facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 20, 2016, 08:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
A quick solution to avoid extremism is to move to countries with the lowest number of muslim immigrants. You can safely ride trains buses without the fear of some behest seeking lunatic attacking you with a knife. Until of course, that place too turns into a hell hole as more muslims find out and immigrate with their "chouddo gushti" creating retarded second genration kids, eventually destroying all the hardwork and goodwill the previous generations have built.

Right now Japan seems like such a place and a very good country for vacation.
The sad part is that this current situation would result in the rise of ultra conservative government all over Europe and Americas. Even the liberals in Europe/America's are getting tired of terrorism disrupting their way of life. The voices of support for the muslim community is slowly diminishing.

There was a time (not too long ago) when I used to believe that extremism thrives among-st the uneducated or underprivileged youths. Now I don't really know what to think anymore, May be too much internet is to blame.

Old July 20, 2016, 10:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Here is a great article on today's newspaper about the rise of extremism in Bangladesh. Gives you a background on how Radical groups like Ansarullah bangla team , Hizbut tahrir etc was formed in Bangladesh.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/op-ed/20...rsus-assassins
Old July 20, 2016, 11:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

ঘরে কী করছে
অনেকসময় ঘরে দরজা বন্ধ করে একাকী বা নির্ধারিত বন্ধুর সঙ্গে সময় কাটালে তাদের নিরুৎসাহিত করুন।

ইন্টারনেটে কী করে
সে ইন্টারনেটে কী করে, সামাজিক যোগাযোগমাধ্যমে তার বন্ধু কারা, সে কোন কোন গ্রুপ ফলো করে, তার মন্তব্যগুলো কী রকম, তা জানার চেষ্টা করুন। সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যমে আপনিও তার বন্ধু থাকুন।
[/বাংলা]
mor jala, ektu privacy o thakbe na, ei boyosh e ekta joyan cheler koto ojana bishoy jana'r thakey
Old July 20, 2016, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
mor jala, ektu privacy o thakbe na, ei boyosh e ekta joyan cheler koto ojana bishoy jana'r thakey
Hehehe...exactly true, Simone, at this age you, Tigers da, Roman were busy reading, giggling and looking at verities of 'food for thoughts' dirty books (okay, you and Roman maybe, but Tigers da-definitely) with the doors closed.

Now the time has changed. Young folks are reading 'Nashokotamulok' 'Jongi' books with their doors closed. So no more privacy, Simone. We must break the doors and moms must check every kid's backpack, under the bed, bathroom, toilet of this age, every morning.
Old July 20, 2016, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hehehe...exactly true, Simone, at this age you, Tigers da, Roman were busy reading, giggling and looking at verities of 'food for thoughts' dirty books (okay, you and Roman maybe, but Tigers da-definitely) with the doors closed.

Now the time has changed. Young folks are reading 'Nashokotamulok' 'Jongi' books with their doors closed. So no more privacy, Simone. We must break the doors and moms must check every kid's backpack, under the bed, bathroom, toilet of this age, every morning.
I studied "Evolution" in school back in the 90's. The teacher taught us like any other lesson.

Today people get death threat when they translate a book on evolution in Bengali.
It is not about reading "Jongi" books anymore, it is also about banning any book that may not conform to the teachings of religion.
Old July 20, 2016, 01:20 PM

US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

US air strike killed nearly 60 civilians, including children, in Syria on Tuesday after the coalition mistook them for Islamic State fighters.

Read more @ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...taken-for-isi/

^^^
It has to be stopped which motivates terrorism IMHO.
Old July 20, 2016, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
I studied "Evolution" in school back in the 90's. The teacher taught us like any other lesson.

Today people get death threat when they translate a book on evolution in Bengali.
It is not about reading "Jongi" books anymore, it is also about banning any book that may not conform to the teachings of religion.
Some people are not that intelligent. They always assume that Evolution implies the lack of a divine supreme being(creator), which is nowhere stated or assumed in the theory itself... whether you believe in the theory itself or not that's another question but i personally never saw any conflict between studying the concept and my Islamic belief system. The fact that Evolution is anti-religion is a western concept(since it directly contradicts the Bible, or at least assumed to contradict the biblican creationist concept by a large portion of Christians)...

Those bloggers had no right to be killed in my opinion
Old July 20, 2016, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

The religious ones don't commit extremism. It's the part-time Muslims who do.

Ma-baap dujonei ajkal chakri korey. There's an army of teenage pola-maiya doing unthinkable things after school and come home just before their parents come home at 10.
Old July 20, 2016, 02:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Some people are not that intelligent. They always assume that Evolution implies the lack of a divine supreme being(creator), which is nowhere stated or assumed in the theory itself... whether you believe in the theory itself or not that's another question but i personally never saw any conflict between studying the concept and my Islamic belief system. The fact that Evolution is anti-religion is a western concept(since it directly contradicts the Bible, or at least assumed to contradict the biblican creationist concept by a large portion of Christians)...

