facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 23, 2010, 04:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I really dont see any reason for Shakib and Siddons to say that they are targetting Pakistan, who by the way are targetting them. They should just have said that they will do their best to proceed to the next stage of the competition. they always say the wrong words.

Old April 23, 2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I really dont see any reason for Shakib and Siddons to say that they are targetting Pakistan, who by the way are targetting them. They should just have said that they will do their best to proceed to the next stage of the competition. they always say the wrong words.
You are right on ^^^!
Ice Man and Siddons should have said they are after the Aussies too!!
Both teams are going to be doomed by the Tigers on May 1st and May 5th respectively.
Old April 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

good luck Bangladesh for the warm ups and the real games
Old April 23, 2010, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
I actually find nothing wrong in saying that. I want Pakistan team to read this news. They already are doomed with so many problems. These words from Sakib-Siddons will put extra pressure on them on the match day. This is what I want. We have nothing to loose. But can you imagine what will happen to Pakistani players if they loss against us and out of the WC? May be all the players get suspended. I want them to feel this pressure and be nervous.

And yes, Pakistan team is targetting us. It is good to let them know that we are up for it.
Old April 23, 2010, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
I actually find nothing wrong in saying that. I want Pakistan team to read this news. They already are doomed with so many problems. These words from Sakib-Siddons will put extra pressure on them on the match day. This is what I want. We have nothing to loose. But can you imagine what will happen to Pakistani players if they loss against us and out of the WC? May be all the players get suspended. I want them to feel this pressure and be nervous.

And yes, Pakistan team is targetting us. It is good to let them know that we are up for it.
They may get arrested and sent to jail as well. After all that is Pakistan.
Old April 23, 2010, 10:33 PM
Cricket Savant

its not a crime to be positive before a tournament.
Old April 24, 2010, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Silence is golden and show your strength in your performance, my motto, say less and do more.
Old April 24, 2010, 06:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Silence is golden and show your strength in your performance, my motto, say less and do more.
there is only one Sachin in this world.
Old April 24, 2010, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Hope the boys get over their jet lag by the 27th, long flight and layovers for them if they are travelling to Dubai, then to london, then to Barbados, in all, it will take them a full day. They barely have enough time to have a bit of warmup and practice.
Old April 26, 2010, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Will there be any live tv coverage in the warm ups? Saw on Star Cricket that the Ind-Pak match will be aired but not ours. Any news on this issue?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 26, 2010, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think targeting Pakistan makes a whole lot of sense. Shakib knows his best bet of reaching the 2nd stage is by beating Pakistan. Also this will be our first game, if Shakib said Aus are our target that would mean in our first game we will be off guard. Now whatever happens against Pak Shakib can say our next target is Australia.
And just in case anyone has never followed any kind of sports before, this is a very old tactic used by weaker teams to psychologically get an edge over their stronger counterpart.
Old April 26, 2010, 04:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Will there be any live tv coverage in the warm ups? Saw on Star Cricket that the Ind-Pak match will be aired but not ours. Any news on this issue?

I guess NO; checked almost all probable broadcasters
Old April 26, 2010, 05:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

I don't think that's a good tactics for us. We can only win if we can catch someone off guarded, un prepared, over confident, under estimating us etc etc. That we can achieve by being in low profile. No need to be so aggressive with words. There is a difference between being positive & aggressive.

BD being agreesive doesnt put the opponent under pressure, it can only help them to be more prepared. Two teams who are at par, this statement can put the other under some pressure.

Shakib could have been positive by promising to play good cricket and promise of trying to go to next level. Could have described the opponents as tough opponents and previous finalists etc etc.. could make pak relax and under estimate us.... then catch them off guarded. IMO, They (JS/Shak) are not playing the mind games to their advantage...
Old April 26, 2010, 06:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

That was very direspectful what Shakib said, it's no different than what NZ said in the 2008 when they could have become the #1 team by winning 3-0 and they lost the 1st ODI.

What Jamie was acceptable, he said by no means is this going to be easy but were going to try our best to advance to the next round.

Pakistan are champions in this format, there a Scoop Shot from being 2X champions, your not giving them extra pressure, your giving them extra motivation if anything.

Always remember what Kumble said to rile up Masri
Old April 26, 2010, 09:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

i think Pakistanis come out and play their best cricket when they are doomed with problems. remember last time when they won the WC T20..... they were out of cricket for a long time. they were having different problems and when they came to play cricket they erased all those frustrations in the cricket field by becoming champions.

i think its best to play pakistanis when they are in good form and in confident and arrogant mood. thats the time their probability to slip up is the highest
Old April 26, 2010, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Lets not worry about other teams but rather have an honest look at us.....
Old April 27, 2010, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

IMO it will not be easy to beat Pakistan in 20/20.May be they are not that much good in test arena but Pakistan is always a good short version team specially 20/20.They are the current WC champion and if i am not wrong they were the runner up in another WC so its indicate they are very strong 20/20 side.So bangladesh need to plan very cautiously.

Old April 27, 2010, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Each team will be trying their very best to be the champions. WI says that they have the home advantage. Pollard, BRavo and Gayle are just back from India after playing the IPL so they are in 20/20 mode, also India is in first gear. SL has many players who were playing in the IPL.
Afghanistan, Ireland and BD will not proceed to the next round as they are the 3 weakest teams. This is a fact.
Old May 1, 2010, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
That was very direspectful what Shakib said, it's no different than what NZ said in the 2008 when they could have become the #1 team by winning 3-0 and they lost the 1st ODI.

What Jamie was acceptable, he said by no means is this going to be easy but were going to try our best to advance to the next round.

Pakistan are champions in this format, there a Scoop Shot from being 2X champions, your not giving them extra pressure, your giving them extra motivation if anything.

Always remember what Kumble said to rile up Masri
Very Disrespectful