facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 31, 2005, 12:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Kenya’s cricketers are more talented than the Bangladeshis

There you go guys ...another Indian Reporter Mr. Gulu Ezekiel wrote on Saturday, 22 January,

"..Kenya’s cricketers are more talented than the Bangladeshis.."

Do you guys think Mr. Gulu Ezekiel's above comment is right ... what's wrong with Mr. Gulu Ezekiel ??

http://sify.com/sports/columns/fullstory.php?id=13653999

Old January 31, 2005, 12:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Some if not all of BD cricketers are more talented than some not all of the Indian Cricketers.
Old January 31, 2005, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Correct link: http://sify.com/sports/columns/fulls...hp?id=13653999

I don't think Kenya has any cricketer except few very senior ones. Question of talent comes next.
Old January 31, 2005, 12:31 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

"I don't think Kenya has any cricketer except few very senior ones. "

OUCH ... That's HARSH man.
Old January 31, 2005, 12:37 PM
Club Cricketer

Who is he talking about? Udombe and Tickolo? They might talk about them. Because they make them so famous. They invested lots of money by fixing matches. BD player are not involved in fixing the match. Ind invited kenya and lost to them.

And one more thing. They are all past players which We left a long ago. I cannt remember those players of those who are playing against Udombe and Tickolo's kenya( Just kidding). From that time our team changes too much. We dont have any more players of those days except Rafiq and pailot. To whom he will compare Aftab, Nafis, Ashraful, Murtoza and enam. Is there any talented player like them in Kenya.

hahahhahahh, I dont think so. Now remember they are the 2nd team among ICC associate countrys.
Old January 31, 2005, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Kenya does have a few good young prospects. But thats about it. If you would ask them to make a list of their players, i doubt they will be able to list even 30. Bangladesh has a large pool compared to Kenya. And i want to see what happens to Kenya after the senior cricketers retire. Most of them are in their mid thirties btw.
Old January 31, 2005, 12:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AdLon
There you go guys ...another Indian Reporter Mr. Gulu Ezekiel wrote on Saturday, 22 January,

"..Kenya’s cricketers are more talented than the Bangladeshis.."

Do you guys think Mr. Gulu Ezekiel's above comment is right ... what's wrong with Mr. Gulu Ezekiel ??

http://sify.com/sports/columns/fullstory.php?id=13653999
I guess Mr. Gulu Ezekiel (is he really Indian?) is eating his words now
Old January 31, 2005, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

This really is the best time to invite Kenya for a 7 match ODI series....We are 1-6 in ODIs against them...SO u know....its about time we set the records right...Since we've got nothing till April, BCB shud seriously think about it....That'll make sure who has more talent...
Old January 31, 2005, 01:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Who is talented and who is not is not my biggest concern, my concern is my team how they perform. Yah Kenya had a better world cup and we were at the bottom even lost to Canada, but things have shift gear now. We are improving in all direction. We have a little solid opener now and much more improved bowling. We lack is big game tempermant. Against India in the first test match few months ago India was on the rope. Had our fielder not dropped easy catches of Sachin and Ganguly India would have struggled even to score 300.
Old January 31, 2005, 01:49 PM
Club Cricketer

I actually found this article to be quite supportive of Bangladesh Cricket. Ezikiel contests that Keneyan cricketers are more talented, that is purely his opnion and he has very right to express it.

The fact is we're a test playing nation and when (and if) Kenya is given Test status we should all support them like the support we crave from other Test nations now. I would rather we didn't get into a futile argument of who's more talented Bangladeshis or Kenyans.

Right now the world is beautiful and our boys are making us proud......that is enogh.
Old January 31, 2005, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Like i said BRING THEM ON ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYPLACE and find out once n for all who is better...
Old January 31, 2005, 08:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by offcutter
I actually found this article to be quite supportive of Bangladesh Cricket. Ezikiel contests that Keneyan cricketers are more talented, that is purely his opnion and he has very right to express it.

The fact is we're a test playing nation and when (and if) Kenya is given Test status we should all support them like the support we crave from other Test nations now. I would rather we didn't get into a futile argument of who's more talented Bangladeshis or Kenyans.

