure he is the only present player wish to talk against Bangladesh Cricketing Aspects! Where nobody is advanced to put a comment against Bangladesh, he had shown some desperate to pull Bangladesh out from elite, and he was the 1st one to talk about 2 tier test cricket!
And, after that I am sure he has been cursed by many Bangladeshi Fan around world, the way 'Rashid Latif' lost his crcketing carrer in International Arena, the way Mr. Asoka de Silva lost his elite status from ICC Umpire Ranking is definitely a result of curse by Bangladeshi Fan.
I do not know how you feel to see Saurav Ganguly by loosing his captancy and form, he must be aware of what he is going to say!
Again, he is so dare that he put statement against Bangladesh while he is a Bangali, even Jogmohon Dalmiya never say against any negative thing against anyone of Bangladesh and against Bangladesh Team and he forget to talk Bangla when one Bangladeshi want to speak Bangla with him in Bangladesh and considering the team code of conduct, he never feels comfortable in bangla spoken in Bangladesh!
If you compare Imran Khan with Ganguly, you will find this man is like crazy to put many odd coments against Steve Waugh, the hero of just few days back! I do not know, how you evaluate negative statement against another team captain, but this culture is introduced by Ganguly! If it relates Psychologial breakdown to opposition captain, it is out cricket business, as still some people believes Cricket is the game of gentmen! And, I do not want to put any question mark against this struggling venture from India Team as Ganuly is concerned! And, one should not forget to believe if it is in India, people know how to put one star to a dustbean, and there are many examples of such things in India, so Ganguly should see the past record of Kapil Dev, Azhar Uddin, and some other Indian Legend too, how they were kicked out by cricketing politics!

Surely now he is out of class, and lossing at 50 runs against Sri Lanka means he is better than the last game but near to the worst! Ashraful is better than even Shehbag considering the current performnces! And, Ganguly must see what Ashraful did against Australia, and against England!
And, the reality is today or tomorrow Ashraful-Aftab will come out and replace the old giants (!), right!?
He must respect the others too! Specially while he is like our Dada cricketer, he must say Ashraful will go first and before him!
JOY HOK BANGLAR, JOY HOK BANGLADESHER!
God Bless Ganguly!

Edited on, August 5, 2005, 5:47 PM GMT, by sleeping_giant.
Old August 5, 2005, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

the way i look at it is that a continental eleven should consist of the best players from that region at a particular space in time. therefore only those who have performed well over the last couple of months or so should get into this Asian XI side, not someone who has 10,000 runs alongside his name but hasn't really done much recently. i agree that the purpose of these matches is to provide entertainment alongside raising funds, and that justifies the inclusion of ashraful even further. he is a prett big name by now and i am pretty sure fans would prefer watching the less_than_five_feet_tall kid who singlehadedly brought Australia down to the ground and whacked harmisson's butt a few days ago over some oldie whose mouth does more talking than his bat.

having said that, i agree that ashraful was chosen partly to complete the participation of all the four test nations.

r dada ektu jealous hoise r ki...ijjote lagse...

after all, 158* er kotha akhono bhule nai to...
Old August 6, 2005, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

ashraful is far from reaching his potential. i can say with confident that in few years from now he will be one of the top batsman in the world. what we are seeing right now is just a glimps of whats to come in the future. he has the talent and ability to be as good as tandukar or brian lara.
Old August 7, 2005, 09:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

r dada ektu jealous hoise r ki...ijjote lagse...

after all, 158* er kotha akhono bhule nai to...
ganguly is get hurt & retired at 2 against WI::
tokhoni koisilam shabdhaney kotha koitey, ohon.......?!?!

hehehehehehe

hahahahahaha

hohohohohoho

thanx. AsifTheManRahman.

Edited on, August 7, 2005, 2:21 PM GMT, by sleeping_giant.
Old August 7, 2005, 03:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Ganguly may use the term "Junior" or "Senior".

I believe team selectors chose Ashraful based on the term "current forms", as it`s going to be an exciting match.

it`s not that the team selectors chose Ashraful over Ganguly, because - there are already some good experienced player, such as - Inzamam, Dravid, jayasuriya.

I am sure Ashraful got in for his natural talent and the agressive attitude.

Edited on, August 7, 2005, 8:31 PM GMT, by Mav.
Old August 8, 2005, 07:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

u ppl dont know how bad the dambullah ground was!!
n as far as gangu is concerned he did very gud by hitting 50 of 110 odd balls!! it was till then the highest score in the series i suppose!!
The real fact is u ppl r criticising him just bcoz he said the truth dat ashraful was included in asianX1 but he wasn't!
indeed a single gud innings doesn't mean dat he is as gud as lara's n sachin's n ppl like them!
saurav is a gr8 playa n he gave the best start of the series without losing the wicket he kept on rotating strike wid sehwag!

as far as form goes it is temporary n brilliance is permanent!!
dat does really apply to saurav! BUT NOT ASHRAFUL!

