facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 8, 2009, 11:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
dude do you know what ppl would think if we handed Shahriar captaincy???? Yes I agree that he has the all the credentials to be captain but the problem lies with the fact that he quit BD cricket to join ICL. plus he hasn't played international cricket in forever so he would probably not even perform. If he was captain, people would bash him even more than they do Ash. Yes ash is an idiot and yes he has played terribly, but he has remained loyal unlike Shahriar...

Do you really want someone to be your captain if they really don't give a **** about the team and just want more money?
if you wanna blame Ash's batting here i agree. but his captaincy was upto the mark today. what else can he do. he used Mash before 15th over. he used all the 4 spinners and more than that to keep the coach's word he didn't bowl himself(!)it's his captaincy which produce last 3 wickets. our bowling was pathetic though. Sakib and Razzaq tried well. Mash's & Rubel's 3rd over was way too much expensive in this situation.......but wait...

why are we blaming bowlers???? they almost defended a low total. that's the batsmen who are more than to be blamed Tamim was too slow, Zunaed had the good start but took the stupid risk of hitting big without any reason(when RR was 12), Ashrafool played the same shot to the slip after getting a life(while there was a slip fielder), Sakib was batting like last match(childish), Riyad jumped and gone(that was good keeping though), Rqibul played the test match of his life(when he score more than run-a-ball in ODIs & Test), Mushy started poking the ball(actully he couldn't see the ball in the hand of bowler as they are too tall) and Naeem who got the mount everest on his shoulder that time. this our team batting line-up. and more than that i think we should blame the coach. because, he is thinking that we had a team like Inida/Aus. we don't need more than 60 runs in 6 overs. get 40 or even 36 but don't loose wicket. but our taklu think tank asked them to go the hard way when we are failing to to do so again and again. anywayz i am not so hurt today. cause believe me i was expecting this more than anything.

Last edited by Megh; June 8, 2009 at 11:44 AM..

Old June 8, 2009, 11:34 AM
Club Cricketer

I am not too sure if changing the captain will do any good...I mean do you see anybody who looks like a leader? ...give the captaincy to sakib and we might eat up whatever occasional good performance we get from him...probably we should ask BFF chairman Salauddin bhai to lead the cricket team...at least he got some level of personality..
Old June 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

sigh so many of my cousins who were ex-die hard bd cricket fans have stopped following bd cricket becoz of ashraful, last time i asked one of them ,they were like "'as long as ashraful is the captain, im not following bd cricket"'
so many bd supporters lost due to ash...well ash, today you've got one more victim, well done, now you can go celebrate...atleast you achieved something. bye bd cricket, bye BC
Old June 8, 2009, 11:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
really doesnt matter if someone doesnt give a **** about the team or wants more money if they can churn out wins for the team, i mean if the captain can help you win, give him more money

Andrew symonds for example-does'nt care about the team but makes it win
yeah right you are!!!!! he hasn't played last 3 series i guess(but that Pakistan series) and ha got the wins for aussies. for last couple of years he is not regular in the team. so sitting in a bar and drinking beers give a team the chance to win. we should open some bar in bangladesh then.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

wow we r out of the world cup. we r going down. allah did nt help us today....because of some fagout.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumit
I am not too sure if changing the captain will do any good...I mean do you see anybody who looks like a leader? ...give the captaincy to sakib and we might eat up whatever occasional good performance we get from him...probably we should ask BFF chairman Salauddin bhai to lead the cricket team...at least he got some level of personality..
it's not to be always true that if someone elected to be a captain then his performance would be down. i think a person like Sakib can handle the pressure very well and he could perform better as a captain. cause this guy is the only one in the team who plays with responsibility. but sad that we didn't see it this time in his batting though.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

why ash played same shot, when he got life from....sliping practice......
Old June 8, 2009, 11:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
it's not to be always true that if someone elected to be a captain then his performance would be down. i think a person like Sakib can handle the pressure very well and he could perform better as a captain. cause this guy is the only one in the team who plays with responsibility. but sad that we didn't see it this time in his batting though.
Yes Shakib handles pressure very well we saw what he did today and in the previous game. No one in the current Banladesh team handles pressure well, they all need mental help.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Cricman'rey pita for openning this thread. First and last post in this match thread. he didn't change his signature either after 6th June. Change it now!!

I think he will be a fine politician for BD.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Well, that has been the case so far, isn't it? I have been following BD cricket since 1984 and can not remember any captain who really led from the front and performed as well. Probably this is more of a national issue...we seriously lack leaders...

