facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 15, 2005, 08:24 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Match Thread: Bangladesh V England - NatWest Series- 1st ODI - Brit Oval

:fanf lag:

Let the Game Begin............!
Good Luck Tigers. Let the British feel the real bite of tigers.
The game starts about 8 hours from now. On 16th June 9:45 GMT.

We need to put up a good show this time to regain some respect.

The game starts at:

9:45 GMT
10:45 BST
5:45 EDT
3:45 Bangladesh Time.

GMT now is:

The Weather Looks OK, and should not be interrupted by rain. Weather Link

According to the other thread, the 11 has been already finalized. I've not seen any news bulletin on this, so this squad might not be final. But as it seems right now, the only surprise is the non-inclusion of Rana. The rest are expected. With or without rana, good luck to all.

1. Javed Omar
  2. Nafis Iqbal
  3. Aftab Ahmed
  4. Mohammad Ashraful
  5. Habibul Bashar
  6. Tushar Imran
  7. Khaled Masud
  8. Khaled Mahmud
  9. Mohammad Rafique
  10. Mashrafe Mortaza
  11. Nazmul Hossain

Our opponent is England. They are much stronger side than ours specially when playing in their own back yard. Flintoff is once again in our way! The squad is from the following:

ME Trescothick
GO Jones
A Flintoff
KP Pietersen
*MP Vaughan
PD Collingwood
AJ Strauss
VS Solanki
J Lewis
D Gough
SJ Harmison
GJ Batty
Kabir Ali
SP Jones

Not sure who will play among them.

Live audio coverage should be available from the following link:

BBC Radio comm

CricInfo Live coverage is also available: Commentry

Free web cast is also available for this match, Thanks to Bangladeshlive.
Live Webcast

Tour Coverage:

Tour Home | News | Schedule | Scores | Squads | Articles

Game time chat is also available in Chat room

Keep in mind that you can get the same cricInfo commentary in the chat room as well.

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 1:40 AM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Old June 15, 2005, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Bring it on!!
I am calling sick tomorrow morning
Old June 15, 2005, 08:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Thanks alot Agent
Old June 15, 2005, 08:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
Bring it on!!
I am already sick.. lol
Old June 15, 2005, 08:42 PM

Default CricInfo Preview: A trough in the rollercoaster ride

A trough in the rollercoaster ride

Andrew Miller

June 15, 2005

England's summer is shaping up to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride, if their phenomenal onslaught in Monday night's Twenty20 match is anything to go by. Unfortunately, as with all such fairground attractions, the peaks must be countered by the troughs, and so it will prove tomorrow, when Bangladesh shuffle back onto centre stage for the opening encounter of the NatWest Series.

It is all incredibly unfair on the Bangladeshis. They should not even be here anymore. From the moment Australia transferred their words into deeds and Brett Lee banged in his first bouncer to Marcus Trescothick, the point of the Bangladeshi presence was utterly undermined. By all means offer them three token one-day games ahead of the Aussie arrival, but to mix their matches in with the most eagerly awaited Ashes tussle in a generation is like spiking your vintage Louis Roederer with Babycham.

Bangladesh do at least have some form to fall back on, after a hard-earned victory against Worcestershire on Sunday, in which Mohammad Ashraful tamed one raging beast, Shoaib Akhtar, who was making his county debut. But try stopping England in their tracks now. A mist as crimson as Darren Gough's mood has descended since Monday evening. As Somerset have demonstrated so emphatically down at Taunton, the Australians bring out the beast in everyone.

Even so, Dav Whatmore, Bangladesh's coach, was refusing to let the circumstances of this fixture get him down, and predicted a better showing in the one-dayers than was demonstrated during the Tests. "We have a bit of confidence in what we can do," he told reporters. "The shorter version of the game swings around a little bit, it is a lot quicker and you can have a greater influence over a shorter time. One of our objectives is to get a game to swing our way."

That might be easier said than done. In 106 matches, Bangladesh have achieved just two victories against sides other than Zimbabwe and the Associate nations, and never before have they wandered into the midst of a gunfight of this intensity. England are not going to let their intensity slip for anyone so discretion, one fears, would be the better part of valour - if only the Bangladeshis had that option.

At least they are no longer in possession of the most humiliating collapse of the summer. Australia, with their seven for eight in 20 balls at The Rose Bowl, have claimed that title hands down, and you can bet your life that the moment Bangladesh surpass Australia's eventual total of 79, the arcing roof of the new OCS Stand, which will be packed out for the first time this summer, will be blown clean off.

For Marcus Trescothick, the day will hold some extra significance, as he becomes the tenth England player to reach 100 one-day caps. But he admitted that the match was not the ideal follow-up to the events of Monday night. "That's the test of our team," he conceded. "It's up to us to remain disciplined and focused on the job. The main focus is the end of this NatWest series, making sure we're in the final and making sure we're doing well.

"Everybody's been a little bit in awe of the Australian team," he added, "but over the last 18 months we've gained the confidence to stand up and compete with the best team in the world. The most important thing is not that we've beaten them in two one-day games - how we've done over the last 18 months is the most important thing for us."

All in all, it doesn't augur well for the Bangladeshis. But given the mood in the Australian camp this evening, one fears that the worst could yet be to come on the most arduous tour of their lives.

