facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2011, 04:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers
Smile The Rubel Hossain Thread

Rubel Hossain is going to be a world-class pacer in a couple of years inshAllah. Let's discuss everything about him in this thread.

Rubel Hossain

Other related threads are:
- Thread 1: Rubel Hossain
- Thread 2: An interview with Rubel Hossain by Rabeed Imam(TC)
- Thread 3: Rubel Hossain: an important point
- Thread 4: "BD in WI" vs "BD u19 in Eng" & RUBEL HOSSAIN
- Thread 5: Test cap for Rubel Hossain and Mahmudullah Riyad
- Thread 6: Rubel Hossain = Overrated
- Thread 7: interview of RUBEL HOSSAIN on Chutir Dine (Prothom Alo Supplement)
- Thread 8: Why was Rubel Hossain dropped?

Old October 24, 2011, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Boy can he get the ball the reverse. And that no-ball that crushed the stumps, simply amazing.
Old October 24, 2011, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

An interview with Rubel Hossain by Rabeed Imam(TC)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the fast track
Rabeed Imam
04-June-2009

Question (Q): How did you come into cricket?

Rubel Hossain (RH): I have been playing cricket since I was very young in my hometown Bagerhat. Mostly it was with a taped tennis ball but I then made it to the local league. I was brought to Dhaka for playing in the third division by one of the elders of my locality three-four years ago and have appeared for different clubs.

Q: When did your lucky break come?

RH: It was in the Grameenphone Pacer Hunt programme a couple of years ago. I clocked 82 miles per hour and was enrolled in the BCB’s Pace Academy. I made the Bangladesh Under 19 side in 2007 and played for the Academy and the A Team before getting the national team call up earlier this year.

Q: Have you always bowled quick?

RH: Yes but I wasn’t as quick as I am now. Infact I my fastest ball was about 72mph in the first Grameenphone Pacer Hunt and I wasn’t selected. Then almost all of a sudden I found out that my pace had increased and in the next Pacer Hunt a year later I was bowling at 82mph. Honestly speaking I have no idea how I got faster.

Q: You are only 19 and can get even quicker…

RH: I hope so. Here my quickest was clocked at 92mph (against Sri Lanka). I want to become even faster. That’s a goal.

Q: You come across as a very gentle person and not the typical all aggro fast bowler…

RH: Well I like to shatter the stumps. I have hit a few with bouncers in domestic cricket and some had to retire hurt. I love bowling bouncers and enjoy the sight when I get batsmen in trouble. In terms of outward aggression, well I had a tendency of bullying and beating up the younger ones in our extended family and I received a few beatings myself. I don’t do that anymore (laughs). That’s probably as wild as I got!

Q: How have things changed for you as everything has happened very fast

RH: That’s right. I have to pinch myself sometimes when I see the players around me. Masrafe (Mortaza) has always been my idol and now I am bowling with him. Razzak (Abdur) is from my town and he is a celebrity there. I happened to speak to him when he was awarded a reception in Bagerhat after the 2007 World Cup. That was a momentous occasion for me.

Many things have changed. I never had proper training until I made it through the Pacer Hunt programme. I used to play football a lot and was a regular in the local football league in Bagerhat. That was my only fitness routine. Otherwise I would play cricket, eat and sleep. But since joining the Academy I have learned about the fitness regime and gym work. The facilities are also fantastic and I owe a lot to pace bowling coaches Sarwar Imran and Champaka (Ramanayake).

I get told all the time by the seniors in the team and the coaches to understand and value the ability I have and not get distracted. I respect their views and try to conduct myself in the appropriate manner.

Q: What was your first meeting like with your idol?

RH: Well I bowled against him in a local competition match in his hometown Narail. I needed three balls to get his wicket and it was with a bouncer. I had expected to hear a few words but he never said a thing. I finally managed to draw enough courage to speak to him when I was called up for the Bangladesh side. He is fantastic cricketer and a wonderful person.

Q: How supportive is your family towards your cricket

RH: Very supportive, especially now. I have to stay away from home a lot and they understand. I could not have become a cricketer without the support of my mother who has always been on my side. In the beginning my father was not very approving of me playing all the time but mom always protected me. Now the whole family stays glued to the television when I am playing.

Q: How have you enjoyed England so far?

RH: This is my second visit after the A tour in 2008. It has gone well for me so far. I am working on my slower balls, the yorkers and also my line. You need to have variations but I guess pace is my main asset and I will always strive to bowl quicker.

Q: What are your interests apart from cricket?

RH: I have a fascination for racing bikes. I wanted to buy one as young people in my division (Khulna) are crazy about bikes but I have been advised by teammates and seniors to take it easy. Everyone remembers how Manzural Islam and Sajjadul lost their lives in a motorbike crash in 2007.

WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT HIM

Masrafe Mortaza, Bangladesh vice captain

“He belongs to a rare breed. There are very few who can bowl at 90 miles an hour in world cricket and he has been pushing that mark consistently. That’s high class. I love bowling with him and I wish him a long career and hope he plays a lot of cricket for Bangladesh. He is the kind of bowler who may go for a few runs but he can also win you matches. I like his aggression. He just needs to maintain himself because fast bowling is hard work.”

Champaka Ramanayake, Bangladesh bowling coach

“He is getting better all the time. This is the time to encourage him and give him confidence. He will get quicker also. He trains hard and does everything we ask of him.”

http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=724

(Courtesy : Murad Vhai)
Old October 24, 2011, 04:14 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Khalek, may koi kha, bape koi lek ( thread opener of Rubel -overrated)

Anyway, I'm loving all the official threads...dui din pore idrink20 official thread o khula lagbe

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 24, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Nadim, didn't you open a thread on Rubel? Something like "Rubel the village Gangster"as title? I think this should be merged with that one.
Old October 24, 2011, 04:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Rubel Hossain to Mills, OUT, cleaned out!! Bangladesh win the series 4-0 and achieve what Athar Ali Khan has called the 'Banglawash'! Mills backed away, Rubel fired in a perfect yorker on leg stump and sent it cartwheeling. The players then chased madly after each other in wild celebration as New Zealand suffer complete ignominy
KD Mills b Rubel Hossain 33 (60m 47b 2x4 2x6) SR: 70.21

Rubel Hossain to Taibu, OUT, right through him, Taibu's middle stump is uprooted, Rubel lets it rip from wide of the crease and it comes in off a length, Taibu is very tentative in the crease and cannot get the bat down in time
T Taibu b Rubel Hossain 0 (5m 2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
Rubel Hossain to Brathwaite, (no ball) 1 run, he's uprooted two stumps with an outright jaffer, but oh dear, it is a no-ball! Hands on heads all around the ground, Rubel looks completely gutted. Full, fast, furious and straightening from leg to middle. The batsman is squared up and has no clue as it deviates past the bat to uproot middle and leg. Umpire Dharmasena's right hand goes out sideways promptly and solemnly. And they take a single after the ball shattered the stumps too.
Old October 24, 2011, 04:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Khalek, may koi kha, bape koi lek ( thread opener of Rubel -overrated)

Anyway, I'm loving all the official threads...dui din pore idrink20 official thread o khula lagbe
Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
abar jigai

No need to open one for me, bro. Thanks for the gesture
Old October 24, 2011, 08:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

iDrinkH20 is a smart man, he opens official threads for consistently performing players
Old October 26, 2011, 12:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Courtesy: MoChoudhury vhai

Rubel's delivery at 2:12

Rubel Hossain to Brathwaite, (no ball) 1 run, he's uprooted two stumps with an outright jaffer, but oh dear, it is a no-ball! Hands on heads all around the ground, Rubel looks completely gutted. Full, fast, furious and straightening from leg to middle. The batsman is squared up and has no clue as it deviates past the bat to uproot middle and leg. Umpire Dharmasena's right hand goes out sideways promptly and solemnly. And they take a single after the ball shattered the stumps too.
Old October 26, 2011, 12:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
iDrinkH20 is a smart man, he opens official threads for consistently performing players
Oh d**g it! You've discovered my secret.
Old October 26, 2011, 02:04 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Anyone has his debut video?
Old October 26, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

guys, can u please STOP opening threads for EVERYONE in the team? this is getting REALLY annoying!
Old October 26, 2011, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Guys, can you carry on opening threads for everyone in the team? It is really helpful.
Old October 26, 2011, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
guys, can u please STOP opening threads for EVERYONE in the team? this is getting REALLY annoying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Guys, can you carry on opening threads for everyone in the team? It is really helpful.
Old November 12, 2011, 06:03 PM
Test Cricketer

রুবেল ও বাংলাদেশের পেস বোলিং
| তারিখ: ১৩-১১-২০১১

বিশপের সাক্ষাৎকারটা যখন নিচ্ছি, বল করছেন রুবেল হোসেন। সেদিকে তাকিয়ে বিশপ বললেন, ‘এই ছেলেটা খুব ভালো বোলার। ১৪০ কিলোমিটার বেগে বল করে। ওই স্লিংগি অ্যাকশনেও খুব ভালো নিয়ন্ত্রণ। টিভি কমেন্ট্রিতেও আমি বলেছি, ওকে ঠিকভাবে তৈরি করলে ও বিশ্বমানের ফাস্ট বোলার হতে পারবে।’