Quote:
Old June 8, 2009, 11:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
yeah make abir the captain, he has done it before and is very intelligent( has a university degree atleast)
Has a brain,educated , a great sound player, what else can w eask for, also has captaincy experience from the ICL
university degree??? man how funny. he passed HSC may be 2 years back. when he retired for ICL, you know what he said?? he said he want to concentrate to his study. he is studying in uni. don't have a degree yet i guess and won't get any i think. married and got lots of money from ICL as well. i think you that he has better thing to do than study, you know what i mean. i think ICC should take the ODI status from BD as well. let them play with associates for another 10 years.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:49 AM
Club Cricketer

India is a changed team under Dhoni....The same team could not perform under Kumble...its amazing what a leader can do ...
Old June 8, 2009, 12:03 PM
Street Cricketer

Its not about who you make the captain, it is about who he is captaining (the team itself). Unless the brain work equally while playing, it does not matter who is in the team.
Old June 8, 2009, 12:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus87
Yes Shakib handles pressure very well we saw what he did today and in the previous game. No one in the current Banladesh team handles pressure well, they all need mental help.
do you understand cricket at all??? i don't think so. for innings ash has been praised for years even now. and sakib played more than so many innings like those of ash's. i said that too Sakib didn't bet well in these 2 matches. read the whole writing first. and he is the bowler i guess who bowled well in this 2 matches. don't judges him with this 2 inningses, he did far better earlier.

i dont' understad one innings of Kapali against a weak ICL team made everyone to think to take him back and one player who is world's best all-rounder he has been bashed for his 2 inningses while he bowled really good i guess. he is the only bowler who bowled well in both matches.
Old June 8, 2009, 12:06 PM
Test Cricketer

You know aht guys few overqualified BD supporters suck more than BD cricket.(i do quote me in those)
Old June 8, 2009, 12:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Burning ...
Old June 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
Street Cricketer

Which website give free best live streams ofT20 games?
Some are slow while others not updated(lags few) when compared to cricinfo text commentry.
Old June 8, 2009, 12:48 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
You know aht guys few overqualified BD supporters suck more than BD cricket.(i do quote me in those)
agree.
Old June 8, 2009, 12:56 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Don't worry guy's.....BD will rise again

just inspired from my avatar.u will feel good.
Old June 8, 2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

Holly crap did u see AUS? These guys fought like tigers till the end! Mitchell johnson et al!!!!!!!!
Old June 8, 2009, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

what a sad match.... once again it was the batting.... ashraful... don't even know what to say anymore about this guy... even after getting a chance... he makes the same mistake... its like as if he wanted to get out... and the rest of the batsman... none looked like they wanted to play today... even zunaed... had a good beginning, just dint continue... and if it weren't for mash.... i don't think we could've reached even 125......... he batted well.......

and then... while bowling.... not really much to say... bowlers dint do that badly... atleast they managed to hold them off till the 18th over.... but its the batting... shameful, the way they batted today...

in the end, we loose... and ireland go through to the next round... wow, what an achievement for these ppl... if not for themselves, they could've atleast won for the sake of the country's pride... if not for themselves... they could have atleast done it for the fans.......

i'm dissapointed, but i saw this coming... dunno why, but i had a feeling that something very similar to this would happen.......
Old June 8, 2009, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by muna_haf
bhai - amader shobhab hoilo ek jon kharap korle ajke SN ba icl er lok der gun gabo - kalke abar tara kharap korle onno karo kotha bolbo.

ashol kotha ta boli - ashol kotha hoilo ei player der talent i nai - amader most senior bowler death e ball korte pare na - amader captain duibar slip e catch die out hoy ar ek match run paile 20 match boishe thake - amader kono batsman er run er gor i 30 er upore nai - kare nie asha koren. ICL BCB jei player rei ana houk, overall they are brainless !!!
bhai atleast SN 20-30 run koira khocha maira out hoy, tarpor kenya/zimbabwer moton team hoile 40r kachakachi jai... but ash? 10 run korar por chinta kore, damn coach siddons to amar lunch packet khaia felbo, taratari bhagi............even irelander teamer shathe je player 14 runs kore ei shot khele out hoy, tar kono value nai
Old June 8, 2009, 02:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Burning ...
Do i need to call the fire brigade?
Old June 8, 2009, 02:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

at least Bangladesh is in good company
Old June 8, 2009, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am glad that i was at work and did not see this match. After yesterday's match against India(which on paper and form is a much better team than Ireland), I did not think very badly of that defeat, after all they were playing the best 20/20 team in the world, so I drew a bit of heart and hope from that and thought they will do much better against Ireland. It shows that BD cannot perform under pressure and becomes paralysed with fear and doubt, and not one player could have been there to support this team, they all collapsed like a pack of cards, they are back to their old habits. They beat ireland not too long ago in BD, I wonder if the cold got to them and muddled their brains and thinking, whereas the Irish is used to cold, damp and rainy weather.