[removed-unnecessary remarks]
it takes all outta u to get 100000runs in odi's n sum 7000 in tests!!

i really doubt the whole bd team at present has 100000 runs in their career!

[Edited]

i dont regret n e thing i said above!!

Edited on, August 8, 2005, 1:09 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: mod.action- uncivil tone

Edited on, August 8, 2005, 1:29 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old August 8, 2005, 08:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Attention "be_friend_13"

I don't know what the rationale of your above post is but I feel you should tone down the rhetoric. As this is the first time i have encountered you i will keep the above post as a record. In future please conduct your arguments in a "civil tone". And DO NOT USE large caps. Consider this a warning.

Oracle
Old August 8, 2005, 08:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
Attention "be_friend_13"

I don't know what the rationale of your above post is but I feel you should tone down the rhetoric. As this is the first time i have encountered you i will keep the above post as a record. In future please conduct your arguments in a "civil tone". And DO NOT USE large caps. Consider this a warning.

Oracle
Hey, Oracle: I feel this is most unusual talks I have seen first time in this Bangladesh Cricket Forum, and "be_friend_13" has no rights to polute the Bangladeshi Image and reputation of BC Fans! I request you to kick the post of "be_friend_13" out of Ground! Plz do it! Delete the post of "be_friend_13"!!
Cheers ASHRAFUL! And, sorry for Ganguly!

Edited on, August 8, 2005, 1:24 PM GMT, by sleeping_giant.
Old August 8, 2005, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

From here if he continues to post in uncivil manner he will see the consequences.
Old August 8, 2005, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by be_friend_13
it takes all outta u to get 100000runs..............

i really doubt the whole bd team at present has 100000 runs in their career!

[Edited]
hmm...may i ask you the significance of that particular figure? i am pretty sure the whole indian team doesn't have hundred thousand runs either.
Old August 8, 2005, 04:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

If you think to include a player based on his career then you should think about Gavaskar, Srikanth, Shastri, Kapil etc from India or Miandad, Zaheer abbas, Imran, Akram etc from Pakistan. No one is talking about their inclusion. Then why Danguly ? Ash was a match winner just before couple of month. Danguly was never a match winner in last two years at least. No comparison between Ash and Danguly. If you want to compare on achievements then are other greats too.
Old August 8, 2005, 06:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by shaoun
ashraful is far from reaching his potential. i can say with confident that in few years from now he will be one of the top batsman in the world. what we are seeing right now is just a glimps of whats to come in the future. he has the talent and ability to be as good as tandukar or brian lara.
spot on!!!

Old August 9, 2005, 07:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

faridpurchicago
even when brian waz a captain he didnt deliver his best so u must know how bad it is 4 a captain 2 play a match winning inning wid all the captainship pressure 2 lead da team n even hav a hundred in da same game!

now the same prob is wid attapattu!!
n u ppl say da same!
Old August 9, 2005, 08:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Talk about sour grapes.

Ganguly should be pleased that a young player has got the recognition he deserves. Besides, Ganguly's international batting form in the last year has been complete rubbish, he doesn't deserve a place.

Ganguly and Vaughan are the worse top order players in the world at the moment I think. (Not incuding the zimbos who are just a laughing stock).

Edited on, August 9, 2005, 1:09 PM GMT, by Rob.
Old August 9, 2005, 10:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
faridpurchicago
even when brian waz a captain he didnt deliver his best so u must know how bad it is 4 a captain 2 play a match winning inning wid all the captainship pressure 2 lead da team n even hav a hundred in da same game!

n u ppl say da same!
I am so sorry about you 'be_friend_13', as you are not supposed to be lucky or can not expect a lucky friend, for that u need be 'be_friend_7'!!
Anyway, today Ganguly is lbw by Dilshan at 26 of 45 balls, just compared to his other teammates, Shebag 48 runs of 22 balls, Dravid 59(86), Yuvraj 42(58 balls)... so he is loosing his class........ I am sure this is right for him out of captaincy otherwise loosing the Tri Series he surely get out of Team!!
Anyway you must select one batsman from Bangladesh Dude, as it is Asian XI, and we have the man of the match 100 runs of 102 balls, (SR: Almost 100%) against Ausie, and 50 of 21 balls against England.........
Just think on this before you put another comment and send another post.
Ganuly is hurt & retired by a bowncer at 2 against WI....... Surely he is loosing his position as batsman too in Indian Team....... Sorry dear, so sorry..........