সেই ‘ভালোভাবে তৈরি করা’র প্রথম শর্ত বলে মনে করেন, পেস সহায়ক উইকেট তৈরি করা, ‘আমি জানি, স্পিনই বাংলাদেশের মূল শক্তি। কিন্তু মাঝেমধ্যে রুবেল-শফিউলদের কথা ভেবে একটু গতিময় উইকেট তৈরি করা উচিত। নইলে তো ফাস্ট বোলাররা উৎসাহ হারিয়ে ফেলবে। মনে রাখতে হবে, ক্রিকেটে ফাস্ট বোলিংয়ের মতো কষ্ট আর কিছুতে নেই। দিনের পর দিন এমন মরা উইকেটে বল করতে হলে যেকোনো ফাস্ট বোলারই হতোদ্যম হয়ে পড়তে বাধ্য।’

বাংলাদেশের ক্লাব ক্রিকেটেও স্পিনারদেরই রাজত্ব, পেসাররা সেখানে ‘সৎভাই’—এ কথা শুনে নিজের দেশ ত্রিনিদাদের সঙ্গে মিল খুঁজে পেলেন। ‘ত্রিনিদাদেও একই অবস্থা ছিল। ওখানকার উইকেটও স্পিন সহায়ক, সব ক্লাবই তাই ট্রফি জেতার জন্য তিন-চারজন স্পিনারকে খেলাত। এখন অবস্থাটা একটু বদলেছে।’

তরুণ প্রজন্মকে ফাস্ট বোলিংয়ে উৎসাহিত করার উপায়ও বাতলে দিলেন, ‘রুবেলের মতো কাউকে আইকন হিসেবে প্রতিষ্ঠিত করতে হবে। বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটে সাকিব-তামিম যে মর্যাদাটা ভোগ করে, একজন ফাস্ট বোলারকেও তেমন তারকা বানাতে হবে। তাহলে কিশোর-তরুণেরা একদিন তাঁর মতো হওয়ার স্বপ্ন দেখবে। বাংলাদেশ ফাস্ট বোলার পাবে। সেটা খুব জরুরি, কারণ টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে সত্যিকার একজন ফাস্ট বোলার যেকোনো সময় ম্যাচ ঘুরিয়ে দিতে পারে।’

তরুণদের সামনে আদর্শ হিসেবে কেউ থাকাটা কতটা জরুরি, তা বোঝাতেও ত্রিনিদাদের উদাহরণ, ‘ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ এত ফাস্ট বোলারের জন্ম দিয়েছে। কিন্তু ত্রিনিদাদ থেকে কোনো ফাস্ট বোলারই ছিল না। আশির দশকে এলেন টনি গ্রে, ত্রিনিদাদ থেকে প্রথম ফাস্ট বোলার। আমি নিজে তাঁকে দেখে অনুপ্রাণিত হয়েছি। আমার পর যেমন এসেছে মারভিন ডিলন। বাংলাদেশেও এমন কাউকে দরকার।’

পথপ্রদর্শকদের সেই কাজটা রুবেল হোসেনই করতে পারেন বলে বিশপের বিশ্বাস।
Old November 12, 2011, 06:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Good thoughts from Bishop, I like Bishop.
I hope Rubel guides us the way,but for that he needs some assistance as Bishop mentioned
Old November 12, 2011, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru

He's the closest thing we have to decent pace bowler, and he knows how to do reverse-swing, someone get him a good bowling coach and he'd carry our pace attack. Tad bit too expensive though, but that is the norm in our pace attack.
Old November 14, 2011, 12:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

when he becomes WORLD CLASS the rest of the world will become SOLAR SYSTEM CLASS
Old November 14, 2011, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

he's becoming a very good death over bowler. gets some early breakthroughs too and what do i say about his reverse swinging ability?
Old November 14, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Far from "world class", but he's really good at death bowling specially. Wish he'd been under Pont for a while, though. Could become a deadly bowler for BD, even better than Mash.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 14, 2011, 09:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Far from "world class", but he's really good at death bowling specially. Wish he'd been under Pont for a while, though. Could become a deadly bowler for BD, even better than Mash.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Which isn't saying much at all. Mash sucked as a death bowler.
Old December 11, 2011, 06:05 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

this guy has an avg of 83+ and a sr of 118+ in tests..no unfortunately i am not taking about his batting attributes..even a part time bowler has better stat then him..i know stats can be deceiving..but can they be this much deceiving?
Old December 11, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
this guy has an avg of 83+ and a sr of 118+ in tests..no unfortunately i am not taking about his batting attributes..even a part time bowler has better stat then him..i know stats can be deceiving..but can they be this much deceiving?
Hmm, that's sad. I really like this boy and his passion. He works hard. Bowls some excellent deliveries but then gives away some easy runs that's what might have affected his average
Old December 11, 2011, 08:31 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

The problem is he just doesn't get wickets and gives a bad ball/long hop ever 1 or 2 overs. Even when he or Shahadat manages to get an edge or false stroke our fielders manage to shell it. I liked the effort he put into his bowling today even if it didn't pay off
Old December 11, 2011, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Don't know why he continues to remain ineffective in Tests. He has all the right attributes to be a good Test bowler. I'm not watching the match but good to know he bowled well. Hopefully the wickets will come with time.