How do you conform the Theory of Evolution with the Creation of Man? The former states we evolved from apes which in the long run evolved from single-cell organisms, while the latter, even in Islam, states we (Adam/Eve) were created from clay which implies we did not evolve from any animals assuming Adam/Eve was human in the first place.
Old July 20, 2016, 02:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
How do you conform the Theory of Evolution with the Creation of Man? The former states we evolved from apes which in the long run evolved from single-cell organisms, while the latter, even in Islam, states we (Adam/Eve) were created from clay which implies we did not evolve from any animals assuming Adam/Eve was human in the first place.
It does not say that Humans evolved from Apes...it states based on observation the DNA similarities between humans and other primates. Some scientists concluded that therefore, Humans and Apes have a common ancestor. Theory of Evolution itself is not complete due to a "missing link". I do not see how this contradicts that Allah created Adam from clay. Islam we believe it as it is....the "How" it happened is kept hidden from us and based on what we know of science we can neither confirm nor deny the Quranic claim from an observable objective point of view. what bothers me personally is that sometimes people jump to immature conclusions based on limited evidence and thus creating division, discord and confusion in society.
Old July 20, 2016, 04:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
The religious ones don't commit extremism. It's the part-time Muslims who do.

Ma-baap dujonei ajkal chakri korey. There's an army of teenage pola-maiya doing unthinkable things after school and come home just before their parents come home at 10.
There are many religious Muslims who later became terrorists. All were not Irreliguous.

Don't forget that just lately there has been some Modern life styled radicalised young people joining Militants. Not long ago most terrorists caught red handed were from Madrassas. (Bangladesh pov)

Also few years back the British Sylhetis who were alleged of being terrorists were also too religious.

Nibras Islam was not alone from the gulshan attack. Among others Mobassher, Rohan both were religious(source-Family) and another one was from Madrassa. That hindu proff. attacker young man who was 'crossfired' was also religious and regular mosque attender.

Old July 20, 2016, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anik SH
T

Also few years back the British Sylhetis who were alleged of being terrorists were also too religious.

Oh, forgot about those British Sylhetis!
So many of them joined ISIS , fought for a while and then came back. BBC had a list of British ISIS fighters on their site a while back and many of them were Sylhetis.
Isn't this also the reason Sheikh Hasina warned the British govt. and now there are plans to remove dual citizenship for Bangladeshis ?
Old July 21, 2016, 02:42 AM

Quote:
The quote has been taken just for an expamle of our lack of firm stand in approrirate context. In the context of Bangladesh, Islamist zealots categorize "bloggers" as "Nastic" or "Etheist" by default. And given the fact that 40+ lives been hacked to death for that reason already, yet here, we fail to mention and categorize those who actually commited the killings. And on top of that, saying "Had no right to be killed", instead of [those Islamist zealots] "has no right to kill" anyone, in the name of Islam, Etheist or not ... sounds really inapproriate if we think that way. or do we feel insecure even to state the things the way it should be? or in the right context? I hope not.
Old July 21, 2016, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
The quote has been taken just for an expamle of our lack of firm stand in approrirate context. In the context of Bangladesh, Islamist zealots categorize "bloggers" as "Nastic" or "Etheist" by default. And given the fact that 40+ lives been hacked to death for that reason already, yet here, we fail to mention and categorize those who actually commited the killings. And on top of that, saying "Had no right to be killed", instead of [those Islamist zealots] "has no right to kill" anyone, in the name of Islam, Etheist or not ... sounds really inapproriate if we think that way. or do we feel insecure even to state the things the way it should be? or in the right context? I hope not.
It is not very appropriate to insert or impose an understanding or interpretation of an event onto someone either. All mainstream Islamic Scholars condemn killing innocents in the name of Islam by taking the law into your own hand. Just because I have a history of Publicly defending Islam in this forum, you automatically assumed the worst of me when I stated something. There is no need to be apologetic for wrongdoing. I only hold myself accountable for things I say or do, I do not hold myself accountable for what other people do in the name of Islam claiming Islam.

#EndRant
Old July 22, 2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
It is not very appropriate to insert or impose an understanding or interpretation of an event onto someone either. All mainstream Islamic Scholars condemn killing innocents in the name of Islam by taking the law into your own hand. Just because I have a history of Publicly defending Islam in this forum, you automatically assumed the worst of me when I stated something. There is no need to be apologetic for wrongdoing. I only hold myself accountable for things I say or do, I do not hold myself accountable for what other people do in the name of Islam claiming Islam.

