facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Sajid's bowling action

Sajid's bowling action seems kind of strange to me. well, not strange but i didn't like it.

mashrafee, shahadat, and rasel seem to have "natural" actions. what i mean by this is whatever pace they generate, it seems as that is their natural pace and that they DO NOT have to over exert themselves to achieve it. of course mash and rajib have decent pace whereas rasel is a tad bit on the slow side.

sajid, nazmul, and farhad seem to have this exageratted action. it seems as though they are striving for pace in each delivery. same is true for tapash, but to a far lesser extent.

just some of my intial reactions. don't know if there is any weight to them.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old December 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
sajid, nazmul, and farhad seem to have this exageratted action. it seems as though they are striving for pace in each delivery. same is true for tapash, but to a far lesser extent
I have not seen the bowling action of Sajid, but for Farhad and Baisya, the above staement is very true.
Old December 25, 2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

I am yet to see Sajid bowl, but this is very true with Farhad and Tapash. When I first saw Farhad run In, I thought he was about to unleash a thunderbolt. Its kinda like an interceptor aircraft beating out a Sparrow AAM. That is against the law of Physics.

But then again, we can argue, albeit partially, that this is true with Shoaib Akhtar and Tait...and brett Lee too.
Old December 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

he has a good bowling action and decent pace...i am excited by the prospect that we are producing good quality fast-medium bowlers
Old December 26, 2007, 10:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

this is just a food for thought post:

if i am the coach, i would make no changes, right now, dropping someone from the squad would highly discourage that player. i would use Sajid for Test... i believe that will yield fruitful results.
Old December 27, 2007, 01:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think tapash had the most smooth run-up and release out of the BD bowlers i have seen.

and on his prime he even bowled at 140 kmph.
Old December 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Taposh never impressed me with his bowling. He was just slightly better than Shanto. Mash , Rajib are miles away from Taposh. No comparision at all.
Old December 27, 2007, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Taposh never got his due credit.. but during Mashrafee's two years absence, it was Taposh that spearheaded the attacks and did take wickets. Nevertheless, with declining form on his side,, he is now a forgotten hero. It cut both ways.. its good that we have new player but its equally sad to see such passionate player dissapear..

Sajid is almost the sensation of the year. Is it in his name or his deeds, who knows. Sharif also came to national team with a bang after taking many wickets at the National League. Sajid is not the fastest bowler as some us are mistaking him as. Niether is better than Shahadat/Rasel. Hence, if Rasel recovers and no player gets injured,,, he may not feature in the upcoming SA tour in Bangladesh. Nevertheless, we would want Sajid to challenge Mashrafree/Rasel, if he can with his wicket taking ability.