facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old January 8, 2005, 07:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Default A Question

//

Edited on, January 9, 2005, 1:16 AM GMT, by TigerFan.

Old January 8, 2005, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

So you're saying they should all look like Ashraful?
Cricket Legend

That is a stupid question. Are you from Bangladesh? And how old are you?
Test Cricketer

Edited on, January 9, 2005, 12:19 AM GMT, by mr-khan.
Old January 8, 2005, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Have you ever been to Bangladesh? It's a dumb question indeed.

You'll probably get flamed.
Old January 8, 2005, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

TigerFan your questions are getting dumb and dumber by the hour....
Old January 8, 2005, 07:37 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

an asinine question ....

Edited on, January 9, 2005, 12:39 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Old January 8, 2005, 07:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

hehehe...actually one thing is right by TigerFan that most of our players are not good looking. Javed, Pilot,Mashrafe and Ashraful look better among the Bd players. Actually, Rafique looks better face to face. Javed looks really handsome.

The most handsome cricketer was Atahar Ali Khan among Bd players. Even he still looks better than Ravi Shastri or other commentators.
Old January 8, 2005, 07:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

what a stupid question! no need to dignify it with an answer.
Old January 8, 2005, 07:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
Why our players are so dark? I know a lot of bangladeshi and 99% of them are brown. Our players are just like black people. What is the reason? Also, most of them are short. They're not good looking either. Itz a fact right.
What a silly question! What's wrong if they look black? Go play and practice on the field under direct sun for long hours and I like to see how fair are you then... I myself is 6 ft and there are so many others who are even taller than me. But it's not our color or height that matters its our nature and personality that matters. Please don't become a white boy. Love your own people and culture because thats who you are. Be proud no matter how your countrymen look like!
Old January 8, 2005, 08:05 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Why our players are so dark? I know a lot of bangladeshi and 99% of them are brown. Our players are just like black people. What is the reason? Also, most of them are short. They're not good looking either. Itz a fact right.
if this is a question, what is your own answer??
Old January 8, 2005, 08:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Ok sorry guys, didn't realize it can offend anyone. I'll close it.
Old January 8, 2005, 08:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Canada_r
What a silly question! What's wrong if they look black? Go play and practice on the field under direct sun for long hours and I like to see how fair are you then... I myself is 6 ft and there are so many others who are even taller than me. But it's not our color or height that matters its our nature and personality that matters. Please don't become a white boy. Love your own people and culture because thats who you are. Be proud no matter how your countrymen look like!
What the hell are u talking about? Where the hell ur getting the idea? YOu don't even know me and starting to judge me. I can see that you are the one being the stupid. And I am saying you are stupid because you said some offensive stuff to me. I didn't realize it can offend anyone when others talk about our players beauti or associate shalar bhai with their names. You will find that after understanding my mistake I corrected my post and you will follow the same. Big hollow thanks! And by the way, I am taller like you than most bengalis that is why it was unusual to me. And for your information, I did played direct under the sun in Bangladesh for continuous 4 or 5 hours. Got it!
Old January 8, 2005, 08:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

tiger fan...skin color and looks dont mean a damn thing...in sports all it matters is how fast, strong, quick, or smart you are. you can be an a-hole like kobe and still be good. u can look like mike tyson and still kick arse. is shaquille oneal particularily handsome? what about jevon kearse? nope. kearse looked like he just killed someone, hashim amla looks like bin laden. does anyone care? nope.
Old January 8, 2005, 08:42 PM
Street Cricketer

Tiger Fan
How could you think like this????????
Old January 8, 2005, 08:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Al Furqaan and Nipun Bro, you got me 100% wrong. I am proud of our bd players and I love them with my heart. they've achieve so much in such a young age that many can't. I am not questioning their look, people got me wrong. They just look strange to me, that is why I posted this. Nothing else! Believe me.
Old January 8, 2005, 09:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Well, it was a dumb question, but he HAS apologized for it, so let's just close this thread and not pile on him anymore.
Old January 8, 2005, 09:35 PM
Street Cricketer

he has not apologized for the 'dumbness' of the question, he apologized because it 'offended' other people. I'm not sure if tiger fan understands the dumbness of his question.
Old January 8, 2005, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Tigerfan, lest you get the wrong idea, it was not offensive. It was too dumb to be offensive.

80-90% of Bangladeshi people are "short" and "black" like that, for whatever reasons (my guess for the "shortness' would be malnutrition or poor eating habit and/or genes). That's what average Bangalis look like. It is just dumb to say this phenomenon seems strange to you.
Old January 8, 2005, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Another question or two or three. Don't get me wrong. Just trying to prove a hypothesis.

1. How old are you?
2. Are you Bangladeshi
3. Have you been to Bangladesh?
Old January 8, 2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Building on what Arnab said, you also have to realize that this crazy kids (bd players) are out in the sun day in and day out. Us brown people, we don't get tanned when we are out in the sun, we get dark.
Old January 8, 2005, 10:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Canada_r
What the hell are u talking about? Where the hell ur getting the idea? YOu don't even know me and starting to judge me. I can see that you are the one being the stupid. And I am saying you are stupid because you said some offensive stuff to me. I didn't realize it can offend anyone when others talk about our players beauti or associate shalar bhai with their names. You will find that after understanding my mistake I corrected my post and you will follow the same. Big hollow thanks! And by the way, I am taller like you than most bengalis that is why it was unusual to me. And for your information, I did played direct under the sun in Bangladesh for continuous 4 or 5 hours. Got it!
No Tiger I will not say sorry for anything because I have not done anything wrong. First of all, you lack knowledge about Bangladesh. And your personality and education is different than mine. I am not trying to offend you at all. I tried to make some sense to you. I know that you realized your mistake and that's really good. Hope you learnt from your mistake. Some Bangladeshi people are not as tall as others, but thats fine. We are all the same anyway. I am not really anxious about your Thanks anyway. By the way I played in first class cricket in Bangladesh for some years and my complexion is not dark either. But I still love bangladesh and all the people whether they are dark, black or lighter... I have nothing against you!
Old January 8, 2005, 10:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

this discussion is going in an interesting angle. Wonder if it belongs in cricket section anymore. I wonder if three more generations down the line will the skin tones for brown people (those living in the west and those in their original homelands) "evolve" along 2 different lines like that of African-Americans & Africans? so much so that it would be hard for them to identify with each other even if we were to discount the obviousenvironmental pressures? Is Tigerfan's question symptomatic of that? I am leaving the height and other physical features out since those should probably converge as nutrition improves. The evidence for that is already quite visible looking at the younger generations.
Old January 8, 2005, 10:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

This thread should be killed, it is not worth to discuss a sick comment. And certanily many of us dont want to see dumb thing just before the start of the game. Lets go watch/listen cricket
Old January 8, 2005, 10:11 PM
Test Cricketer

I agree with Cricketwizard.
Closed Thread