Right now the world is beautiful and our boys are making us proud......that is enogh.
I agree dude. That is spot on. Rather than fighting between cricketing nations we should support each other. One day, u never know, kenya and BD will be amongst the top teams...

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 1:26 AM GMT, by jabbar.
Old January 31, 2005, 08:33 PM
Club Cricketer

Guys read the whole article please. He is very supportive of Bangladesh through out the whole article and you guys just picked up one line. Yes, may be that's what he believes personaly that Kenya is more talented than Bangladesh. Any one is entitled to have their own opinion. But don't kill the guy yet. How many of you guys have watched the cricket team from Kenya on every day basis? How much do you know about that cricket team? May be Mr. Gulu have watched them little more than us. He wrote all in favor of Bangladesh in that article. Relax, we have to go a long way to prove that we are a pretty good side now. This is just the beginning.
Old January 31, 2005, 08:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Kenya is better than us in ODIs.....Kenya do have some very talented players....so do BD...however, Kenya is much more consistent than BD....Kenya would do better if they would have got the chances of playing more cricket
Old January 31, 2005, 08:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

who? what ? why ?

do they play test ? I dont think so... just FORGET it...don't waste time...ICC is there to think for them....
Old January 31, 2005, 09:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

agree with Mridul there. Kenya just doesnt got enough interest in cricket, neither do they have quality infrastructure to develop the game there.

Anyways, wish Kenya got to play Bangladesh now... Nonetheless, the world of TigerCricket is really colourful now... so just enjoy it and dont get into pointless arguments.
Old February 2, 2005, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Why do people keep on bringing out the negative articles against BD and posting about them? Im sorry but i am tired of the negativeness! how about a positive article for once.
Old February 2, 2005, 03:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

I agree with the author in the sense that Tikolo, Odumbe, Suji brothers, Otieno, Shah, Odoyo are more talented than any of our current players.
This does not mean i'm criticising our players- we're talking about natural talent here, just like Afridi not have the stats to back his talent but everyone will agree that he doesn't lack any talent!
Our players are extrememly hardworkers and we won the series becoz of our inner belief, determination and hardwork!
But given the time, the money, the structure that we have gotten from the government, board, neighboring countries, etc etc- if Kenya had gotten similar conditions- they can easily produce a much better and stronger team than ours!
I'm being very blunt here- even though many of your guys will disagree with me! mind you- no pun intended and i would be honored if you see it as a contrructive argument and not cuss at me!
Old February 2, 2005, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shehwar
This really is the best time to invite Kenya for a 7 match ODI series....We are 1-6 in ODIs against them...SO u know....its about time we set the records right...Since we've got nothing till April, BCB shud seriously think about it....That'll make sure who has more talent...
Interesting Idea. Simply I like it.
Old February 2, 2005, 04:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Gulu Ezekiel is supportive of BD in his articles. Only yesterday someone had opened a thread about a positive article that he wrote in the same site. I wonder what happened to that thread. Has that thread been deleted for featuring a BD supporting article from an Indian writer?
Old February 2, 2005, 02:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Actually it was a joke.

You guys will see that Kenya has most of their same players since 1996 World Cup and very few of them changed. While Bangladesh have very few player of the team which played in 1999's World Cup.

Now you decide which team have more talent.
Old February 2, 2005, 02:33 PM
Street Cricketer

In One day cricket, anything can happen. Just because, Kenya won couple of matches here and there doesn't mean that they are better than bangladesh. I can guarantee that Bangladesh will whoop Kenya's sorry butt anywhere, anytime and any place.
Old February 2, 2005, 02:44 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by ralam468
In One day cricket, anything can happen. Just because, Kenya won couple of matches here and there doesn't mean that they are better than bangladesh. I can guarantee that Bangladesh will whoop Kenya's sorry butt anywhere, anytime and any place.
I'd respect Kenya for what they are. Its not nice to say like that against them, after all there are countries that can do the same thing to us, right?
Old February 3, 2005, 02:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

Monkeys are more talented that indian cricketers!
Long live BD cricket.
Old February 3, 2005, 08:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricket_pagla
Monkeys are more talented that indian cricketers!
How about 'honoman'??