Edited on, August 9, 2005, 4:56 PM GMT, by sleeping_giant.
Reason: spell
Old August 9, 2005, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
faridpurchicago

n u ppl say da same!
as far as I concern Lara made 400* as captain. If captaincy burden is so much then he should not be captain. I was never a fan of Ganguly but I feel it is outragegous to say Ganguly failed due to captaincy . How about 150 odd againest the aussi last season. So pls refrain from posting emotional logic. Ganguly no more worth place in Indian team let alone Asian 11.
Old August 10, 2005, 04:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Actually what I feel that by questioning Ash's inclusion in the team, Ganguly turned himself pathetic. If he is such a great player, he should compare himself with other seniors like Injamam, Jaysuria, Dravid and so on not with the junior most Ash. Why cant he say that if Dravid can get a place, he should also cause he is better than Dravid or other seniors? So is he trying to say that he is not as good as the other seniors, only he is better than Ash, who actuyally is just at the beginning of his carreer and will hopefully go a long way with glory.
Old August 10, 2005, 04:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sumon77
Actually what I feel that by questioning Ash's inclusion in the team, Ganguly turned himself pathetic. If he is such a great player, he should compare himself with other seniors like Injamam, Jaysuria, Dravid and so on not with the junior most Ash. Why cant he say that if Dravid can get a place, he should also cause he is better than Dravid or other seniors? So is he trying to say that he is not as good as the other seniors, only he is better than Ash, who actuyally is just at the beginning of his carreer and will hopefully go a long way with glory.
Great, Sumon77
Old August 10, 2005, 05:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

selectors don't discriminate in terms of seniority. if you play well; you get chance in a team be a 15 year old or over the hill. so danguli da; don't get depressed - > play hard. since you are becoming a senior everyday, you may play well at 50. but i fear BCCI may not be prudent enough to call you at the nets.
Old August 10, 2005, 05:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Quote:
Originally posted by bd_cricket

"A junior player like Ashraful was included in Asian XI, but I was not" - Saurav

Edited on, August 3, 2005, 7:11 PM GMT, by bd_cricket.

Yes. Because A junior player like Ashraful is in good form than you which forced selectors to includ him in Asian XI, but you are not.
Old August 10, 2005, 07:50 AM
Street Cricketer

Why Saurov is crying like a baby to get his chance?
That's no sign of a sporty cricketer.Our Ashraful is a tiger.
Old August 12, 2005, 06:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quite right.

One win over Australia and may be one or two others (without counting depleted Zimbabwe) and forget all achievements of Ganguly and Atapattu ? And how many run-a-ball match winners can you count for Ashraful leaving aside any against the depleted Zimbabweans ? Also, have you stopped to think how many match winning innings might have been played by Ganguly and Atapattu ? (If they are match winners, they need not necessarily be run-a-ball.)

Don't do this comparison as it makes no sense.

Ashraful has been selected - rightfully - over Ganguly and Atapattu as Bangladesh needs to be represented too. There is no more to it, than that. Of course Ashraful shows signs of a great future.

Also, this quote attributed to Ganguly is not reliable. Just forget it and be happy that Ahsraful is representing Bangladesh and let us wish him luck. After all, this is the Asian XI and that represents all of us from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. We are one team and one family.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubayed
Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
don't get me wrong ganguly is one of the greats, but he isn't anymore. ash is now better than ganges now.

and how many of attapattu's innings are run-a-ball match winners? or 20 ball 50s?
Some of our bd supporters r too much sometimes! So now u r daring to compare Ash with Ganguly and Attapattu? Without any doubt Ash is a real talent but hold on there. Its true that Ganguly looks like he has past his prime but still its unfair to compare him with Ash in that manner. Instead of answering your questions i must ask how many run a ball match winner did Ash played apart from the century against Australia? How many 20 ball 50's does he have apart from the opne against England?
Old August 12, 2005, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default Latest about Ganguly

Ganguly to capatin India in Zim

It was always expected that the selectors would give the nod to Sourav Ganguly. The Bengal Tiger will captain India in Zimbabwe. One suspects that this is Ganguly’s last chance to deliver both as batsman and skipper.

The Bengal Tiger takes over from the beleaguered Rahul Dravid who must be wondering what he did wrong!

Source: Times of India
Old August 12, 2005, 12:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
Ganguly to capatin India in Zim

It was always expected that the selectors would give the nod to Sourav Ganguly. The Bengal Tiger will captain India in Zimbabwe. One suspects that this is Ganguly’s last chance to deliver both as batsman and skipper.

The Bengal Tiger takes over from the beleaguered Rahul Dravid who must be wondering what he did wrong!

Source: Times of India
I know his nick as 'Bengal Dada', not 'the bengal tiger'!!
The bengal tiger is the nick of Bangladeshi Boys! And, Ganguly will love to hold 'Indian Tiger' not 'Bengal Tiger'!! Just correct it, and hold for our Bangladeshi Son!
Closed Thread