#EndRant
If you had history of defending worngdoing I would have said that staright forward, w/o hesitation, that isnt the case. None, including me expect "your" apology for wrongdoing which is not commited by you, that is just absurd.

However, you do hold responsible the way you say things, the manner you put things forward, and people will either appriciate or critisize based on that particular case. As long as we state things in virtual world [or even actual world] none of us can avoid that.
Old July 24, 2016, 01:47 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Jarei dhorey police tar kas thekei jihadi boi pai... shob jmb mone oder whole library nia shob shomoi ghuraghuri korey. Cant trust anything police says these days. Shial kumir er chana type poisha khawar dhanda shob
Old July 24, 2016, 07:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Jarei dhorey police tar kas thekei jihadi boi pai... shob jmb mone oder whole library nia shob shomoi ghuraghuri korey. Cant trust anything police says these days. Shial kumir er chana type poisha khawar dhanda shob
shudhu jihadi boi na, raamda,bothi, boma bananor shoronjam,boma onek kichui pay, koydin ageo dekhlam
watch this from 9:00
Old July 24, 2016, 10:37 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Looks like Germany is in deep ____ just like France now. So much for extending a helping hand to Syrians.
Old July 25, 2016, 02:14 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Looks like Germany is in deep ____ just like France now. So much for extending a helping hand to Syrians.
this is really sad, Syrians needed the help
Old July 25, 2016, 05:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

An article by Mahfuz Anam on the challenge facing Bangladesh
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opin...-30291321.html
Old July 26, 2016, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Guys are the government finally making some progress in combating militancy?

I can see a lot of articles in the press on police/RAB identifying missing youth, shutting down websites/FB pages, arrests, busts. Today hearing about shutting down of Darul Ihsan University.

Of course i cant tell if all the above is categorizable as progress as i dont know the on the ground situation, perception
Old July 26, 2016, 06:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

We cant know for sure until we know how widely spread the terrorist network is. We have had attacks in various districts seemingly by different teams of three so my sense of it is that this will be a long and brutal battle till we can consider ourselves safe. The good thing is that the Government is finally taking some action instead of being in denial.
Old July 26, 2016, 08:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Latest news in missing kids are

from the 269 missing kids (police) list, dramatically overnight it has come down to 60+. Source TV news media.

Wooaaaw!!!!!! We have the BEST intelligent Police force in Bangladesh. Soon it will come down to zero and we will be living happily ever after in Peace (Under 3 feet).

(All the media outburst of 1000+ missing kids are Bull crap) No ISIS link in BD for sho.
Old July 26, 2016, 08:46 AM
Cricket Savant

ekhon dekha jache bc te asha r jabe na... shalar CIA, NSA, Dhaka Cadet college, BFC, KFC, KKK, KKR, BFF, TBS shob ari pete ache

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 26, 2016, 09:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

Quote:
It does not say that Humans evolved from Apes...it states based on observation the DNA similarities between humans and other primates. Some scientists concluded that therefore, Humans and Apes have a common ancestor. Theory of Evolution itself is not complete due to a "missing link". I do not see how this contradicts that Allah created Adam from clay. Islam we believe it as it is....the "How" it happened is kept hidden from us and based on what we know of science we can neither confirm nor deny the Quranic claim from an observable objective point of view. what bothers me personally is that sometimes people jump to immature conclusions based on limited evidence and thus creating division, discord and confusion in society.
When it comes to understanding the attributes of Allah, we are not allowed to say 'How', but we are supposed believe. For example, Allah has mentioned many times in the Quran that the Most Merciful has risen over the Throne (istawa). We believe and affirm what Allah has said about 'istawa' but we never ask 'how.'

However, you cannot say that we are not allowed to ask 'how' when it comes to the creation of Adam. Because from the Quran and the authentic ahadiths of the Messenger of Allah (S), we know many vivid descriptions about the story of genesis, which render it completely incompatible to the theory of evolution.

I am not bringing up the sources here (the verses and the ahadeeth, but any Muslim with minimal knowledge should know about these verses and ahadeeth), but how do you explain the following few incidents if you say that Adam (s) was created through evolution?

(1) Allah created Adam by his own Hands (refer Surah Sad)
(2) After Allah created Adam, his hollow body was left for many days, which was witnessed by Iblees
(3) Adam was not created in this earth, which must have been the case if he was created through evolution
(4) Allah spoke directly with Adam and taught him names
(5) Adam lived in Jannah
(6) The angels made prostration to him
(7) Adam only came to this earth after he ate the fruit, and his descent was the punishment. If Adam originated from this earth, his descent would have been like coming to home, but rather, the true home of Adam and his progeny is Jannah.