facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 22, 2009, 05:35 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

WICB has no choice but to retain the same squad for the first two ODIs. These guys saved WICB from humiliating prospect of cancelling the Test series and they fought hard for the pride of the West Indies cricket. Now, WICB cannot simply walk away from them. They can't trust these so called strikers. They can again stage strike at any point during the series or in near future.

If WICB show their back on the squad that played the Test series, they will not be able to assemble even a club level team when the srikeres/WIPA will again take industrial action against the WICB

Old July 22, 2009, 05:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
WICB has no choice but to retain the same squad for the first two ODIs. These guys saved WICB from humiliating prospect of cancelling the Test series and they fought hard for the pride of the West Indies cricket. Now, WICB cannot simply walk away from them. They can't trust these so called strikers. They can again stage strike at any point during the series or in near future.

If WICB show their back on the squad that played the Test series, they will not be able to assemble even a club level team when the srikeres/WIPA will again take industrial action against the WICB
At least 4/5 player should get place on their current team.
Old July 22, 2009, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Good for BD if a full strength WI team plays.
Old July 22, 2009, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Well, just to be fair, a few things need to be said.First, I really hope that WI doesn't just ditch the players that helped save WCIB's face. This is very important. Some of these players like Richards and Sammy should get their due chance. Second, the performers of this Test series should not be forgotten. I think even if they are not chosen for the ODI series, WCIB should treasure these talents and give them a fair chance to play.
My thoughts exactly. The Board has to thank these players who made themselves available at such short notice with no prior preparation, if not BD would have found themselves in a situation where no tests would have been played. These players showed loyalty, the Board should also show loyalty, it is a matter of principle.
This is not the first time that Gayle and CO have done this and it will not be the last time. Even though they have made themselves available for selection, the Board should not give in to their whims, they should be made to stay home and let the chosen squad play. IMO, this is as good a squad as the full National team.
Old July 22, 2009, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

So did WICB meet the demands and do they players have a contract or was it that Gayle & Co. just wanted a break from Test cricket and especially not play BD in tests?
Old July 22, 2009, 06:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U

"এবার বুঝা যাবে কত ধানে কত চাল?"
নাকি......
"যেই লাউ সেই কদু"
Ekdom moner kotha bolchen bhai!
But i am happy cause I was dying to watch the main WI vs BD.
Old July 22, 2009, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

http://www.digicelcricket.com/nmcms....s_item&id=1218

They're keeping the same squad! Dheeteerri.
Old July 22, 2009, 07:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I also like to see WI best eleven playing against us, but there are few questions ...

1. How can WICB dump the contract they made with players for thise series? [played test matches already ]
2. How can WICB change ODI team after officially announcing the names?
3. Will it be fare to those players who made themselves available in a crucial moment? Could be another problem for WICB.

So my guess is, WICB wont be able to select those rebels in this series, but may be after this series YES.
I also have the same 3 qstions & I agree to that but I think to save WI from loosing Odi series agnst BD the WICB better let the best eleven play.
To save WI reputation they gotta let the rebels play & forget the rest.
Old July 22, 2009, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

still there is time. Scenes may change. But i don't see the whole full side back in this series. They are not going to be back all together also. Performers of this weaker side will still keep playing with players joining from the main squad by groups. WICB can't turn their back and also can't continue them, so its gonna be a step by step process.......thats i think may happen.
Old July 22, 2009, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

We had similar sort on scenario in Bangladesh cricket also. Can anyone remember??

Our national+league players went to strike and we had a visiting MCC team. So, some unknown players were called to play against MCC team. I forgot the year. But it was just before Test status may be. That MCC team had English pacer Ryan Sidebottom and others.

BCB was grateful to those cricketers and some performer of those unknown players were called in a national team selection match. Can't remember any of those players and that match was shown Live in TV and there was a good leg-spinner.
Old July 22, 2009, 08:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

So at least 2-1 or even 3-0...Well said Miraz bhai. Sum up: traitors are not trusted.
Old July 22, 2009, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

We are mixing up two things here: West Indies cricket and WICB. WICB is not equivalent to West Indies cricket and the players who saved WICB's face - after the original team made themselves unavailable based on some valid reasons (calling them traitor is a very very cheap shot) - should not be selected just because they saved the organization's face.