Andrew Miller is UK editor of Cricinfo

Š Cricinfo
Old June 15, 2005, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Alomelo
Quote:
Bring it on!!
I am already sick.. lol

High-Jumping Sickman!!!
Old June 15, 2005, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Location: āĻŽā§‡āĻ•ā§āĻ¸āĻŋāĻ•ā§‹'āĻ° āĻ•ā§Ÿā§‡āĻ•āĻļ' āĻŽāĻžāĻ‡āĻ˛ āĻ‰āĻĒāĻ°ā§‡

just emailed my boss that I'm "working" from home until lunch tomorrow
Old June 15, 2005, 08:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am really surprised not to see Manzurul Rana. I was expecting him instead of "Chacha". Hope chacha will do good...
Old June 15, 2005, 08:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bring it on!!
I am already sick.. lol

High-Jumping Sickman!!!
I am gonna take a nap now .. and will wake up sick at 3.30... lol.. good luck to everyone who is planning to get sick....

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 1:50 AM GMT, by Alomelo.
Old June 15, 2005, 08:59 PM

I just hope I don't get sick After the match.
Old June 15, 2005, 09:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Another very non-productive work day for US economy coming up tommorow. well at least for me.
Old June 15, 2005, 09:08 PM

Last time Agent opened the match thread and we win! And this time ........ ok I should stop here.
Old June 15, 2005, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by faceoff
Another very non-productive work day for US economy coming up tommorow. well at least for me.
Wel said Between you and me, we will probably bring down the US economic productivity a full percentage point.
Old June 15, 2005, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan
Last time Agent opened the match thread and we win! And this time ........ ok I should stop here.

if same happens tomorrow, I'll copy right the permission to opening Match thread in BC for ever

Doc, Me 3. No work tomorrow until the Match finishes.
Old June 15, 2005, 09:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

i got school in the morning! Damn it... wont even get to finish the first innings...anyways, i will still be up early morning, rooting for the Tigers with you fanatics too!

English maatitey bishmoy, tumi amar bangladesh...baaaaaaaaaaaaaangladeeeeeeesssshhhhhh !!!

Old June 15, 2005, 09:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Old June 15, 2005, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
khela kintu shuru hoi nee tobe aikkhane kintu dorshok agomon aste aste berai choleche. akhono kintu prothom pata otikrom hoinee tobe amar bisshash agami dui tin ghontar moddhe amra 3-4 patay pouchute shokkhom hobe. ai prothom kintu amra erokom akti guruttopurno tin deshi tournament khelte jacchi. onek gourober bishoy kintu eti amader jonno. shob kichui kintu akhon amader biruddhe bolte gele. media theke shuru kore onek nami dami boro khelowarrao kintu amaderke akhon choto kore dekhche. tobe asha korbo tader ai dharona kichuta holeo amra bhangte shokkhom hobo. karon dol kintu akhon onek shoktishali ebong kintu poripokko. jani kajta kintu amader pokkhe moteo shohoj hobe na. tobe eta kintu one day. koek ghontar kintu bepar. ebong kono mote jodi amra ai koek ghonta amader ayotte nite pari taholai kintu onekdin dhorai amader mukhe shai hashi fute uthbe. shetao jodi na hoi asha korbo amra jeno man shomman niye khelte pari ebong asha korbo jeno ontoto pokkhe kichu indiviudual performance thake jetar jonno kichuta holeo amra shantona pete parbo porobortite. ebong asha korbo doler shobai jeno tader shaddhomoto cheshta kore. asha korbo tara jeno pura 50 over khelte pare. ebong asha korbo tara jeno protipokkhoke chaper moddhe rakhte parbo. asha korbo amra jeno taderke bolte pari shai shedin jonmo newa prithibir manchitre bangladesh namer shai deshti hati hati pa pa kore akhon onek dur jete shokkhom hoyeche shoto badha otikrom kore.
jaihok,
ar kintu kotha barate chai na. kal kintu amaro class royeche shokale. ami kintu apran cheshta korbo bhor bela uthe khela dekhte. jodio jani na sheta shombhob hobe kina. dhannabad.
Old June 15, 2005, 09:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

FRB, ur posts are one of a kind! :P
Old June 15, 2005, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
dhannabad kintu apnake master blaster bhai. dharabassho box theke apnake janachhi onek onek shubechha. jani amar moto apnio kintu odhir agrohe boshe achen utfullo mon niye. asha korbo khelar poro jeno amra shai akibhabe utfullo thakte pari. dhannabad.
Old June 15, 2005, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
[
I am gonna take a nap now .. and will wake up sick at 3.30... lol.. good luck to everyone who is planning to get sick....
I will certainly be sick at least around 8:30.
I will see how the things go.
But everybody knows what is the medicine for our sickness. Flintoff alone could be just enough to make all of us cured from sickness. If so. I will get well right away and go back to office.

Many of us will be sick...lets see how England treats us!!

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 3:10 AM GMT, by babubangla.
Old June 15, 2005, 10:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

if bangladesh bat first they will make 265...
Old June 15, 2005, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
faisal bha thik kintu buzhlam na eto number thakte keno apni 265 choose korlen. ai dharabassho box theke kintu akhono sheta buzhte parchi na. dhannabad.
Old June 15, 2005, 10:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

shujon, we along with rana r watching u!! better get some action
Old June 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
besh chaper mukhe kintu akhon chacha. tobe asha korbo chacha jeno tar nam rakhte paren. karon eta mone hoi tar shesh tour doler shathe. ar por hoito khelowar hishabe ar doler shathe ashben na tini. shutorang sheshta jeno shukher hoi shai jonno asha kori tini cheshta korben ebong asha kori tini jeno shofol hon. dhannabad.
Old June 15, 2005, 10:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Shujoner Bhojon Onek shunlam bhai. Ekhon beedai belai mone rakhar moto kichu korte parlei hoi.