For the sake of cricket, West Indies should field the best XI from the available players. If the players who played the test series are good enough (some of them are good for sure) they will make their way to the team today or tomorrow, they won't need any face-saving charity.
Old July 22, 2009, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
We should counterattack by bringing in our reserved rebellious bad boys of cricket....the ICLers.
gopal da koi gopal da........? lolz

ki miah notun getup e ailen je?
Old July 22, 2009, 09:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
So did WICB meet the demands and do they players have a contract or was it that Gayle & Co. just wanted a break from Test cricket and especially not play BD in tests?
They are going to sit for an arbitration. A judge has been appointed.

In previous times since 2004 I think, there were seven arbitration between the board and the players association. All seven times the verdict was for the players association. I don't see this going any other way.
Old July 22, 2009, 09:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

WI can bring whomever they want...even Lara who cares...their team their selection...
No matter what Tigers will fight hard…I just wish Aftab and Alok Kapali were in the ODI team

Old July 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricadda
its bad for our players. now they have to make a nother plan. in 2 days time wi team changing like a unproffeshional way. its not our fault wi main team didnt play with us. now they are back. so our players are confused...so its not good for our cricket. but still we will win against them...good luck bangladesh.
If you cannot adapt to changes what mental toughness have you shown??....then again with BD its always excuses!!!
Old July 22, 2009, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The rebels are hardly traitors - in fact, I feel for them. Cricket is their bread & butter and if you're comparing them with players from the 70s, look at where most of them are today. Barring a very few that went into coaching, commentary, management, etc., most of them find it hard to sustain a minimum standard of living (OK, perhaps minimum is a relative word, but you get my point).

It's important to realize that these are people with families to take care of, and not getting paid for months at a stretch doesn't help.
Old July 22, 2009, 10:27 AM
Cricket Guru

"They (are) not picking us for the first two games; so I guess that sums up the situation," wrote Gayle, the pre-boycott captain of the team, on his twitter feed.

"They are the boss playing hard ball," he added.

http://in.reuters.com/article/sports...BrandChannel=0
Old July 22, 2009, 10:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The rebels are hardly traitors - in fact, I feel for them. Cricket is their bread & butter and if you're comparing them with players from the 70s, look at where most of them are today. Barring a very few that went into coaching, commentary, management, etc., most of them find it hard to sustain a minimum standard of living (OK, perhaps minimum is a relative word, but you get my point).

It's important to realize that these are people with families to take care of, and not getting paid for months at a stretch doesn't help.
Idont think this is the case today, i think most of them are very well paid (heard from tony cozier) ndu forgot the 20 million stanford prize they won!
Old July 22, 2009, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

This sucks, I was hoping for some competition in the ODIs..
Old July 22, 2009, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

Quote:
Despite the regular players making themselves available for selection, information from a well placed source, is that the West Indies Cricket Board will not change the squad selected for the First and Second Digicel One Day Internationals against Bangladesh in Dominica.

Lost me there.....................
Old July 22, 2009, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
This sucks, I was hoping for some competition in the ODIs..
you will get competition... trust me on that. Remember how BD can compete with anyone in ODI cricket? Well, their team will respond similarly and may win a match or two. I would be really surprised, although wouldn't mind it, if we manage to whitewash them in ODI series.
Old July 22, 2009, 11:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
We had similar sort on scenario in Bangladesh cricket also. Can anyone remember??

Our national+league players went to strike and we had a visiting MCC team. So, some unknown players were called to play against MCC team. I forgot the year. But it was just before Test status may be. That MCC team had English pacer Ryan Sidebottom and others.

BCB was grateful to those cricketers and some performer of those unknown players were called in a national team selection match. Can't remember any of those players and that match was shown Live in TV and there was a good leg-spinner.
That was prolly after the ICC Trophy. I remember Tareq Aziz played in that match.

NCL started (for the first time) during that strike and Nafees Iqbal made a big splash scoring a century.
Old July 22, 2009, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

Best moved taken by WICB. WI first team will be out of practice to play against us anyway. At least the reserved guys got some practice.

So for first two ODIs, we will face one WI team and then for third ODI, we will face another team. Its like playing a different countries on the same series from our prospective.
Old July 22, 2009, 12:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i prefer strong WI team, even if they beat us.
i have a feelings: this time we will beat them and show the world, what we r capable of. amen.